Swimming - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-13-2006, 06:14 PM   #286
country flag Sandra

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swimming

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #287
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

completly off topic but ...

Thorpey's Support Sought When Chips are Down

11-Jan-2006 Craig Lord

Ian Thorpe has doubtless been asked to back this and support that in his role as aquatic superhero but lending his name to a common spud might be a request too far.

Still, it never hurts to ask - and that is what Federal Agriculture Minister Peter McGauran aims to do in support of the Thorpdale potatoe growers in Victoria who need to boost sales of their brushed potatoes, according to the local Weekly Courier.

The mind boggles as to what kind of imagery would be used in the ad campaign: Thorpey to the rescue in a giant pot of boiling spuds; The Thorpedo roasting his rivals; or perhaps a clip of him mashing the opposition over 400m freestyle in Athens. All in the name of making the Thorpedale a-peel-ing (sorry).

"The idea was suggested by one of the growers and it's a stroke of genius," Mr McGauran said. "I'm happy to take it up with Mr Thorpe, but it's up to the industry to find the dollars."

In case anyone is interested: the growers are battling against cheap supermarket imports and want to strike a deal for direct local supply. All power to them. And Mr Thorpe - will you come to their aid when the chips are down?

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:13 PM   #288
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

sandee will give u a for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #289
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

I like Arkady Vyatchanin
Old 01-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #290
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

puta pci with him illinuera

Quote:

Quote:
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Old 01-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #291
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

FINA SWIMMING WORLD CUP 2005/2006 - Stockholm (SWE) RESULTS

http://www.fina.org/swimming/FINA_SW...ults_final.htm

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
Old 01-19-2006, 06:55 AM   #292
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M
puta pci with him illinuera
Old 01-19-2006, 08:18 AM   #293
country flag Sandra

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi
completly off topic but ...

Thorpey's Support Sought When Chips are Down

11-Jan-2006 Craig Lord

Ian Thorpe has doubtless been asked to back this and support that in his role as aquatic superhero but lending his name to a common spud might be a request too far.

Still, it never hurts to ask - and that is what Federal Agriculture Minister Peter McGauran aims to do in support of the Thorpdale potatoe growers in Victoria who need to boost sales of their brushed potatoes, according to the local Weekly Courier.

The mind boggles as to what kind of imagery would be used in the ad campaign: Thorpey to the rescue in a giant pot of boiling spuds; The Thorpedo roasting his rivals; or perhaps a clip of him mashing the opposition over 400m freestyle in Athens. All in the name of making the Thorpedale a-peel-ing (sorry).

"The idea was suggested by one of the growers and it's a stroke of genius," Mr McGauran said. "I'm happy to take it up with Mr Thorpe, but it's up to the industry to find the dollars."

In case anyone is interested: the growers are battling against cheap supermarket imports and want to strike a deal for direct local supply. All power to them. And Mr Thorpe - will you come to their aid when the chips are down?

Old 01-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #294
country flag Suzi

Berlin welcomes 102 big medal winners

18-Jan-2006 Craig Lord

As Stockholm waves goodbye, Berlin's wonderful Europasportpark on Landsberger Allee says hello to no less than 102 medal winners at Olympic Games, World and European Championships from 37 nations.
Moreover, those 102 people have won some 590 medals in their careers on short and long course over the years, according to the fine work of the PPS-Cosmos agency. That's record keeping for you!

Among Olympic medallists are champions Agnes Kovacs (HUN), Camelia Potec (ROM) and Ai Shibata (JPN), while the likes of Mette Jacobsen (DEN), Martina Moravcova (SVK) and Antje Buschschulte (GER) are among older swimmers still swimming fast on the circuit. Tight, fast and exciting racing is assured at what is the premier event of the world cup series, a meet that serves as a birthing pool for new talent as well as a showcase for the big names warming up for the biggest of championships.

The German Swimming Federation (DSV) is offering a euros 20,000 VW Golf (Rabbit, I believe, to you North Americans out there, though I stand to be corrected) for the best performance of the meet, while total prize money of US$102,000 is on offer.

The German leg of the world cup and it's predecessor, the original world short-course championship, have witnessed 65 European and 74 world records at pools in Bonn, Gelsenkirchen and Berlin, where 16 world and 12 European records have fallen in recent years.

Much will be made of the overall points scoring but the truth is that the world cup as a circuit is past its sell-by date and needs radical reform if it is ever to become an attractive shop window to the wider media and TV networks.

But look not at the pointless points system but at the quality of the racing: if you watch any world cup meets this season, Berlin is the one not to miss.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #295
country flag Suzi

Target Of Oz - World Top Eight
18-Jan-2006 Craig Lord

Australian swimmers who race outside the top eight in the world at trials to select the Commonweath Games squad later this month in Melbourne risk missing selection, Alan Thompson, head coach, has warned.
A combination of rising standards across many events and a cap of 45 swimmers may mean that third berths go unfilled in some events at trials, according to a report by Nicole Jeffery in The Australian.

