Is Ferrer the most undeserving top 5 player ever? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #31
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Ferrer the most undeserving top 5 player ever?

Ljubicic is one of the most undeserving top 5 players of all time. Actually he might be #1 in that regard. Robredo had quite a few slam quarter-finals to his name so he is nowhere near being the most undeserving.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 6 semi-finals, 5 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 13 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $30,651,672 (6th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 435-135...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #32
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

If you beat everyone else, but lose to the top 4, then why do you not deserve to be ranked fifth?

As far as I am concerned, if you beat everyone below you, then you deserve your ranking.
Singularity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #33
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have a link for today's Game, Set and Mats.

I, as many here, don't particularly like Wilander's style but he had some harsh words for Ferrer in today's show.
He said Ferrer was content in making the semis and that he basically bowed down to Djokovic. He also said that Ferrer is an undeserving #4/#5 and that guys like Berdych, Tsonga and Del Potro should make a move and take him out of the top 5 as they should be there and not Ferrer.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #34
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Ljubicic is one of the most undeserving top 5 players of all time. Actually he might be #1 in that regard. Robredo had quite a few slam quarter-finals to his name so he is nowhere near being the most undeserving.
Ljubicic had wins over Federer, Djokovic, Murray, a TMS beating Nadal and Roddick, and a GS semi final which is better than Boredo's cheat-assisted TMS and his bend over jobs in quarter finals. He also defeated Agassi, Roddick, Nalbandian and Davydenko over best of 5 in the same Davis Cup campaign.

Boredo doesn't touch Legenda.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #35
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

How long has he been a top 5?... Yes, a very long time. So the answer is obviously NO.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #36
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post

I, as many here, don't particularly like Wilander's style but he had some harsh words for Ferrer in today's show.
He said Ferrer was content in making the semis and that he basically bowed down to Djokovic. He also said that Ferrer is an undeserving #4/#5 and that guys like Berdych, Tsonga and Del Potro should make a move and take him out of the top 5 as they should be there and not Ferrer.
Smart chap this Wilander. I'm most interested in that link if anyone has got it too.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #37
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of players have wins over Federer, Djokovic and Murray...what makes Ljubo so special? Ljubicic was awful in slams, wasn't that good overall and only got so high in the rankings because....I'm not even sure how he got that high. Ljubicic is the worst top 5 player of all time or close to it at least. Robredo is underrated and hated way too much. Yes, he's not one of the best top 5 players ever but he's got good results in slams and overall.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 6 semi-finals, 5 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 13 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $30,651,672 (6th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 435-135...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #38
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If that's what he said, I agree with Wilanders word for word. Neither of these players would end up with a lopsided scoreline. Even Berdych Managed 11 games over four sets for cryin out loud, and he's mentally fragile.

THE NOSE WILL PREVAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
FEDERER GASQUET NALBANDIANGOFFIN
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #39
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He spoke a lot of sense today.

During the match also said that if tennis rankings were based on fulfilling your potential Ferrer would be right up there, perhaps even above Federer, but it's not. Also spoke about how although he's #5 he's the furthest away from the very top guys than the guys ranked just below him.

First time I've actually loved listening to him commentating.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #40
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
A lot of players have wins over Federer, Djokovic and Murray...what makes Ljubo so special? Ljubicic was awful in slams, wasn't that good overall and only got so high in the rankings because....I'm not even sure how he got that high. Ljubicic is the worst top 5 player of all time or close to it at least. Robredo is underrated and hated way too much. Yes, he's not one of the best top 5 players ever but he's got good results in slams and overall.
Boredo's record: AO QF, RG QF, Wimbledon 3R, USO 4R
Ljubo's record: AO QF, RG SF, Wimbledon 3R, USO 3R

Boredo's TMS record: 1 win 0 finals
Ljubo's TMS record: 1 win 3 finals

Boredo highest ranking: 5
Ljubo highest ranking: 3

H2H- Ljubo leads 5-1

Ljubo vs top 4:

Djokovic: 2-7
Federer: 3-13
Murray: 3-4
Nadal: 2-7

Boredo vs top 4:

Djokovic: 1-5
Federer: 0-10
Murray: 2-2
Nadal: 0-6

YEC: Ljubo 2 apps, Boredo 1 app

Stats don't lie.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #41

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Boredo's record: AO QF, RG QF, Wimbledon 3R, USO 4R
Ljubo's record: AO QF, RG SF, Wimbledon 3R, USO 3R

Boredo's TMS record: 1 win 0 finals
Ljubo's TMS record: 1 win 3 finals

Boredo highest ranking: 5
Ljubo highest ranking: 3

H2H- Ljubo leads 5-1

Ljubo vs top 4:

Djokovic: 2-7
Federer: 3-13
Murray: 3-4
Nadal: 2-7

Boredo vs top 4:

Djokovic: 1-5
Federer: 0-10
Murray: 2-2
Nadal: 0-6

Stats don't lie.
To be fair, those stats aren't very relevant because when those guys peaked Djokovic and Murray weren't in the top 4, if anything you should compare H2H against the best players of their era (so Safin, Roddick, Hewitt, etc...). Still, Ljubicic clearly >>>>>>>> clowns like Boredo and Ferrer.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #42
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

The concept in the thread title doesn't exist. If it did the answer would be Boredo.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal!
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #43
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer in 2 View Post
Disappointed to hear such disgusting bullshit from a Federer fan, like doung said. Didn't expect this.
Not a Ferrer or Federer fan, Did expect this and have never been disappointed by the bull on GM.

Ferrer made another Semi and again outperformed Del Potro and his basher crew. Still beating everyone below him in the rankings and expectedly losing to those above. Pretty much sums up what is required to be a top 5 player methinks.

Tl;dr: Robredo
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Not a Ferrer or Federer fan, Did expect this and have never been disappointed by the bull on GM.

Ferrer made another Semi and again outperformed Del Potro and his basher crew. Still beating everyone below him in the rankings and expectedly losing to those above. Pretty much sums up what is required to be a top 5 player methinks.

Tl;dr: Robredo
He didn't outperform Tsonga and Berdych Those two just faced one of the top 2 earlier and they put a much better fight than Ferrer, each of them won more games in a set than Ferrer in the entire match.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #45
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

Blake, Legenda, Boredo are worse and that's just the past five years.