Let us salute Novak! - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #61
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let us salute Novak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
King Novak the great. Will take his throne as the best (open era) Aussie Open player ever, this Sunday.
Fixed and it's debatable.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #62
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Trivia question

Who stopped Nole from reaching 10 GS finals in a row ?

( little help, the same man who's record would have Nole broken if he succeeded to do it )
Old 01-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #63
country flag chenx15

chenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Fed fan. but even i appreciate the power balacne djokovic brought back to the game. quite phenomenal to be honest. To be honest there came a point when i thought he was going to be a one slam wonder. i even remember posting something about that then boom! respect
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #64
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Fixed and it's debatable.
He'll be the first player to win it 3 times in a row if he wins, won't he?
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #65
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Trivia question

Who stopped Nole from reaching 10 GS finals in a row ?

( little help, the same man who's record would have Nole broken if he succeeded to do it )
Federer at Wimbledon last year.

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

Old 01-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #66
country flag MinioNole

MinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He'll be the first player to win it 3 times in a row if he wins, won't he?
3rd player. Emerson and Crawford have done it. But he'll be the first in the Open era.
MinioNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #67
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic is an excellent player with incredible skills, technique and ability. Is one of the most complete players I've ever seen and his consistency and strongness are huge weapons that, maybe, can make him (in the future) one of the best tennis players of the Open Era (if he keeps this level). He has the best backhand on the circuit, and a forehand that can be very dangerous when it's working (like in 2011, wich was one of his most importants improvements). In addition, he is almost always fit, it is always difficult to see him exhausted and he hasn't got serious problems with injuries.

He has become the number one of the world being a "third player" (apart from Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer) that has broken one of the greatests rivalry ever (Fedal) to be the king of tennis. He is not as good as Rafa in defence. He is not as good as Roger in attack. He is not as good as Rafa in clay. He is not as good as Roger in grass. However, he is a more complete player than Rafa and Roger, and he is better than both in hard courts (the most important surface on ATP tour today). For this reason I like to say that Djokovic legend has borned between Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer legend: this player represents the middle point between Nadal and Federer, with two styles of play that have nothing in common (and with two type of favourite courts that have nothing in common too).

For being honest I really like Novak Djokovic (I've to say that on the court, when he is playing, his attitude can be better). My favourite player is Nadal, but I don't see any contradiction in appreciating Djokovic too. I'm not a hooligan, and I don't hate any player in particular. We have a strong generation of players that we have to enjoy. They are too good
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
VamosRafaNadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #68
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinioNole View Post
3rd player. Emerson and Crawford have done it.
Sorry forgot to say in the open era.

argument.
Quote:

Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #69
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer at Wimbledon last year.
Impressive

But still not complete answer
Old 01-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #70
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Impressive

But still not complete answer
And in RG 2011.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #71
country flag samanosuke

First part of puzzle successfully solved

Next one coming

Who is the most hated tennis player in Serbia ?
Old 01-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #72
Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond repute

umm, no thanks.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #73
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

Quote:
Sorry forgot to say in the open era.
You'll have a player with 4 titles and 5/6 finals depending on whether Roger makes the final (2 streaks of 2) vs a player with 4 titles and finals (streak of 3 plus 1).

I don't think just because Djokovic will have 3 consecutive titles he'll have better stats than Roger who has more finals and the same number of titles.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #74
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
You'll have a player with 4 titles and 5/6 finals depending on whether Roger makes the final (2 streaks of 2) vs a player with 4 titles and finals (streak of 3 plus 1).

I don't think just because Djokovic will have 3 consecutive titles he'll have better stats than Roger who has more finals and the same number of titles.
Surely if Nole wins his conversion rate alone gives him edge? 4 final wins out of 4 finals would be impressive.

argument.
Quote:

Old 01-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #75
country flag jojoh07

jojoh07 has a reputation beyond reputejojoh07 has a reputation beyond reputejojoh07 has a reputation beyond reputejojoh07 has a reputation beyond reputejojoh07 has a reputation beyond reputejojoh07 has a reputation beyond reputejojoh07 has a reputation beyond reputejojoh07 has a reputation beyond reputejojoh07 has a reputation beyond reputejojoh07 has a reputation beyond reputejojoh07 has a reputation beyond repute

as a fed fan , i appreciate nole

his troll fans ..... not so much
jojoh07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote