Swimming - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-30-2005, 05:25 PM   #31
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swimming

ahhh i see

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2005, 05:27 PM   #32
country flag Sandra

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

suz read my blog to see something ian-related that happened to me today
Old 12-30-2005, 05:31 PM   #33
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

lol just read it well in england i would prob have to same jamie oliver

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
Old 12-30-2005, 05:47 PM   #34
country flag Sandra

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

But Ian is more known
Old 12-30-2005, 05:50 PM   #35
country flag Suzi

not in england seeing jamies one of our exports!

Old 12-30-2005, 05:54 PM   #36
country flag Sandra

oh come on maybe jamies is more loved but not more known
Old 12-30-2005, 09:22 PM   #37
country flag Suzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
I dont want ian to drop 400m freestyle
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...E11088,00.html

Thorpe sticks to his 400m 'no show'

A LAST-DITCH bid to convince Olympic champion Ian Thorpe to contest the 400m freestyle at the Commonwealth Games has failed.

Australian head coach Alan Thompson met Thorpe and his coach Tracey Menzies in Sydney yesterday to discuss their plans for the Games.
Despite Thorpe declaring last month he had no intentions of swimming the 400m in Melbourne, Thompson had hoped he might change his mind.

"We just didn't get there," Thompson said yesterday.

"He is not ready to swim it at the trials next month, so I didn't have any success.

"He has made a plan and he's keen to stick to it. It's working all right, so I can't be disappointed.

"I probably wouldn't have even broached it with him if we had Grant Hackett and Nic Sprenger 100 per cent right."

While Hackett was forced to withdraw from the Games to have shoulder surgery last month, Sprenger's health is also a concern.

The 20-year-old Queenslander, a member of Australia's silver-medal winning 4 x 200m freestyle relay team in Athens, has had a mystery virus for three weeks.

He did not compete at last week's Queensland titles and has been on a modified training program.

Sprenger and his coach Michael Bohl hope blood tests will show what is wrong.

"We were a little bit concerned about what's going to happen with him and what the problem is, but they just seem to think it was a virus," Thompson said.

"They've ruled out glandular fever, but they couldn't really pin-point what it was.

"We're keeping an eye on him because he was the guy you turned to when Grant and Ian were out."

However, Thompson said he was encouraged about Craig Stevens' plans for the 1500m freestyle for the Commonwealth Games.

Stevens, also coached by Menzies, was planning to concentrate on the 200m and 400m freestyle, but told Thompson he would consider tackling the 1500m.

Stevens, with a personal-best time of 15:01.64, is Australia's best hope of challenging Britain's David Davies for the 1500m gold in Hackett's absence.

"Craig said he is considering swimming the 1500m," Thompson said.

"He'll more than likely enter the 1500m at the nationals and make a decision that week as to where he goes with that one."

Old 12-30-2005, 09:26 PM   #38
country flag Sandra

Thanks Suz
I am too lazy to read it all he drops it or not?
Old 12-30-2005, 09:30 PM   #39
country flag Suzi

drops it

i thought i post some more news just to keep u guys up to date with the swimming news

http://www.superswimmer.co.za/defaul...ernationalnews

Rogan, Cseh set world records in Italy

Markus Rogan of Austria and Laszlo Cseh of Hungary set world records Thursday on the opening day of the European Short-Course Swimming Championships in Trieste, Italy.
Rogan finished in 1 minute, 50.43 seconds to win the men's 200-meter backstroke. He beat the previous mark of 1:50.52 set by Aaron Peirsol of the United States in Indianapolis in October 2004.

Cseh won the 200-meter individual medley in 1:53.46 seconds, breaking the record of 1:53.93 set by George Bovell of Trinidad in March 2003.

In the 400-meter freestyle, Russia's Yury Prilukov set a European record 3:37.81, improving by nearly two seconds the five-year-old mark set by Italy's Massimiliano Rosolino.

Britain got its first gold medal in the competition from Mark Foster, who won the 50-meter freestyle in 21.27 seconds, 0.2 seconds ahead of France's Frederick Bousquet.

German quartet Thomas Rupprath, Mark Warnecke, Johannes Dietrich and Steffen Deibler won the 200-meter medley relay ahead of Ukraine and Britain.

Katarzyna Baranowska and Aleksandra Urbanczyk finished 1-2 in the women's 200-meter individual medley to give Poland a gold and silver.

Hungary's Beatrix Boulsevicz took the 200-meter butterfly final.

The championships in this north Italian port city continue through Sunday.

Results from Thursday's finals at the European Short-Course (25-meter pool) swimming championships (all distances in meters):

Men

50 freestyle
1. Mark Foster, Britain, 21.27 seconds; 2. Frederick Bousquet, France, 21.47; 3. Johan Henkhuis, Netherlands, 21.51; 4. Steffen Deibler, Germany, 21.56; 5. Mark Veens, Netherlands, 21.57.

200 individual medley
1. Laszlo Cseh, Hungary, 1 minute, 53.46 seconds (world record); 2. Vytautas Janusaitis, Lithuania, 1:55.52; 3. Alessio Boggiatto, Italy, 1:56.11; 4. Sergiy Sergeyev, Ukraine, 1:57.28; 5. Tamas Kerekjarto, Hungary, 1:57.41.

200 backstroke
1. Markus Rogan, Austria, 1:50.43 (world record); 2. Arkady Vyatchanin, Russia, 1:50.77; 3. Gordan Kozulj, Croatia, 1:53.01; 4. Anton Bugayov, Ukraine, 1:53.88; 5. Gregor Tait, Britain, 1:54.58.

400 freestyle
1. Yury Prilukov, Russia, 3:37.81 (European record); 2. Pawel Korzeniowski, Poland, 3:38.20; 3. Paul Biedermann, Germany, 3:39.88; 4. Massimiliano Rosolino, Italy, 3:40.42; 5. Sergiy Fesenko. Ukraine, 3:40.92.

200 medley relay
1. Germany, 1:34.83; 2. Ukraine, 1:34.91; 3. Britain, 1:35.22; 4. Finland, 1:35.29; 5. Sweden, 1:35.42.

Women

50 breaststroke
1. Janne Schaefer, Germany, 30.62 seconds; 2. Beata Kaminska, Poland, 30.71; 3. Elena Bogomazova, Russia, 30.88; 4. Kate Haywood, Britain, 30.93; 5. Simone Weiler, Germany, 31.18.

200 butterfly
1. Beatrix Boulsevicz, Hungary, 2:06.62; 2. Metted Jacobsen, Denmark, 2:07.12; 3. Aurore Mongel, France, 2:07.52; 4. Annika Mehlhorn, Germany, 2:07.65; 5. Francesca Segat, Italy, 2:07.92.

200 individual medley
1. Katarzyna Baranowska, Poland, 2:10.25; 2. Aleksandra Urbanczyk, Poland, 2:11.11; 3. Daria Belyakina, Russia, 2:11.62; 4. Agnes Kovacs, Hungary, 2:12.36; 5. Cylia Vabre, France, 2:12.57.

Old 12-30-2005, 09:32 PM   #40
country flag Sandra

Ok i will paste soem news from ES now
Old 12-30-2005, 09:35 PM   #41
country flag Sandra

World Pool Focus on Beijing

Footballers and tennis players should take a leaf out of the swimmers' book and give themselves a rest. As the swimming calendar becomes increasingly congested, the world's elite swimmers are prioritising their events, and that means just one thing: the Olympic Games.

2005 WORLDS: Michael misses Thorpedo, VDB

Ian Thorpe took a year off after Athens to ensure he would be in top form for the worlds in Melbourne in 2007 and the Beijing Games of 2008.

Pieter Van den Hoogenband and Jana Klochkova also opted out this year for the same reason. Grant Hackett has undergone shoulder surgery and will sacrifice next year's Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, to ensure he can compete in the worlds in the same city a year later and at Beijing 2008.

Since 2001, the world championships are now held every two years; in the years before and after an Olympic Games.

So with swimming being such a punishing sport to train for, something has to give. And for the elite, it was this year's worlds in Montreal. Not that the meet was poor; with nine world records, it was far from it.

It's just that people's minds were elsewhere. Even the great Michael Phelps could 'only' manage five gold and one silver; a magnificent haul by any standards, but one that left the media disappointed.

Grant Hackett, though, finally stepped out from Ian Thorpe's considerable shadow and occupied centre stage, becoming the first person to win four consecutive world championship titles, and is rightly honoured as the world swimmer of the year.

The swimming public wants to see the best line up against the best with everything to play for.

So despite Budapest, the capital of one of the greatest swimming nations, hosting what will be a terrific European championships next year, everyone is patiently waiting for the world championships a year later in Melbourne, the sporting playground of another of the world's great swimming nations.

Fun though that championships will be to watch, history beckons a year later.

Thorpe, Hackett and Van den Hoogenband will all be bidding to become the first man to win gold medals at three consecutive Olympics.

So roll on 2007. The world championships will act as the curtain raiser to the one they all want to win: a historic Olympic Games in the most exciting country in the world, China.

the pics are not interesting therefor they will not be posted
Old 12-30-2005, 09:40 PM   #42
country flag Sandra

MEET IAN THORPE

Thorpe: From belly flop to star of the small scree

Once allergic to chlorine, he’s blossomed into the top superstar of swimming. Eurosportnews Guest of the Week Ian Thorpe tells all from his humble beginnings to his penchant for shocking questions and more seriously, his brush with death on September 11 2003.

At age 20, the Thorpedo has already been the talk of the swimming world for four years, with his sights set firmly on joining Mark Spitz, Vladimir Salnikov and Alexander Popov in the sport"s elite.

While talent is gifted to very few, the Sydney-born swimmer feels there is far more to his success than just natural ability. "It is a combination of what I do in training and what I do to prepare myself mentally&hellip I"ve been given a gift so that"s something I can"t force, it"s something that just happens."

With 22 world records, a trophy cabinet full of medals and prestigious awards, including the 2002 Worlds Most Outstanding Athlete, formally known as the Jesse Owens Awards, spectators would think he"d get blasé about his success, but no! New coach Tracey Menzies has Thorpe training like a man possessed. Ten sessions a week, starting with a 5AM dip in the pool, then boxing and weight sessions.

THORPE: From belly flop to superstar

Performance-enhancing drugs? Thorpe takes an unequivocal stance against doping. "I think the credibility of sport lies in children being able to look up at their [sporting] heroes. I looked up to people and I didn"t want to question whether they were on drugs."

What about his trademark bodysuit?

"I wear it because in the water, it feels different. You don"t feel a wet sensation, you only get a cool sensation of the water going past your body." Thorpe believes that it optimizes performances by 0.001 seconds over 100 metres." The big problem: "it [the wetsuit] is ridiculously tight. I have to shave down because otherwise the hairs actually poke through."

HIGH SOCIETY

His meeting with the ex-President of the United States confirmed Thorpe"s observation. "I was in Washington, I"d been invited there by Chelsea Clinton, who I"d met during the [Sydney] Olympics and the President had come from a meeting he"d had - and one of the first things he wanted to find out was how his nephew had done in a soccer game.

"Once again it reinforces how someone just leads a normal life."

The Queen of England however is very different. The leader of the Commonwealth, whom Thorpe once described as: "Just like a little old lady that lives down the street and makes you cookies."

"It"s difficult when you meet someone of such celebrity, it"s just small talk." Small talk or not Thorpe thanks his lucky stars for his most humbling experience.

BRUSH WITH FATE

On the morning of September 11th, Ian Thorpe happened to be in New York City for some sightseeing. He woke up unusually early and went for a jog downtown, got as far as the World Trade Center, and jogged back to his hotel room in Midtown to pick up his friend and a camera. When they flicked on the television before heading out, they discovered that the first plane had crashed into one of the Twin Towers.

THORPE: September 11 near-miss

"Basically in that time, it happened. I turned on the television and noticed something terrible had happened. At that stage I didn"t know it was a terrorist attack," he said.

"For myself you reassess what"s going on in your life, what"s important and what"s not so important and I took a look at what I"ve achieved and what I"m doing and you know, I was pretty happy with everything."
Old 12-30-2005, 09:41 PM   #43
country flag Suzi

Luo Collapses in Training http://www.swimnews.com/News/displayStory.jhtml?id=4100

Concerns are growing for the health of Luo Xuejuan, China's Olympic champion over 100m breaststroke, who collapsed while weight training on Christmas Eve and prompted Chinese doctors to call for her to be hospitalised for a "thorough check-up".

No such check-up has taken place, The Times understands. It is at least the fourth time in 18 months that Luo has collapsed while training and at the end of races. At the Olympic Games in Athens she completed the breaststroke leg of the 4x100 metres relay before slumping on to the lane rope. She had to be lifted from the pool and escorted away by medical staff. Having won the 100 metres title, she subsequently withdrew from the 200 metres event.

Before the world championships in Montreal this summer, Luo, 21, had to stop training on a number of occasions, saying she felt faint and had problems breathing. She also collapsed after getting out of the pool following a semi-final at the National Games last year. Officials had to carry her to the medical centre where she was revived.

Zhang Yadong, Luo's personal coach and the head coach to China, flew from Hangzhou to Beijing to be with his and China's most successful swimmer when informed of her condition.

He told the Chinese state media: "The team doctor told me there was no big problem with Luo Xuejuan. But I could not be at ease. I was afraid something might happen." However, yesterday Zhang, the Chinese swimming association and Luo played down her condition. As a precaution Luo would simply "withdraw from some competitions" in 2006.

"We think it is just due to a lack of potassium in her diet," Zhang told state media. "But I will be talking to her soon and I will suggest that she cuts back on training and opts out of some of the events she had planned to enter."

However, medical sources inside China and close to Fina, the international governing body for swimming, said that potassium would not account for Luo collapsing. "It does not sound like this condition is caused by a lack of potassium," a Chinese doctor told media in Beijing. "She has collapsed before so she should be admitted to hospital and put through a thorough medical investigation."

Another medical source said: "It is highly unlikely to be dietary. This is a swimmer who undertakes massive amounts of work in water and in the gym, by all accounts. This has happened so many times before that we have to wonder why her doctors have not provided, or been allowed to provide, a plausible explanation.

Zhang, meanwhile, has just brought together 130 swimmers, some 40 coaches, doctors and officials in Beijing to work as the national team that will produce China's Olympic team in 2008. His aim is for China to win "three gold medals and a couple of silver or bronze"

I hope she gets well soon

Old 12-30-2005, 09:44 PM   #44
country flag Sandra

Latest news from Poland scary news
Coming from our reporter Nathaliia M. :
Quote:
the best swimmer from Poland - Otylia Jedrzejczak might go to jail... she was driving too fast, had a serious crash she killed her brother and she was long in the hospital herself.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:49 PM   #45
country flag Suzi

Ive read that somewhere and was like