Swimming - Page 54 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-11-2006, 08:10 AM   #796
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
Steph Rice is one of the best looking Australian sportswomen, along with Kate Hollywood.

We shall have to wait and see with Bronte.
Yep, agree. Rice and Hollywood are two of the best.

Do you think there are any young men that could be amongst the best in the world? I found this...

Quote:
Add to the mix the emergence of 18-year-old Sydney freestyler Kenrick Monk, Southport 19-year-old Andrew Lauterstein in the butterfly and Miami 18-year-old Ephraim Hannant and Kingscliff 20-year-old Hayden Stoeckel in the backstroke and signs look most encouraging for the future.
Not a lot to work with though.
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #797
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Do you think there are any young men that could be amongst the best in the world? I found this...

Not a lot to work with though.
They are good, without being great.

ie. Making a final at the World Champs would be a great achievement for them.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #798
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond reputeLangers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They are good, without being great.

ie. Making a final at the World Champs would be a great achievement for them.
Well you're pretty much spot on...

Quote:
ENRICK Monk and Patrick Murphy last night answered one of the most intriguing questions of the national titles when they ushered in the post-Ian Thorpe generation by claiming the 200-metre freestyle berths for next year's world championships.

Monk's winning time of one minute 48.66 and Murphy's 1:48.95 are a world from Thorpe's world record of 1:44.06 and would not rank in the top 10 times this year.
They're still young though so hopefully they can continue to imrpove. Still can't believe Thorpe is gone.

And what happened to Sophie Edington? Her time was over a second slower than her time at the Commonwealth Games and she didn't even qualify. Too busy trying to look great I think, which she does do though.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:07 PM   #799
country flag rosespower

rosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond repute

Retired multiple world-record holder Ian Thorpe could still return to the sport, as the Australian has yet to take his name off of the official drug-testing register.

The world and Olympic champion retired from the sport one week ago, but has reportedly opted not to remove himself from the register until he is certain he will not attempt a comeback.

"Ian is still on the drug-testing list; he has the form to complete, but we haven't got it yet," Australian Swimming chief executive Glen Tasker told The Sydney Morning Herald.

Thorpe declining to sign the papers that would remove him from the list means he is still subject to random drug testing by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA), but it also means he can return to the sport at any time.

Athletes who sign the form and are no longer subject to testing must wait a nine month period, during which they will again face random testing, before they can return to racing.

"If you change your mind, and your timing is out, there can be no comeback," Tasker said.

Eurosport - Jeremy Stahl - 08/12/2006 21:24

I would love to see that!
rosespower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #800
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

I've already told everyone he will be back for Beijing.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:12 PM   #801
country flag Langers

Quote:

I've already told everyone he will be back for Beijing.

Yeh I find it very hard to believe Thorpe won't be swimming in the 2008 Olympics. He'll be back.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:05 PM   #802
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

he better be i want a showdown between him, phelps and hoogie!!

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:07 PM   #803
Banned!

phelps is gay, and so is thorpe

Old 12-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #804
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

exactly i still want a showdown and hoogie to kick their asses

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
Old 12-16-2006, 01:51 AM   #805
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
exactly i still want a showdown and hoogie to kick their asses
Oh good!

Me too!

Old 12-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #806
country flag Washa Koroleva

Washa Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Yep, agree. Rice and Hollywood are two of the best.
There are like... TONS more
Jodie Low (ok... ), Erin Normoyle, Anna Rowson, Natalie Ward & Torah Bright

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
- Mark Twain
Washa Koroleva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #807
country flag Langers

Quote:
COLUMBIA, Mo. – Michael Phelps delivered the shock of the evening Saturday at the Missouri Grand Prix, breaking his own world record in the 200m butterfly.

His time of 1:53.71 bested his own world record of 1:53.80, which he set on August 17, 2006, at the Mutual of Omaha Pan Pacific Championships. This is the fifth time he has broken the 200m fly world record.

Phelps, who will swim this event next month at the 2007 FINA World Championships in Melbourne, Australia, led by four body-lengths at the 150-mark, which brought the packed crowd at the Mizzou Aquatic Center to its feet.

“I didn’t think I was going to break a record tonight,” said Phelps, who was sporting a goatee and a huge smile on his face after the race.
Can't say I'm much of a fan.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #808
country flag Suzi

aint a fan of phelps either (even though we share the same birthdate ) i mean he sure has talent dont get me wrong

Old 02-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #809
country flag Sandra

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Phelps

Now that there's no more Thorpey, my fave race is the 100 m. freee
Old 02-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #810
country flag Alessia9

Alessia9 has a reputation beyond reputeAlessia9 has a reputation beyond reputeAlessia9 has a reputation beyond reputeAlessia9 has a reputation beyond reputeAlessia9 has a reputation beyond reputeAlessia9 has a reputation beyond reputeAlessia9 has a reputation beyond reputeAlessia9 has a reputation beyond reputeAlessia9 has a reputation beyond reputeAlessia9 has a reputation beyond reputeAlessia9 has a reputation beyond repute

I like Phelps a lot. He is a great swimmer ... excelent
Too bad, Thorpe does no longer compete, I liked him also.
Alessia9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote