Let us salute Novak! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #31
country flag NikolaBGD

NikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let us salute Novak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
Djokovic would be rubbish on fast grass for a start, with his two handed backhand and his problems with inconsistent bounce and pace. It's only since modern surfaces that players have been able to play a game that will maximise success for 12 months of the year.

You will see - pretty much every top player will get a CGS, and they will all amass more titles than most of the all-time greats of the game. The whole slam counting system will be meaningless.
We will see what will happen...

You are bias mate, obviously Fed fan who cant accept that it will be a tennis after him...for fact that Roger hasnt won 359 slams you blame homogenisation. For a future you secure his lagacy with state that every achievement of some other player is meaningless, because of hype homogenisation, which becomes manthra of every fed crying baby.

You dont like this game, you like only one player, and that is very sad fact.
NikolaBGD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #32
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

OP.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #33
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbg View Post
Every player has the same opportunity so shouldn't it then be easier for his rivals also to be more consistent?
Yes, but the point is that the best player rises to the top at every single slam.

Back when the surfaces are different, different players would excel at different slams which made it harder for one player to succeed at every slam. Nowadays if you are the dominant player, you are going to be the favourite at 3 or 4 slams in the year. Means you can accrue more slams in less time as a dominant player. You can see it at the high level tournaments in the last 5 years. The top 4 players are contenders at every tournament, and it leaves no room for anyone else. They are splitting far more titles between them.

If the surfaces had been so similar in the 80s when Lendl was the undisputed world number one then he probably would have won a few Wimbledons and a couple more AOs and his slam count would be much higher.

In the future, if someone is world number one for the year they will be expected to win 2 or 3 slams. Back in the 90s it would be more like 1, 2 if you were exceptionally dominant.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #34
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

There are still some good matches. Just a lot less than there used to be.

Like all tennis tragics, I will watch the sport til I die even if they completely butcher the game I love.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but the point is that the best player rises to the top at every single slam.

Back when the surfaces are different, different players would excel at different slams which made it harder for one player to succeed at every slam. Nowadays if you are the dominant player, you are going to be the favourite at 3 or 4 slams in the year. Means you can accrue more slams in less time as a dominant player. You can see it at the high level tournaments in the last 5 years. The top 4 players are contenders at every tournament, and it leaves no room for anyone else. They are splitting far more titles between them.

If the surfaces had been so similar in the 80s when Lendl was the undisputed world number one then he probably would have won a few Wimbledons and a couple more AOs and his slam count would be much higher.

In the future, if someone is world number one for the year they will be expected to win 2 or 3 slams. Back in the 90s it would be more like 1, 2 if you were exceptionally dominant.
and your arguments are all factual not fictional, right
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #36
country flag Caesar1844

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko05 View Post
and your arguments are all factual not fictional, right
I'm making a prediction man. I won't hold my breath for an apology when I turn out to be right.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #37
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

All hail the Serbinator
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #38
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm making a prediction man. I won't hold my breath for an apology when I turn out to be right.
then stop making predictions living in the past and find the way to embrace the reality
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #39
country flag xelena

xelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Novak for being such a champion, having such a talent working so hard and making everyone so happy especially countries around Serbia happy and proud to be on the balkan peninsula. !!!! They are even more grateful and have a reason more to cherish this sport , many many thanks and LIVE FOREVER !!)))
xelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #40
country flag mystic ice cube

mystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond repute

I always liked Djokovic and have great respect for him and his game. I think my first post on these boards was congratulating him after a victory. Roger is my favourite player though but yeah, I wish him all the best.

FEDERER - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV

Haas Tsonga Janowicz Dolgopolov Gulbis Wawrinka

Hewitt is a legend

Get well soon Soderking & Juan
mystic ice cube is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #41
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

No1e:Roaring Lion, Barbarian and already a legend.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #42
country flag Lemon Water
Banned!

Lemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Water has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.
Lemon Water is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #43
country flag Serverer
Banned!

Serverer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond repute

Greatest athlete in the history of mankind
Serverer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #44
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Kudos to Roger the Dodger for having the balls to start this thread. Specially coming from one of the biggest fedfans in this forum. If only we could all act nice and honest like this and value and appreciate each and every player for what they're worth, without entering these petty fanbase wars. Deserves my respect.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #45
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Hail Nole the barbarian!

Always liked him, I found myself in verbal war with his tards though, especially those who disrespect fed.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote