Endless Djokovic/Murray debates. Do you like their matches? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you like Murray-Djokovic matches

Yes 40 22.99%
No 82 47.13%
Sometimes- It depends really 52 29.89%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #16
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray vs Djokovic: Who will have the best carrer?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...urray+Djokovic
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #17
country flag angry1

angry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by q.j. View Post
For starters, who's h2h against top 2 is better?
keep in mind the number of encounters
(i'm guessing maybe nalby, but i'm not too good with these statistics)

In terms of win% I think Murray's is slightly better.
But my poor phrasing has led you astray, I meant his record against people ranked 3-10(obviously at the time he played them) wasn't good not his record against "FEDAL".
angry1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #18
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
i will let clydey answer this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Djokovic.
Clydey you surprised all of us by picking Djokovic. Really I mean, here we were thinking you would definitely pick Murray and what a way to prove us wrong by not picking him. Awesome is the word for you
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #19
country flag HattonWBA

HattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Murray but Nole will have a better career, i believe both will have excellent careers however Djokovic is more consistant in the big events and despite how long it has been without him winning a major title or any title for that matter i still expect him to have a great 2009, however Murray has improved lots over the last 4 months and hopefully he can win a slam next year or if not then the year after. Nole will have a better career in my opinion purely because i expect Murray to have more dips throughout a year especially in the clay season, although it will be interesting to see how he fares.
HattonWBA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #20
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Clydey you surprised all of us by picking Djokovic. Really I mean, here we were thinking you would definitely pick Murray and what a way to prove us wrong by not picking him. Awesome is the word for you
I always try to keep you guessing

I have a feeling Murray's bothersome knee might let him down in a few years. It depends on whether Djokovic gets his act together again, too. In all honesty, I think Murray may turn out to be a better player than Nole in terms of pure ability. However, Djokovic will likely have more consistent results, particularly on clay.

I don't really want to commit to one answer, as Murray has yet to show he can be consistent throughout the year. My opinion may change after how they each perform in 2009. Right now, though, Djokovic has a distinct advantage because he is excellent on clay and already has a bunch of big titles in the bag.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #21
country flag q.j.

q.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry1 View Post
In terms of win% I think Murray's is slightly better.
But my poor phrasing has led you astray, I meant his record against people ranked 3-10(obviously at the time he played them) wasn't good not his record against "FEDAL".
yes, now i took a look at their h2h and yes Murray is not slightly but quite better, against fedal, however if anyone starts to analyze how many encounters Novak has had with Fedal, about 2.5x more than Murray, and the number of times both of them played nadal or even fed on clay, numbers, i think would start to look not so convincing

and yes i misunderstood you, i thought you were referring to no.1 and 2

and to be honest i never had that kind of impression, that he was not
so good against top 3-10
he's 0-1 against donkey that the DC retirement
he's 3-3 against David, (3-2 prior from 2007)
he's 2-1 agaist the duck
Blake he only meet once ! 1-0
he's 2-1 against nalby
2-1 against gasquet (all in 2007 or prior when Richie was top10)
0-1 against Simon
1-2 against Tsonga
1-2 against Gonzo

and the best for the last
4-2 against Murray
but lately it looks like his little baby pigeon got away

all in all it's not so bad

but we both can agree that his wins over top 10 are on a much important stages and in bigger events than his losses.

but all this is not quite convincing either, and that what it's all about with djokovic, consistency is something he is yet to achieve, or not.
But if the first occurs, he will have a clearly better carrier than Murray, for now it's just my hunch-how can it be anything more than that, when we are at the very start of their rivalry.
Huh? Murray reached his first slam final at the 12th attempt. Federer took 18 attempts. So what if Murray only has 1 slam final? He got there quicker than Roger. He didn't have the good fortune to play a Mark Phillipousis in his first GS final, though.
q.j. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #22
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis career: Muzza hands down.
Circus career: Djoker & His Monster Family Ensemble.

Seriously, Djoker isn't a factor anymore, nobody remembers him.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #23
BIGMARAT

BIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond repute

1 GS to 0
4 MS to 2
Same Age.

By any means, the universe and mathematics will tell you who.

Now the question should be, "Who do you want to have a better career.
BIGMARAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #24
country flag angry1

angry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond reputeangry1 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=q.j.;7812480]
and yes i misunderstood you, i thought you were referring to no.1 and 2

and to be honest i never had that kind of impression, that he was not
so good against top 3-10

According to the ATP
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008news/sharkbites7.asp Murray is 18-19* and Djokovic 16-29 against top 10 players(at the time of the match) take out their 4-7 and 6-17 record against Fedal and you get 14-12 and 10-12 respectively given Djokovic's far greater achievements you would have thought he would be better than murray not the reverse.

* played Federer and Nalbandian 1-1 since.
angry1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #25
country flag Levin

Levin has a reputation beyond reputeLevin has a reputation beyond reputeLevin has a reputation beyond reputeLevin has a reputation beyond reputeLevin has a reputation beyond reputeLevin has a reputation beyond reputeLevin has a reputation beyond reputeLevin has a reputation beyond reputeLevin has a reputation beyond reputeLevin has a reputation beyond reputeLevin has a reputation beyond repute

murray
Levin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #26
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMARAT View Post
1 GS to 0
4 MS to 2
Same Age.

By any means, the universe and mathematics will tell you who.
sounds like the Gasquet fans when they were laughing in 2007
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #27
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

Murray seems to want it more ATM but it's still too soon to write off Djokovic, sadly .
elessar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #28
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie Murray and Marco Djokovic? They are both mugs.

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #29
country flag Exclusive
Banned!

Exclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond repute

Murray has a talent. Djokovic had a luck at the AO to play MonoFed, not the usual Fed.
Murray will be a multiple GS winner. Djokovic will be barely remembered as a One Slam Wonder, coz he has no game to beat Fed or Murray on HC, he has no game for grass & clay to beat Federer or Nadal. On the other hand Murray has the game to beat Fed in a couple of years when the Legend becomes older. Also his all-around smart tennis with the huge serv is quite suitable for the green clay court of Wimbledon.

So, in a couple of years anyone may bump this thread to laugh about the fact this question even been raised.
Exclusive is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #30
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusive View Post
Murray has a talent. Djokovic had a luck at the AO to play MonoFed, not the usual Fed.
Murray will be a multiple GS winner. Djokovic will be barely remembered as a One Slam Wonder, coz he has no game to beat Fed or Murray on HC, he has no game for grass & clay to beat Federer or Nadal. On the other hand Murray has the game to beat Fed in a couple of years when the Legend becomes older. Also his all-around smart tennis with the huge serv is quite suitable for the green clay court of Wimbledon.

So, in a couple of years anyone may bump this thread to laugh about the fact this question even been raised.
u make it sound like he's the best thing after oscar hernandez.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote