The "Federer will drop out of the Top 4" thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #31
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Federer will drop out of the Top 4" thread

Not anytime soon. If Ferrer can be in the top 4 that says it all.
Roy Emerson is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #32
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Who exactly is going to push him put of the top 4?

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #33
country flag piksi

piksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond repute

Federer is yet to start declining. He has better chances of being #1 than being lower than #3
piksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #34
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by piksi View Post
Federer is yet to start declining. He has better chances of being #1 than being lower than #3
huh?

in 2004-2008 he was #1, he is now #2. Of course he has declined.

He has declined but he has yet to fall.

But Federer will fall.

Mark my word.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #35
country flag piksi

piksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond reputepiksi has a reputation beyond repute

His competition is stronger now then it was at that time. If he declined he would not be able to win this much. I have seen improvements to his game. I have not seen things that are worse.
piksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #36
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
His competition is stronger now then it was at that time. If he declined he would not be able to win this much. I have seen improvements to his game. I have not seen things that are worse.

So, in 2019 when Djoker, Nadal and Murray get bageled by Tomic etc, we will also say they do not decline, it's just that the competition in Tomic etc are stronger.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #37
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not necessarily. Players can choose to retire before dropping in the rankings. Roddick did that more or less. I have a feeling Federer, while active, will never go out of the top 10 again.
Dunno. Depends on quite a few things. I certainly can't see him retiring not while he's still chasing Connor's longterm records for weeks in the top5 and weeks in the top10, if he hasn't already fallen out of the top 10. That's a long way away.

Sampras retired, when ranked 14th in the world.

Borg's still the only one who retired in the top 10. Borg was ranked number 1 midway through 1981, and by March of 1982, (when he played his final tournament) had fallen to 4, behind Connors, McEnroe, and Lendl. He had never fallen out of the top 5 and retired still there. So, Borg's the only one comparable.

Interestingly enough - this is the only time Nadal's career path has deviated from Borg's in falling out of the top 4.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.

Last edited by JediFed : 01-24-2013 at 08:54 PM.
JediFed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #38
country flag TennisPhan1

TennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond repute

u guys are funny. you think federer is all of a sudden going to forget his skills and start losing to players that he always beats? he still trains hard and has a lot of motivation. you saw what he did to tomic and raonic. played bad against tsonga and stll won.

Only guys who have shown that they have a chance at beating federer nowadays are murray/djoko/del po/berdych and i don't see them doing this more often than not.

he is getting older yes. he is less consistent yes, but don't forget who federer is... he beat djoko 2.0 when nobody else could. how can u possibly write him off???
Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #39
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then you don't see very well I'm afraid.

Areas where Fed has declined: Sharpness of movement (especially visible in his loss of his vintage inside-out forehand, and in his defense to offense transition), block return, passing shots, running forehand, rally forehand (weaker than it was), motivation.

Areas where Fed has improved: Experience, tactics (slightly).

Also, Fed's competition in his prime was actually pretty darn good. His rivals were not as consistent perhaps, but there was easily better depth back then than now (exhibit A: Old Ferrer chilling around at number 4, lol).

There are two main reasons as to why Roger is still #2:
1) The current era doesn't have much depth as mentioned.
2) He is an exceptional talent and can still produce great tennis.

There is however no doubt that he has declined.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #40
country flag tjohansson

tjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond repute

Federer has made 35 consecutive Quarter-Final appearances at the big dances. So if law of rank comes into play that is 35 times in a row he's been Top 8 at least. He's a 17 time grand slam singles champion also.

I think he will almost definitely retire inside the Top 10 but that won't be until at least 2015. If he plays that long.

Tier 1 Support:
Tommy HAAS, Roger FEDERER

Tier 2 Support
Juan Carlos FERRERO, Lukas ROSOL, Tomas BERDYCH

Tier 3 Support
Radek STEPANEK, Andy RODDICK, Andy MURRAY, Lleyton HEWITT, Bernard TOMIC

Tier 4 Support
Sweden & Australian Davis Cup Team & Players representing my two nations

SWEDISH BORN, AUSTRALIAN BRED <3
tjohansson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #41
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

I still can not believe Djokovic was able to beat Nadal 7 times in row and he could not do anything .
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #42
country flag pierricbross

pierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck having that happen this year. A SF (minimum) to start the year is not a good indicator for those who think his ranking will go below 4.

Even if he has his worst year since 2002, not winning a title and losing in the QF at the remaining 3 slams, he will still be ranked #8 provided he makes a couple masters semi's and quarters...
pierricbross is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #43
country flag Dr. Frankenfed

Dr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Then you don't see very well I'm afraid.
[...]especially visible in his loss of his vintage inside-out forehand [...]
Oh man, I miss that shot so much.
Dr. Frankenfed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #44
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

Who's gonna replace him in the top 4? Ferrer? Berdshit? Del Potro? Clownga?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #45
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone says that era is stronger BS absolutely BS . Who is stronger ? Ferrer,Del Potro who failed to a player Chardy who has just one ATP title 250, Berdych reserves his energy just for Federer,Tipsarevic, Tsonga Yes very good player but just shows up once a year again just for Federer who else is there ? No one!! Davydenko was beast when he was number four and won MS,WTF
Roddick was great player,Nalbandian could give you quite a fight. Now i can not see anyone to give a fight to Novak only Murray,Federer and Nadal on clay if he has a knees. This SF at AO b/w Novak and Ferrer show how poor the level of tennis is below nuber three, It was painful to watch it, Definitely this match is not in favour for the game at all,
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote