Swimming - Page 52 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #766
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers

I much prefer Hackett to Thorpe, Grant is one of my most respected athletes.
same here

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2006, 11:33 PM   #767
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi
no worries, i dont care HES BACK lol

and yr avie

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:32 AM   #768
country flag NyGeL

NyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond repute

Meolans and Bardach, best argentinean swimmers

but I used to like Popov.
SF: / / Estoril, Shangai / / / / Stuttgart, Palermo
QF: Brisbane/ Umag, USOpen / / Australia, Nottingham, Olympics, Bangkok / Australia, Sauipe / / Kitzbuhel, Beijing

PAW Rank: 14

FITD Champ: Queens 2010 / Miami, Newport & Stuttgart 2009 / Hamburg & Kitzbuhel 2008
Suicide Champ: Johannesburg 2009
NyGeL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #769
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

The Pan Pacific 2006 begings on the 17th!!

The Teams
http://www.panpacs2006.com/pdf/PP-TEAMROSTER-AUG10.pdf

The Athletes
http://www.panpacs2006.com/pdf/PPROSTER-AUG10.pdf

The Schedule
http://www.panpacs2006.com/eventsched.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
Old 08-17-2006, 06:33 PM   #770
country flag Suzi

Bump

anyways Hot Torso

Old 08-18-2006, 08:51 AM   #771
country flag Suzi

Pan Pacific Champs Day 1-Finals

Victoria-Canada got the crowd on their feet from the get go with a gold and bronze in the 800 free. There was no stopping them after that, uplifting Jessicah Schipper and Michael Phelps to a pair of new world records in the 200 fly and near misses for Aaron Peirsol and Kate Ziegler.

Men's 800 Free

Canada opened the meet with a spectacular gold-bronze punch, as the Canadian crowd got downright crazy cheering for hometown boy Ryan Cochrane (CAN) and Andrew Hurd (CAN). It was 17-year old Cochrane who took the race out, leading until the 500, well under 8 minute pace. "I haven't raced those guys much before so I just wanted to take it out to the 400 and see what panned out," said Cochrane. But Hurd, known for his backend, turned on the turbo jets at the 400 mark, reeling in Cochrane. Hot on his heels was Troyden Prinsloo (RSA). Both men passed Cochrane by the 600 split and it was a battle to the finish. Hurd hung on for the win in Canadian record time of 7:55.88 to Prinsloo's 7:56.82, while Cochrane, also under the old Canadian record and 6 seconds under his PB, was third in 7:58.32. "When it started to hurt at the 500," said Cochrane, "it was great to see everyone cheering." Hurd echoed this sentiment. "For sure," he said. "I was really hurting on that last 200 so it was great to hear the crowd." Hurd had the Canadian record on his mind all season: "My goal going into this race was the record, and when a couple top people like Peter Vanderkaay (USA) and Erik Vendt (USA) dropped out of the race a few days ago, I knew I had a chance to win."

Women's 200 Free

It was all Katie Hoff (USA) tonight in this one. She looked cruising as she held off a fast closing Linda MacKenzie (AUS) to win in 1:58.02-1 1/100th under her best. "Every time you go a best time and win on the first night, it is just amazing," said Hoff. On her tough schedule she replied, "I take one race at a time and focus on it, then I move on." MacKenzie finished in 1:58.26, while her teammate Bronte Barratt (AUS) touched in 1:58.59. Brittany Reimer (CAN) was 7th in 2:01.39, faster than her heat swim.

Men's 200 Free

Canada hoped to repeat their great 800 finishes, but crowd favourite Brent Hayden (CAN), who has been battling illness all season, just could not get the win. He was first at the 50 before Olympic medallist Klete Keller (USA) took control. Keller won in 1:46.20, a clear victory over the field. Hayden dropped to 4th spot as Tae Hwan Park (KOR) came in at 1:47.51 over Lin Zhang (CHN) in 1:47.59 to Hayden's 1:47.78. "This is fun," said Keller. "Especially when people are doing really well. I train with Andrew Hurd everyday, so it is great to see him do so well."

Women's 100 Back

Natalie Coughlin led at the 50, out in 29.20, but she struggled against the lane line. As she came home, she still couldn't get off the rope, add in the loss of her legs, and she was no match for the fast finishing Hanae Ito (JPN) who out-touched the Olympic champ 1:00.63 to 1:00.66. Third spot was Olympic medallist Reiko Nakamura (JPN) in 1:00.86. "The lane lines were not a problem coming home, but it is something I've been doing a lot lately. That's definitely not a best swim, my training has been excellent, and I'm not out of shape, so I honestly don't know what to say about that race."

Men's 100 Back

It was set up to be the showdown of the night, Ryan Lochte (USA) had the fastest heat swim and Aaron Peirsol (USA) had to chase him down-that's exactly how it played out. Lochte had a perfect start and Peirsol came up half a body length behind, they went stroke for stroke down the first 50, but Peirsol's turn put in out front and he continued to build from there. He stormed home, touching just off his world record in 53.32 to Lochte's 54.02. "Each year I'm getting better and I don't think I've reached the top of my best yet, so when guys like Ryan are pushing me, it's great. We don't have to travel the world for this kind of great racing, we can do it in our own backyard."

Women's 200 Fly

She was pegged as the queen of the Aussie team coming into Victoria-the only woman capable of breaking a world record-she did not disappoint. Under world record pace from the get go, Schipper gave the crowd yet another reason to go mad. Her splits: 28.35, 1:00.11, 1:32.46, and 2:05.40. Schipper smiled as she marched out on deck and said that being relaxed must have helped. So too did the fans. "I heard the crowd, and it really helped me, so thank you so much! It's just amazing to break the world record, I can't believe it!" In for silver in a personal best as Yuko Nakanishi (JPN) in a very fast 2:06.52, followed by countrywoman Yurie Yano (JPN) in 2:07.86.

Men's 200 Fly

Not to be outdone by the women, Michael Phelps rocked out another world record with his powerful turns and final 50. Out under world record pace, he battled back and forth with Ryuichi Shibata (JPN) before charging off the 150 wall and putting a body length on Shibata as he touched in 1:53.82 to Shibata's 1:55.82 and Takeshi Matsuda's (JPN) 1:56.20. Phelps' splits: 25.79, 55.27, 1:24.65, 1:53.82. "It's a good start to the meet. I've wanted to do a best time in that event for a while now. I saw the other guys do well this morning, so I knew it would be close at the 150, but Bob (Bowman) and I were talking about having a strong kick off the last wall. I did that and was able to build some good momentum." As for the fans, "When the crowd is cheering like that you always know something good is happening!"

Women's 1500 Free

It was a true battle royale for the crown of distance queen-the winner-Kate Ziegler (USA) in the second fastest 1500 of all-time with a 15:55.01 to Hayley Peirsol's (USA) 15:57.36. Ziegler and Peirsol are now in some impressive company, they are now within striking range of Janet Evan's world record of 15:52.10 and the only other women to ever break 16 minutes. "I like to take it out fast," said Ziegler, "so I went out fast, but with Hayley there I couldn?t let my guard down. I really think it's great to have 3 Americans as the top 3 of all time. To continue such an amazing tradition of distance swimming is great." In for the bronze was Sachiko Yamada (JPN) in 16:11.13 and 14 year old Savannah King (CAN) had a solid swim for her first international meet with her 7th place spot in 16:46.38.

Last edited by Suzi : 08-18-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:03 AM   #772
country flag Suzi

we got a WR!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peirsol and the American Men Break 2 More World Records-Pan Pac Finals-Day 3

19-Aug-2006 Nikki Dryden

Victoria-Two more world records, 6 more Pan Pac records, and dozens of nationals ones were broken today on day t3 of the Pan Pac champs. There was talk this pool was fast, but who knew we'd see so many! Aaron Peirsol cracked out the first one, lowering his own best and the Americans regained the 4x100 title, which the South Africans have held since 2004.

Women's 400 Free

Olympic gold medallist in the 800 free Ai Shibata (JPN) and former world short course record holder in the 800 Sachiko Yamata (JPN) proved their mettle against Kate Zeigler (USA) and Katie Hoff (USA). Zeigler took it out first at the half in 2:03.36, then Hoff pulled into the lead at the 350 with the 2 Japanese girls right on her shoulder. But neither were any match for the turbo jets of Shibata who propelled herself to the wall ahead of Hoff finishing in 4:07.61 to Hoff's 4:07.98. Shibata then out-touched Zeigler 4:08.42 to 4:08.47.

Men's 400 Free

In another Asian upset, Tae Hwan Park (KOR) stole the show from American Klete Keller (USA) with an incredible final 50 that put him a body length ahead of both Keller and silver medallist Lin Zhang (CHN). Park, who was second in the 200, won in 3:45.72, while Zhang, who was third in the 200, touched in 3:47.07 to Keller's 3:47.17. Andrew Hurd (CAN) lowered his Canadian record for 4th spot in 3:49.32, but he was just too far back to catch the early leaders. Keller was clearly disappointed in the loss. "They've been pretty good this meet, so I was expecting them to swim well. It was just a pretty bad race for me-my grandmother could've raced better!" Vanderkaay (USA) won the B final in 3:49.42 after Erik Vendt (USA) scratched to prepare for the 1500 tomorrow.

Women's 100 Fly

Jess Schipper (AUS) wasn't quite good enough to break her 2nd world record of the meet, but she was fast enough to lower the Pan Pac record held by two Olympic legends: Jenny Thompson and Natalie Coughlin at 57.88. Schipper won easily in 57.30 with a 27.04 split. A body length behind was Rachel Komisarz (USA) in 58.75 and Mary Descenza (USA) in 59.03. Mackenzie Downing (CAN) finished in 6th-off her morning swim at 59.76, while Audrey Lacroix (CAN), was 7th in 59.95. "This is definitely one of the best meets of my life," said Schippper.

Men's 100 Fly

Ian Crocker (USA) had no one to race as Michael Phelps (USA) opted to do the 200 back instead. Crocker was out in 23.85 and the field was eating his wake by the time he touched in 51.47. Silver went to Ryo Takayasu (JPN) in 52.59 with Lyndon Ferns (RSA) in 52.71. "I'm happy with the result, but not the time," said Crocker afterwards, and then commented on why he was the first man to break 51 seconds: "It's by trying to be the first man to break 50."

Women's 200 Back

In one of the fastest 200 back finals of all-time, Olympic bronze medallist Reiko Nakamura (JPN) was able to hang on for the gold despite a fast charging Margaret Hoelzer (USA). Nakamura lowered the Pan Pac record to 2:08.86 with Hoelzer at 2:09.42. Lane 4 qualifier Takami Igarashi (JPN) was third in 2:10.30, slower than Hanae Ito (JPN) won the B final in 2:09.21. Nakamura is teammates with breaststroker Kosuke Kitajima, while Ito shares a coach with fellow backstroker Tomomi Morita. "I got a look while I was swimming," said Hoelzer. "So I knew where she was. It is really exciting to be part of such a fast final."

Men's 200 Back

With Michael Phelps (USA) in the water, there are few swimmers in the world who are safe. Aaron Peirsol (USA) is one of an elite few. Even if there's a little bit of fear there, you'd never know it. Totally composed before and after, Peirsol is the picture of confidence. No where does that translate better than in the way he swims: 26.97, 55.85, 1:24.87, for his new world record of 1:54.44. "It never gets old," said Peirsol. "I felt great the whole way and I'm really happy with it. This crowd was really going, so thanks so much, you let me know I was on pace. I'm elated." Phelps was off his best at 1:56.81 for silver, while Tomomi Morita (JPN) picked up the bronze in 1:58.53.

Women's 4x100 Free Relay

With the Germans the new world record holders in this event, the Americans were out for more than the win. They led out with Amanda Weir in 53.76 who was under world record pace. Natalie Coughlin dove in next and her 53.21 lowered them even further. Kara Lynn Joyce had her work cut out for her, but she hung on with a 54.51. That left Lacey Nymeyer to bring it home. She put in a 54.32, but it wasn't enough: the final time of 3:35.83 was a new American and Pan Pac record, but off the German's pace set this summer in Budapest of 3:35.22. The silver went to Canada in a new national record of 3:41.83-just 1 1/100th ahead of Australia. "We didn't fall short of the record," said Weir, "rather we are moving towards it."

Men's 4x100 Free Relay

With just minutes rest after the 200 back, Michael Phelps was back to lead out the relay in 48.83-and that was their slowest leg. From there it was Neil Walker in 47.89, Cullen Jones in 47.96 and Jason Lezak in 47.78 for a new world record of 3:12.46. The time smashes South Africa's record from Athens of 3:13.17. In for silver was Canada. Their splits: Rick Say 49.79, Brent Hayden 48.07, Collin Russell 49.09 and Matt Rose 49.17 for a 3:16.12 over Australia in 3:16.42. "We work so well as a team," said Phelps. "When USA swims we are one and we all worked so hard and got what was ours." Walker added, "Jason sat us down before the race and said 'let's bring this record back to the US where it belongs.'" For Jones, the first African-American to break a world record, it was especially sweet. "It feels great to be part of this team! I'm a rookie and I really look up to all these guys."

Old 08-21-2006, 02:26 PM   #773
country flag Suzi

Hansen and Phelps Lower Their World Records-Pan Pac Finals Day 4

21-Aug-2006 Nikki Dryden

Victoria-Two more world records makes six for the meet, while 30 Pan Pac records tumbled. Hoff and Schoeman were beaten tonight while Phelps showed why he the best.

Women's 800 Free

After their amazing 1500 frees on day one of the meet, there were high expectations for the American duo of Kate Ziegler (USA) and Hayley Peirsol (USA). It was Ziegler who took it out on the field, which included Olympic champ Ai Shibata (JPN) and former short course record holder Sachiko Yamada (JPN). Ziegler flipped first at the 700 and looked like she wouldn't be touched, but a fast closing Shibata overtook Peirsol who had swum behind Ziegler the whole way. Shibata ran out of room to catch Ziegler who finished in 8:24.56 to Shibata's 8:26.41. Peirsol held on for the bronze in 8:27.57, while Yamada was fourth in 8:30.29. "I wanted to get out as fast as I could and just hold on," said Ziegler. "My coach is very influential in my life. He coaches me to do the best I can in the water and outside it anyway he can."

Women's 200 IM

In the one of the biggest upsets of the meet Whitney Myers (USA) ran away with a near world record against Katie Hoff (USA). Myers took it out on the World champ, and Hoff was defenseless against her. Myers' splits: 28.60, 32.98, 37.72, 30.80 for a new Pan Pac record of 2:10.11-just 4 tenths off the world record set in '97 by Yanyan Wau (CHN). Hoff split, 28.49, 33.61, 38.02, 31.37, for a 2:11.51. "I had no idea I was out that fast until the breast and I could hear the crowd, so thank you! I've been chasing Katie in that event for a while, so thank you to her too," said Myers.

Men's 200 IM

In what would have been the biggest upset of the meet, Ryan Lochte (USA) came within 10 metres of beating Michael Phelps (USA) and breaking the world record-but Lochte will just have to wait for a rematch. Phelps' out-touched him in a new world record 1:55.84 to 1:56.11. Their splits:

Phelps: 25.11, 29.38, 33.90, 27.86

Lochte: 25.31, 29.07, 33.88, 27.45

When he arrived as a Freshman at the University of Florida 4 years ago Lochte was a virtual unknown. Today he almost beat Michael Phelps. "When we get in the water and race it brings out the best in both of us, and Ryan definitely helped me a lot," said Phelps. "It is definitely more exciting when you go head to head like that. It really gets the crowd up and that definitely had an impact."

Women's 50 Free

Kara Lynn Joyce (USA) got out in clear water and didn't look back, beating Natalie Coughlin (USA) 25.10 to 25.32. In for the bronze was Flavia Delaroli (BRA) in 25.62. "You really have to work on your start," said Joyce after her win. "Then you just go as fast as you can! I started doing boxing this summer and I think it has really helped with my fast twitch muscles, and of course my self-defense!"

Men's 50 Free

Okay, so maybe this was the biggest upset of the meet! Cullen Jones (USA) the American rookie who was on last night's world record breaking relay, adding a Pan Pac record to his crown and a clear victory over world short course record holder Roland Schoeman (RSA). Cullen got out fast and like Joyce before him, didn't falter. His time of 21.84 was his PB, while Schoeman finished in 22.12. The bronze went to crowd favourite and 100 free winner Brent Hayden (CAN) in 22.22. "Yeah, I'm supposed to be the rookie, but I am feeling like a veteran! I just came here to represent my country as best I could and I couldn't ask for more!" As for the next 2 years, Jones said of his 6'5"-195lb physique, "I just need to put some more meat on these bones!"

Women's 200 Breast

Suzaan van Biljon (RSA) was unable to get down to her countrywoman Penny Heyns' (RSA) meet record of 2:23.64, but she did go fast enough for a clear win over the field. Her 2:26.36 led the first American shutout in the women's competition. In for silver was Asami Kitagawa (JPN) in 2:27.07 with Seul Ki Jung (KOR) at 2:27.09. Canadian rookie, 14-year-old Chelsey Salli (CAN) finished in 2:32.19-just off her best from this morning, but a great race against the veteran field.

Men's 200 Breast

If seeing the soles of his feet isn't enough to fuel Kosuke Kitajima's (JPN) next 2 years of training, maybe the new world record will be. Brendan Hansen (USA) again lowered his own world record to 2:08.50. The 2 men were close at the 100 with Hansen splitting 1:02.26 to Kitajima's 1:02.77. By the 150 Hansen had a stroke lead, but he blew the Olympic champ out of the water on the last 50 as Kitajima faded to a 2:10.87. "My race strategy was to take it out a bit slower than Nationals. It was hard to trust myself and hold back, but it sure felt good at the end. We make those world records look easy, but a lot of hard work went into that."

Men's 1500 Free

In the oddest 1500 I've ever seen, the field was dead even at the 500 mark, extending almost to the 1000, when finally Erik Vendt (USA) and Tae Hwan Park (KOR) made a move. They dropped to sub-60 100's, but it wasn't enough for a best time for either man, turning the race into a sprint match. Park, the 400 winner, got Vendt 15:06.11 to 15:07.17. The bronze went to Takeshi Matsuda (JPN) in 15:08.97, while hometown hero Ryan Cochrane (CAN) demolished his best time with a fourth place finish in 15:13.44. Vendt has only been back training for 4 months after a year and a half break. "While I would have loved to come back in the 50 or 100 free, unfortunately the 1500 and 400IM are my best events! I am disappointed with my swim, of course when you are that close with a 100 to go you always want to win, but I am very happy with my summer."

Women's 4x100 Medley Relay

The American women were no match for the world record, set by the Aussies at Commonwealths in March, but they did break the Pan Pac record in 3:58.38. The team of Natalie Coughlin, Jessica Hardy, Rachel Komisarz, and Amanda Weir beat out the Japanese for gold, while the Aussies beat the Canadians for the bronze. "I really wanted to get us off to a great lead and get under a minute," said Coughlin. "I was a bit off, but fortunately I had 3 other women behind me who had great swims."

Men's 4x100 Medley Relay

With 3 world record holders on their team, the Americans are pretty untouchable in this event. Aaron Peirsol led them out in 53.74, with Brendan Hansen in 59.18. Ian Crocker swam the fly leg in 50.92 and Jason Lezak anchored in 47.95 for the 30th Pan Pac record of the meet in 3:31.79. Japan earned the silver in 3:35.70, while Australia got bronze and Canada fourth. "We've been together for the last 4 years on this relay," said Peirsol. "I've grown up with these guys and so it makes it that much more special."

Old 08-31-2006, 05:27 PM   #774
country flag nctennisfan

nctennisfan has a reputation beyond reputenctennisfan has a reputation beyond reputenctennisfan has a reputation beyond reputenctennisfan has a reputation beyond reputenctennisfan has a reputation beyond reputenctennisfan has a reputation beyond reputenctennisfan has a reputation beyond reputenctennisfan has a reputation beyond reputenctennisfan has a reputation beyond reputenctennisfan has a reputation beyond reputenctennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

michael phelps' upper body makes me my lips and
nctennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:32 PM   #775
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Old 08-31-2006, 05:39 PM   #776
country flag Suzi

haha i was thinking the same!

Old 08-31-2006, 06:03 PM   #777
country flag Mara_M

Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #778
country flag rosespower

rosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday Ian Thorpe!
rosespower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:30 PM   #779
bad gambler

Thorpe will be announcing in a few hours that he will not be swimming in the world championships which will also pretty much mark the end of his swimming career as he has been suffering from a form of chronic fatigue over the past year and a half

Thanks for the memories Thorpedo
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #780
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the other Ian as well- Crocker.
I did not know Thorpe had been ill. That's a shame.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote