the training of roger federer......good or bad??? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute
Default the training of roger federer......good or bad???

yesterday`s nigth I was talking with a friendo who is tennis`s professor , talking about federer and his match against murray.

he saids to me that federer not works good in his training , that federer doesn`t like training , and he belives that if federer would training hard like players like ferrer , nadal or djokovic , he would be capable to still dominating them , and I remember moya saying that roger`s training sessions were and are more shorts that others players.

because that , my friend said that he is not see credits to his losts against nole and murray , because he belives that if federer really training hard , he can dominate them.

the guy is tennis professor , and said that always roger doesn`t like the training and sacrifice , and that it`s one of the pricipals reasons for lost against guys like nadal , murray or nole even pushers like simon too.

that this players demands more sacrifice and federer doesn`t like that.

anyway I don`t agree , roger maybe can training hard , but he will never has the same atlethic condition than nole and nadal , or even murray.
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the training of roger federer......good or bad???

did your friendo train with Federer when he has all that "first hand" info?
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

How would he know how much Roger trains? Sounds like pure guesswork to me.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
How would he know how much Roger trains? Sounds like pure guesswork to me.
well , moya said this few years ago......

and my friend travel and was in masters1000 tournys , he ssaw the practices of many tennis players like nole , murray , federer , nadal and others.

and he saw the same too , that roger worked less time and he not even sweat.....and others like nole or rafa are trainign with s lot of intensity.

because this things , they belives that if federer works much more harder , he maybe would still dominatings them , and for this he not gives many credit to roger.

that in all his career nobody demanded to him working hard like nadal did to superates roger and now that roger needs a really hard work he is full of titles , records and many things and with the knowledge that even without traning hard he is still capable to kepp winning titles , slams , be nş1 and other......

he belives that federer with a training like ferrer or nadal would be a really machine.

not a bad theory no?????
Old 01-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
he belives that federer with a training like ferrer or nadal would be a really machine.

not a bad theory no?????
Hm... though I don't follow Roger religiously, not sure I can remember many matches he lost for fitness problems, except maybe this last one against Murray. When he played the 5-setter against Nole in 2011, he looked pretty fine physically, also he outlasted Del Po at RG 2012 and came back from 2 sets down, again survived him at the Olympics etc. Maybe he doesn't train like Ferrer, but he ain't Ferrer

But yea, now that you said it, I remember one text at tennis dot com (Bodo?) from maybe one or two years ago, where it was noted that Roger kinda half-arsed through his practice session and that it didn't look like it was very adequate, but can't remember anymore which tournament that was nor the outcome
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Roger isn't maybe the fittest player on tour but I think not even long matches are a problem for him, unless he has to play many long matches back-to-back. And even in that case, I think recovering is the problem, not his fitness. Recovering is often problematic for 30+ y.o. athletes.

Roger's playing style isn't is physically the most demanding, he likes to keep the points short. And he isn't the most consistent player in baseline rallies, I doubt if being fitter and grinding would suit him at all.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
country flag juan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Roger isn't maybe the fittest player on tour but I think not even long matches are a problem for him, unless he has to play many long matches back-to-back. And even in that case, I think recovering is the problem, not his fitness. Recovering is often problematic for 30+ y.o. athletes.

Roger's playing style isn't is physically the most demanding, he likes to keep the points short. And he isn't the most consistent player in baseline rallies, I doubt if being fitter and grinding would suit him at all.
he belives that with more aeorbic training , he will be more capable by example for hit his running forehand or be more regular in the big rallys against these 3 players.

anyway , roger was training by paul dorochenko , a guru of the physicall training , mayne the kind of traning of roger it`s more focus in other things , like not suffer injurys and more.

by the way , many genius of the sport are similars , don`t like to work very much , they have confidence in his tecnique or quiality
Old 01-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

I've always had an issue with Roger playing with older players or players way too young.He needs to bring out the ultimate grinders on a slow red clay to train ALL year around and time to get Brad Gilbert;Roger's ground game is utter shit and has for at least 3 years now and he can't s/v unless he's playing on a fast indoor court like Basel or Bercy or London

lose that bloody gut too and bulk up more,serve has been non-existent for months now and it's too inconsistent and a bigger frigging frame PLEASE

ok mini rant over but I meant it

Christie, Perry, Walker, all corrupted politicians. No wonder conservatives project so much on Obama.

Weird. The "partisan witch hunt" against Rick Perry is being led by Republican-appointees.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...complete.html/
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
country flag Nirjhor

Nirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond repute

Like August said, recovering is the problem. There is something called age. Besides, Rafa, Nole and Murray can train hard. They are around 25. But Roger is far from this age.

About things your friend said regarding Ferrer and Nadal's hard training...
Ferrer is one of those rare players who has lesser talent than most of the players but overcomes this problem with hard work. On the other hand, Rafa is one of those players who is dependent on physical ability. Federer is neither types. He plays tactically from the very beginning of his career. But courts being slower these days make it hard for him to play like the way he used to play. He likes to keep the points short. But slower courts are stopping him from doing that. He has to play long rallies which make him tired. But it takes time to recover himself. That's why he's losing some matches. Losing focus is also an old problem of Federer.

One thing had come to my mind yesterday. It is great to see that Federer is still competing against those stronger players who are more than 5 years older than him and he is still beating them. I'm pretty happy with him. In fact, why should I expect him to beat every player in every tournament and win everything? He has done that many times when he was younger. Now I'm just happy to see him play. Maybe I should do or expect nothing but enjoy while he still plays.

80 Titles Including 17 Grandslam, 22 Masters, 6 YEC and Counting.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

The Greatest Player Ever to Play Tennis.
Nirjhor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #10
country flag Serverer
Banned!

Serverer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond repute

Im glad Roger doesnt have magical powers of recovery or never gets tired in 5 sets. He is human
Serverer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #11
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

he is doing that on purpose. to give a chance to others to beat him

you think Ferrer or Nadal with Fed's talent would be fair to other guys? You have to equal chances somehow
Old 01-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #12
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

federer doesn't train hard during tournaments (this much has been reported by many journalists and players, even by rafael nadal at some point) but according to him and others, he trains very hard during the long time offs in dubai and switzerland.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #13
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

I believe this. For anyone that doesn't, all they have to do is look at Roger without his shirt off. He simply doesn't have the body of an athlete, which could explain his poor 5 set record compared to the top4.

'82 - '91: best decade in tennis
Sorry Djokonauts, I am a fan of Federer now. I've learned over the years to appreciate his contribution to the game. No one will ever surpass this man's influence.
Federer ~ The consummate professional. Never retired once in a match. Does not go over the time limit on every point.
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Training With Federer in Dubai
By GEOFF MACDONALD

Franck Robichon/EPA
Roger Federer of Switzerland celebrated his second-round victory over Gilles Simon of France at the Australian Open.
Ever wonder how Roger Federer trains? I spoke with Jeremy Bayon, a Frenchman who played college tennis at Mississippi State and is now the assistant coach of the men’s team at the University of Florida, about his experience watching Federer train in Dubai with Jesse Levine, a young American player Bayon coaches. (In the second round of the Australian Open on Wednesday, Federer survived a five-set match against Gilles Simon of France, 6-2, 6-3, 4-6, 4-6, 6-3.)

Bayon and I talked during last spring’s N.C.A.A. tournament in Athens, Ga. Most coaches love to talk shop, to pick each other’s brains in an attempt to learn, and I was intensely curious to learn more about Federer’s practice routine.

“It was a training camp in the heat of July in Dubai,” Bayon said. “Very hot and only a little breeze. Aside from Jesse, Ricardis Berankis was also invited, and Yves Allegro, a Swiss player and friend of Federer, would sometimes come in the late afternoon for more set play. The practices were very focused, well-organized and simple.”

The players practiced for 12 days, with the Swiss Davis Cup captain Severin Luthi and Federer’s physical trainer, Pierre Paganini, on hand to help with the planning of each practice session.

As Bayon remembers: “Each day we would get picked up at our hotel, usually by Severin, but a few times by Federer and twice by his wife, Mirka, and driven to a hotel with tennis courts. It was extremely hot, so very few tourists were in Dubai. We would see Federer already on the court, running sprints as he finished a hard one hour conditioning session with Paganini. He would then rest for a few minutes while Jesse and Ricardis jogged and stretched. Then he would join them on court and warm up too.”

The players would begin with two-on-one drills, with Federer working alone against the two younger players. Levine, a lefty with a long, flowing topspin forehand, was invited as a stand in for Nadal. He and Berankis would play from the baseline for a while, and then, to increase the intensity and shorten the rest interval between shots, come to the net and volley to Federer.

Bayon was struck by how Federer began the drill in a playful, relaxed way, but then, almost imperceptibly, he would shift into deep concentration.

“One minute he was hitting easily,” Bayon recalled, “and then — boom! — he became the Roger Federer you see in a Grand Slam final. He completely shuts out all distractions, and for 15 straight minutes he was in the zone. He ran for every ball, even out balls.” The threesome would then take a drink break, during which Federer would sometimes ingest an energy gel. They would then resume doing two on one drills, going hard for close to an hour.

The second phase of practice was set play. Federer would play for 60 to 90 minutes, first with Levine, with Berankis. Allegro would sometimes come later, if Federer wanted more set play. “What impressed me the most was that he revealed nothing. I never saw fatigue. After practice, Federer would say,’I am completely exhausted’, but he looked the same.After set play he always hit two small baskets of serves — one to the deuce, and one to the ad — for a total of 100 serves.”

In the evenings, at dinner back at their hotel, Levine and Bayon would marvel at the simplicity of Federer’s approach.

“There weren’t any fancy drills or games, just lots of two-on-ones and set play. Federer played on average five sets a day, this after a conditioning session with Paganini and an hour of drilling,” Bayon said. ”His work ethic just blew us away.”
http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...erer-in-dubai/
Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #15
country flag Houstonko

Houstonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond repute

I read astrology and from rogers date of birth and hour he is very talented in whichever field he choose but he is lazy person, hates to be challenged, likes to trash people, hates to be trash, will be very ungrateful if he is bossed around. Creative geniuses tend to be lazy and use short cut and intellect. I believe he dont train as hard as the other top 3 and despise that kind of tennis.

U see the small and loose racquet he use and shot low across the net. He play the most risky but this is highest form of tennis. Mostly need whole package to click for people to realise the power of it.

Its not easy to return him when he half volley from baseline at highest point of bounce, able to make the ball travel at lowest point across the net, landing way inside service box. He needs prime footwork and power to do it properly.

Last edited by Houstonko : 01-26-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Houstonko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote