The 'no let-rule' trial at Challengers is (Won't continue on after next week) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #61
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heilbronn Challenger 2013 - 'no let-rule'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #62
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
Old 02-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #63
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

@Stako_tennis
Its my duty to fill in this form!!))

Old 02-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #64
country flag latso

It impacted the match less than anticipated, it had one unplayable ball, but it did affect the result of the match?

That's why i'm very, very conservative when players start protesting about anything...
Quote:
no shit..

Quote:
NID
Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #65
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Also, as you can see, it is more likely that the server is at an advantage here, rather than the returner.
Stakh is right on the ball, just as I was. Although, I'm not that radical against the rule as he seems to be.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #66
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that they are trying this rule to see if it gives more of a chance to the returner, but it's not working out that way at all, it's giving even more of an advantage to the server, and because of that it should not become a proper rule.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #67
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
I think that they are trying this rule to see if it gives more of a chance to the returner, but it's not working out that way at all, it's giving even more of an advantage to the server, and because of that it should not become a proper rule.
If they (don't) call 3 lets per match, one of them being unplayable - it doesn't change anything about the server's advantage.

Like 0.1% difference. He can hit 3 lines today in a match and tomorrow they'd be just 2mm out - it would affect the server's game more.
Quote:
no shit..

Quote:
NID
Old 02-28-2013, 06:24 AM   #68
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
If they (don't) call 3 lets per match, one of them being unplayable - it doesn't change anything about the server's advantage.

Like 0.1% difference. He can hit 3 lines today in a match and tomorrow they'd be just 2mm out - it would affect the server's game more.
Well the proof says otherwise, did you even read that Stakhovsky says that it gives more of an advantage to the server.

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #69
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well the proof says otherwise, did you even read that Stakhovsky says that it gives more of an advantage to the server.
That's hardly proof. It's only one player's opinion. This needs to be put through all the opinions to create a statistical impression of the rule.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #70
country flag J99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
That's hardly proof. It's only one player's opinion. This needs to be put through all the opinions to create a statistical impression of the rule.
That's not what you said before.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #71
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
That's not what you said before.
That's an observational statistic that was NOT created by players. Players will know first hand which is the truth behind the true advantage. Their feedback is more valuable than a few numbers added by someone following tennis on-screen.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #72
country flag Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond repute

This rule adds an element of luck to a sport that should be about skill.

That is never a good thing.

Also, obviously this would help the server much more. At least it has THIS year.

As someone who wagers on tennis everyday and has watched countless matches of challengers this year via stream - this rule has helped the server way more. opinion. Alot of players don't react in time to let's. Their instincts are delayed, as they have been conditioned not to play this way.

Obviously over time that will change, but this rule has helped server's much much more, and that is apparent by just watching challenger matches daily.

Last edited by Say Hey Kid : 02-28-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Say Hey Kid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #73
country flag Timot

Timot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond repute

Let-rule is one of the few advantages for offensive game in contemporary tennis, since the netcord usually helps the receiver, so they shouldn't cancel it. If they do we'll probably see even more grinding than today.
Timot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #74
country flag DarkMarc

DarkMarc has a reputation beyond reputeDarkMarc has a reputation beyond reputeDarkMarc has a reputation beyond reputeDarkMarc has a reputation beyond reputeDarkMarc has a reputation beyond reputeDarkMarc has a reputation beyond reputeDarkMarc has a reputation beyond reputeDarkMarc has a reputation beyond reputeDarkMarc has a reputation beyond reputeDarkMarc has a reputation beyond reputeDarkMarc has a reputation beyond repute

What a stupid stupid idea. I cant see any proper tennis player liking this
DarkMarc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #75
country flag J99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timot View Post
Let-rule is one of the few advantages for offensive game in contemporary tennis, since the netcord usually helps the receiver, so they shouldn't cancel it. If they do we'll probably see even more grinding than today.
It's actually helping the server instead it seems.