"They are going to have to be ranked highly in the world to be guaranteed a place in the team," said Thompson. "I think they are going to have to be in the top eight in the world in their event to feel secure. Normally it would be the top 12 or 14 to make the team, but this time you would be at risk there."

The aim, said the coach, should be top two in a world-class time, Thompson advised his troops.

Jeffery notes that Australian coaches are struggling with their preparations because there are just five weeks in between trials and the Games themselves in Melbourne from March 15. Should they rest fully for trials and risk missing selection or rest fully for trials and risk misfiring when it comes to the Games proper?

Most have opted for a full rest for trials. It is an interesting experiment for Australia but there is no better time to do it than before a Commonwealth Games at which the host nation can afford to make a few mistakes in the longer-term interest.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:52 AM   #296
country flag Suzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi
FINA SWIMMING WORLD CUP 2005/2006 - Stockholm (SWE) RESULTS

http://www.fina.org/swimming/FINA_SW...ults_final.htm
FINA SWIMMING WORLD CUP 2005/2006
USA and Japan dominate in Stockholm

Lausanne (SUI), January 19, 2006 – USA and Japan dominated the fourth meet of the 2005/2006 FINA Swimming World Cup, held in Stockholm (SWE, January 17-18), by conquering respectively 14 and 15 medals. The American delegation took advantage in the gold medals (eight), while the Japanese team obtained seven titles. The local swimmers got 13 awards (two gold, four silver and seven bronze) and 19 nations conquered at least one medal.

Individually, Ryk Neethling (RSA) – the winner of the 2004/2005 World Cup and leader of the current edition – obtained three victories in Stockholm, thus totalising 15 wins in the 2005/2006 season. Still amongst men, Peter Marshall (USA) triumphed in the 50m and 100m backstroke, while Hidemasa Sano (JPN) conquered the gold in the 200m and 400m individual medley.

In the women’s field, four swimmers left Stockholm with two victories – Hanae Ito (JPN, 100m and 200m backstroke), Tara Kirk (USA, 50m and 100m breaststroke), Rachel Komisarz (USA, 400m free and 100m butterfly), and Therese Alshammar (SWE, 50m free and 50m butterfly).

Finally, the best performances of the Swedish meet were established by Peter Marshall (USA) – 50m backstroke in 23.66 (1009 points and second position in the men’s overall scoring) -, and by Therese Alshammar (SWE) – 50m butterfly in 25.84 (1019 points and fourth position in the women’s overall classification).

Old 01-19-2006, 11:26 AM   #297
country flag Suzi

Some pics i found of the meet in Sweden if anyones interested!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coman.JPG (67.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Dubosq.JPG (54.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg gibson.JPG (49.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg kirk.JPG (50.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg neethling.JPG (43.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg potec.JPG (57.2 KB, 1 views)

Old 01-19-2006, 11:51 PM   #298
country flag Mara_M

thanks suzi&illinuera

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01-20-2006, 09:57 AM   #299
country flag Suzi

Don't Let The Pomms Spoil the Party - Hackett

19-Jan-2006 Craig Lord

Grant Hackett has urged Craig Stevens, the man who gave up his place in the 400 metres freestyle in Athens to allow Ian Thorpe to retain his Olympic crown, to defend Australian honour in the 1,500 metres freestyle at the Commonwealth Games.
Not since 1954 has Australia lost the Commonwealth title over 1,500 metres but Hackett, winner in 1998 and 2002, Olympic champion and world record holder, will not be in the race after having undergone shoulder surgery late last year.

That leaves Britain's Olympic and world championship bronze medal winner David Davies - for Wales - the clear favourite to dominate the 30-lap race in Melbourne in March. Davies has enjoyed a good winter of quality training with coach Dave Haller in Cardiff and Swansea but says "nothing should be taken for granted".

Davies will leave for six weeks of sunshine training in the lion's den at the end of the month: he will be based on the Gold Coast and will be able to watch the build up of pressure on Australians who could go down as the generation who put an end to one of the biggest runs of successive victories in the sport's history.

Stevens is entered in the 200 and 400m at Australian trials later this month but is undecided about the 1,500 metres. Hackett told the Courier-Mail that Stevens should "go fot it".

"I definitely think he can do it. I have heard he has been doing really well at training and that the 1500m is a big possibility," Hackett said. "I guess it depends if he wants to do it but I certainly think it would be a smart idea. I encourage Craig to get up there and go for it because I think we need the best competitors we can get."

Davies's best, the European record of 14min 45.95sec is about a second faster over every 100 metres than Stevens's best. However, Alan Thompson, head coach to Australia, points to home advantage and says anything is possible in the race.

He's not wrong: Hackett, albeit it with one lung on half an engine, was as close as he's ever come to losing in Athens and Davies, among others, are unlikely to be taking their guide from swimmers who are some way off breaking the 14:50 mark when their eye is forever focussed on the man who is looking to take on 14:30 before his career is done, be that in Beijing 2008 or beyond.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:15 AM   #300
country flag Mara_M

suzi

Quote:

Quote: