Swimming - Page 41 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-12-2006, 04:02 PM   #601
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swimming

20 Things You Might Want to Know
11-Mar-2006 Craig Lord

1. The 2006 Commonwealth Games will be held from 15-26 March 2006 in Melbourne, Victoria.

2. These are the XVIII Commonwealth Games and the fourth in Australian history - after following Sydney (1938), Perth (1962) and Brisbane (1982) - though the Games were once known as the British Empire Games and the British Commonwealth Games.

3. The Melbourne 1956 Olympic Games had 3,184 athletes competing in 15 sports. In Melbourne 2006, 4,500 athletes are due to compete in 16 sports and 24 disciplines.

4. The inaugural British Empire Games were staged in Hamilton, Canada, in 1930, when 11 nations competed. There are 71 nations in Melbourne.

5. Of the seven sports staged in Hamilton in 1930 - track and field, bowls, boxing, rowing, swimming, diving and wrestling, all barring rowing and wrestling remains on a list of 12 individual and four team sports involving 24 disciplines.

6. Athletics, boxing and swimming are the only sports to have been on the programme at every Games and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will attend the first morning of swimming heats in Melbourne.

7. In 2006 team sports included on the programme are basketball, hockey, rugby sevens and netball.

8. Melbourne will introduce basketball to the sports programme for the first time, while among sports that made their debut in Manchester, table tennis, mountain bike and triathlon will return.

9. Fourteen of the 16 sports at the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games will be staged at venues within a three-kilometre radius of the central business district.

10. A new 50m competition pool has been built at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre.

11. The Commonwealth Games Village in Parkville will become home for 6,000 athletes and officials.

12. The Games Village is traditionally open for a total of 25 days, starting 10 days before the opening ceremony to allow athletes the necessary time to acclimatise and adjust to their surroundings before they compete. The Games Village closes three days after the closing ceremony.

13. A free 12-day cultural and free entertainment program will fill Melbourne's Central Business District, parks and gardens with activity during the Games.

14. The state of Victoria has around 3,500 restaurants with 2,500 of them in metropolitan Melbourne and 400 in the Central Business District. There are more than 320 vineyards, 100 within one hour of the city. Visitors also have a place to stay; Melbourne has 25,000 hotel beds within 5km of the city.

15. Melbourne's transport system stretches along 244km of track and has 450 trams efficient in delivering spectators to major events.

16. The state of Victoria has a population of 5 million speaking 170 languages, while one in four Victorians was born overseas.

17. The Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) - dating back not just to the Melbourne Olympic Games of 1956 but to Australia's first amateur athletics meeting in September 1864 and the first Australasian Athletics Championship in 1893 - will host the opening and closing ceremonies and track and field events in 2006.

18. Athletes and officials will live in 155 permanent houses, 68 apartments, 14 townhouses and 115 cabins. The properties will later be sold. Indeed 88 have already gone, at an average cost of about £360,000.

19. Up to 15,000 volunteers will be required to assist with running the Games. They will be joined by 1,200 technical officials, 5,000 contractors and over 500 full time staff.

20. Each sitting at the main dining hall in the Games Village will feed 1,800 athletes and 20,000 meals will be served each day.

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #602
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

well me and my mate have decided to get fit and so going swimming tommorrow lolz, i cud be the new liesel jones or inge de bruin

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
Old 03-12-2006, 04:20 PM   #603
country flag Mashik

Mashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi
well me and my mate have decided to get fit and so going swimming tommorrow lolz, i cud be the new liesel jones or inge de bruin

As for me and my mate, we've decided to do the same!
Thinking of Ian..
Mashik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #604
country flag Suzi

omg omg omg wot r those two doing in ur av ahhhhhhhhh joking

Old 03-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #605
country flag Mashik

Mashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

omg omg omg wot r those two doing in ur av ahhhhhhhhh joking
The best double team after Mike and Bob
Old 03-12-2006, 04:48 PM   #606
country flag Suzi

yeah yeah wot ever

Old 03-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #607
country flag Suzi

just been swimming for 2 hours omg i hurt like hell argh so unfit me

Old 03-14-2006, 06:32 PM   #608
country flag Mashik

BTW Today is Pieter's Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Pieter!
Old 03-14-2006, 06:33 PM   #609
country flag Suzi

ooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIETER

Old 03-14-2006, 06:34 PM   #610
country flag Suzi

Old 03-14-2006, 06:37 PM   #611
country flag Mashik

Quote:

I like this pic One of my favs...

BTW you've changed your signature (about Igor ). That;s great! I think, it may become his official nickname
Old 03-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #612
country flag Suzi

i know i think it will catch on

awww i lurve Pieter wish he come back soooooooooon havnt seen him in action for ages

Old 03-14-2006, 06:42 PM   #613
country flag Mashik

Quote:
i know i think it will catch on

awww i lurve Pieter wish he come back soooooooooon havnt seen him in action for ages
The same about Ian...
Hope, they'll be back as soon as possible
And all prizes will be theirs, as it used to be
Old 03-14-2006, 06:44 PM   #614
country flag Suzi

hehe yeah and not phelpsy woo

Old 03-14-2006, 06:46 PM   #615
country flag Mashik

Quote:
hehe yeah and not phelpsy woo
Agree! No more Phelps in the swimming-pool!

Last edited by Mashik : 03-14-2006 at 06:48 PM.