Who on here doesn't hate one of the top four? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #46
country flag a_boy

a_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who on here doesn't hate one of the top four?

Fed fan here. There are some things about Nadal and Djokovic's on court behaviour that I "hate", like the extremely aggressive, macho celebrations. But I've never hated the people. The closest I've come to that is an irrational dislike of Nadal as a person, despite knowing deep down that he's not that bad.

The truth is, all four top guys seem like pretty decent people. You can never know for sure, and I include Fed in that. Who knows what any of them are really like, but why assume the worst when all you know is they appear to be OK?

Nadal comes across as a shy, sweet guy off the court. It makes me feel pretty bad about the times that I've not been able to stand the sight of him, lol.

Djokovic has this extreme confidence and extrovertedness, which means I wouldn't really want to hang out with him. But that's because I'm an introvert. He has this strong desire to please people, which makes him a nice guy in my book. Wish he wouldn't do that chest beating and screaming, but some people see sport differently.

Murray... I think he's an introvert like me. Which makes it pretty ironic that I find it harder to see things that I can like about him. I think it's impossible to guess what he might be like around his friends, because he's not going to let the public see that side of him. Maybe I'd really like the guy? He just doesn't give much info on who he really is, so naturally people come up with their own ideas. I don't enjoy his brand of tennis much, and he gives a negative vibe on court, like he's always angry. That influences my view of him unfairly.
a_boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #47
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a fair bit of... well, the nice way to put it would be 'cultural stereotyping' in the dislike of Djokovic and Nadal. With regards to Nadal, a lot of Anglo people are somewhat prejudiced against Latins - seeing them as shifty and untrustworthy people. With regards to Djokovic - well let's just say that the Yugoslav Wars are still recent enough for a lot of people (especially Europeans) to find an aggressive Serb a little discomforting.

Aside from the fact he plays such beautiful tennis, I think the bland, aristocratic and polite image that the Roger 'Neutral Swiss' Federer puts across is very appealing to a lot of people.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #48
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Found someone.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/member.php?u=61313

Check his sig. This man has the right idea about love and unity between fanbases
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #49
country flag green25814

green25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't hate any of them. I guess I used to dislike Nadal's game, but I appreciate him more than I used to.

I couldn't give a shit about their various personalities, they are all probably boring individuals like most professional sportsmen. I care about the tennis

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #50
country flag hahayoyo

hahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond reputehahayoyo has a reputation beyond repute

if you dont hate Nadal....you are not a federer fan....as simple as that....

I am a huge Nadal Fan...also a huge Murray Fan. Djokovic is all right. Dont mind watching federer play...especially big matches against Rafa.
hahayoyo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #51
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

I don't hate anyone, I dislike Djokovic', Nadal's and Murray's game and some other of their traits (Nadal most of all).
Old 01-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #52
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Found someone.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/member.php?u=61313

Check his sig. This man has the right idea about love and unity between fanbases
Disgusting gloryhunter.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #53
country flag a_boy

a_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's strange how for some you have to be able to identify with a player to support them. I'm like that myself. I can identify with Federer's personality, particularly the perfectionism...

Btw, not sure that you can take all the "hate" on this forum seriously. There's a culture on this forum which is... not normal lol. People love to take the piss here, and post "in character" I've said some stuff about Murray before, and was surprised to see some people thought I actually hated him for being Scottish. I thought it was sufficiently vile and offensive to be obviously a joke, lol, but I guess there's a fine line there (see Frankie Boyle.) So I'm more careful with my joking around, because I don't want to offend my Pictish cousins. I wouldn't want to find a mob of naked blue people outside my house, the next time I come home.

Last edited by a_boy : 01-25-2013 at 01:53 PM.
a_boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #54
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Like Djokovic as a player and respect how he surpassed two of the best players tennis has ever seen to become #1. Am rather indifferent about Federer, but root for him often due to his amazing talent level and overall accomplishments. Dislike Nadal's pushing game (when he does it), but I certainly respect his mental/fighting/griding ability which is better than anything the sport has ever seen. Dislike Murray's pushing game (when he does it, which isn't so often in big matches anymore) and choking ways, but I respect how he's changed himself as a player over the last year and his newfound confidence.

So yeah, don't hate any of them. In fact, I prefer that they win the big titles over other players (except Milos, of course).
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #55
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_boy View Post
Yeah, it's strange how for some you have to be able to identify with a player to support them. I'm like that myself. I can identify with Federer's personality, particularly the perfectionism...

Btw, not sure that you can take all the "hate" on this forum seriously. There's a culture on this forum which is... not normal lol. People love to take the piss here, and post "in character" I've said some stuff about Murray before, and was surprised to see some people thought I actually hated him for being Scottish. I thought it was sufficiently vile and offensive to be obviously a joke, lol, but I guess there's a fine line there (see Frankie Boyle.) So I'm more careful with my joking around, because I don't want to offend my Pictish cousins. I wouldn't want to find a mob of naked blue people outside my house, the next time I come home.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PoesLaw
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #56
country flag ogbg

ogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond repute

I like them all
ogbg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #57
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Its funny how so many here continue to mention Fed-Nadal-Murray-Nole in one stretch and have conveniently forgotten to include Ferrer in this 'top 4' discussion.

“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #58
country flag dazed1

dazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hate? more like dislike..

Nadal & Murray.

Like? Nole and Federer.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #59
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

I don't hate any of them. But I don't like all of them either. Does that count?
Old 01-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #60
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

I don't hate any ATP player they all deserve respect