Endless Djokovic/Murray debates. Do you like their matches? - Page 67 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you like Murray-Djokovic matches

Yes 40 22.99%
No 82 47.13%
Sometimes- It depends really 52 29.89%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #991
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you like Murray-Djokovic matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Murray was dominating Nole in AO Final until tiredness came in, be thankful for your luck.
More like, if Nole didn't run out of gas in the 5th set at USO, Murray would still be looking for his 1st, and add to that a tired Fed in Olympics final
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #992
country flag fluffyyelloballz

fluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Murray debates. Do you like their matches?

I saw one of their matches live- WTF 2012 RR. Djokovic won in three.
The atmosphere was of course great being as Murray was at home in the UK. Now and then the rallies were tremendous. This match has the added excitement of a third set and Murray coming back only to get beaten 7-5. I enjoyed it, and the Shanghai final, too. But some of their matches are really only exciting because they are two of the top guys and we are aware of the importance behind winning the match rather than the quality of play or the match up itself.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/novak-...s-open-series/
Djokovic and Nadal rivalry enters another chapter as US Open Series begins
fluffyyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #993
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkins.ray11 View Post
I think it comes down to what tennis surfaces they are playing on. Murray, in my opinion, is a stronger player when it comes to serves/volleys. He hits the ball harder, so it makes sense that he can dominate someone like Djokovic on fast tennis surfaces.
Dominate
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #994
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Olympics, US Open ???

Murray was dominating Nole in AO Final until tiredness came in, be thankful for your luck.
Obviously you watch it from your rose-tinted glasses.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #995
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

And to be clear Murray has never dominated Djokovic. Most likely the opposite. Nole is always the one dictating the points and going for the winner while Murray waits for errors and retrieves.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #996
country flag Orangeball

Orangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Olympics, US Open ???

Your threads are as pathetic as your one slam wonder countryman's on court behaviours, just get a real jobs will ya? Spare us the time to read real genuine posts please, I beg you, just leave and never come back, you are so hated on here.... Ok I rest my case now that's off my chest
Orangeball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #997
country flag Dark Knight

Dark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Compare Djokovic and Murray

Hey there guys,

So Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray have played a lot of matches lately against each other and is considered to be the emerging rivalry in tennis.

However i've read a lot of comments stating that their match-up is not really interesting due to their similar style of play.

So do you consider them to be so similar?? What differences are most noticeable in their games??

Also in which areas of the game Djokovic is better and where does Murray have the edge??

Discuss

ROGER FEDERER

STANISLAS WAWRINKA
Dark Knight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #998
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Compare Djokovic and Murray

Djokovic - Supreme self confidence, champion
Murray - Not so much
Old 03-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #999
country flag Offland

Offland has a reputation beyond reputeOffland has a reputation beyond reputeOffland has a reputation beyond reputeOffland has a reputation beyond reputeOffland has a reputation beyond reputeOffland has a reputation beyond reputeOffland has a reputation beyond reputeOffland has a reputation beyond reputeOffland has a reputation beyond reputeOffland has a reputation beyond reputeOffland has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest , this type of threads just spread hate and induce hostility amongst their fans ...Some of them just wait to write something insultive on every occassion they can grasp.
Offland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #1000
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic: Good for tennis
Murray: Bad for tennis

Hope that helps.

But in all seriousness, they are considered to have similar games because they have excellent defense and rely heavily on it when tight or extremely nervous. Murray tends to do this more often, and when they play, Djokovic does it, too.
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #1001
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I see them as different and like their match-up when they play well and on a surface which is quick enough or with the springy qualities of natural surfaces (clay and grass). The AO surface is too slow for their match-up imo.

Imo :

- Djokovic has a better footwork/balance and a better forehand technique, he also uses more spin, which allows him to be more consistent in rallies at his best ;

- Murray has a better slice/volley/hand, more variety, and a quicker first serve but less first serve percentage (which makes that overall their first serve has a similar efficiency).

Physically they're very different : Murray's body is taller and stiffer, his flexibility is almost purely in his hand, Djokovic has an incredibly flexible body but has less flexibility in his hand even though he has a goot touch.

Mentally Djokovic has a better focus and especially calmer than Murray on the long term. Also he's more "flexible" than Murray : can accept and adapt more easily to different situations, especially accept when he hasn't played well.

Last edited by duong : 03-21-2013 at 06:07 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #1002
country flag Dark Knight

Dark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offland View Post
To be honest , this type of threads just spread hate and induce hostility amongst their fans ...Some of them just wait to write something insultive on every occassion they can grasp.
I'm sorry about that man...i'm a tennis fan with NO hatred what so ever for any player...i would request posters to not post comments like Djokovic rocks and Murray sucks etc....i just wish they state an honest analysis of their games according to them

ROGER FEDERER

STANISLAS WAWRINKA
Old 03-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #1003
country flag Ivelina_P

Ivelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic has better tan and hair
Murray has better ass and legs

that helps thread too

Washington = unofficial 5th Slam
http://ivelinacp.tumblr.com/image/55430905367
Mark Lenders = Gospel of Objective Unbiased Analysis
Topspindoctor = Pillar of MTF
Abel = GOAT
Ivelina_P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #1004
country flag Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Personally I see them as different and like their match-up when they play well and on a surface which is quick enough (the AO surface is too slow) or with the springy qualities of natural surfaces (clay and grass).

Imo :

- Djokovic has a better footwork/balance and a better forehand technique.

- Murray has a better slice/volley/hand, more variety, and a better first serve.
Yes these are the type of posts i look forward to...thanx man

ROGER FEDERER

STANISLAS WAWRINKA
Old 03-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #1005
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

they play VERY similarly but naturally have different body types, move differently, slight advantages/disadvantages

possibly NOvak moves better/more flexible, Murray with more power and better serve

they are boring to watch together though, too 'Pong' like and void of emotion
of course until Djokovic wins the match and inevitably rips some clothes off like a tool or Murray starts cursing and whining when he goes down 0-15 in a game like it's the end of the world

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote