What Political Persuasion Are You? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #46
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Political Persuasion Are You?

i'm not even sure i get 50% of your rant.

anyways, i was (obviously) referring to the points he made about the tea-baggers, i.e. the lack of depth, the lack of goals, the lack of knowledge and YET being treated as if they're some sort of respectable politcal movement by right-wing media outlets.

you haven't commented on the actual topic at all, btw. maher is citing official polls, what do you make of them? doesn't it make you cringe?

that's bolivia, not the first world. they seem exactly like the kind of movement western companies fund in third world countries in order to topple a government they aren't fond of. this time the tactical is coming home to papa, i guess. welcome banana republic.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #47
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

You Americans have had your election, we Brits have got ours coming up. How about some British politics??

It's not fair!
Old 02-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #48
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Lack of depth, lack of goals, lack of knowledge. These are points? Typical left-wing smearing without bothering with the truth. The tea-baggers want a revision of the tax laws. Is that so radical? In their numbers they have depth, their goal is a revision of the tax laws and they have knowledge of what they want.

I was pointing out that most of the video is Maher going for cheap laughs by forcing the audience to laugh or appear uninformed. Did you like the priests cumming on choirboys? Did you like a photo of the Palins being considered great humour. Why do you consider the teabagger section the only part of the video worth commenting on?

Maybe I will have to look again to see what ''official'' polls you are talking about.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:01 PM   #49
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Rrainer and I are not Americans. Why don't you just bugger off and worry about the British Olympic debacle?
Old 02-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #50
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

OK Rrrainer. You say Maher is citing official polls. I need to know which polls and where can I find them, before I can cringe. And why the polls are ''official'' as opposed to just being polls.

Or should I just conclude that if Maher says it, it is clearly true?

And my ''rant'' was just comment on things Maher said in the video you posted. Was that a rant or did I just mention things you would prefer viewers of the video to ignore? I had to suffer through that nonsense to get to the teabagger part.

Instead of wasting your time on Maher, why not go to www.onlinetaxrevolt.com and join the march on DC. You can probably march from Berlin (but don't go through France).

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-20-2010 at 03:49 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #51
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Rrainer and I are not Americans. Why don't you just bugger off and worry about the British Olympic debacle?
I was commenting on the entire thread, not just your particular part of it, otherwise I would have quoted you. If you want me to bugger off, please ask nicely.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #52
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

OK, I'm sorry. I just thought you would be too old to read print this size. The rest of this thread was posted in 2004, so if that is the part you were referring to, your comments about having an election must refer to the last Dubya victory.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #53
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

@ buddyholly

first up, i was going for the 3 minutes where he's talking about the tea-baggers, not the bit before that. i couldn't find a youtube clip that cut out the first bit before the tea-baggers comments, so i put that one in here hoping the topic of this thread might be self-explanatory. so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly
Why do you consider the teabagger section the only part of the video worth commenting on?
...because that's what this thread is about. i find the rest pretty funny as well, no doubt. i remember you saying that there's no entertaining liberal around while the right has lots. to me, the right has tons of self-rightous loudmouths, true. they are indeed entertaining to some extent. but the actually funny ones are left-wingers like colbert, stewart and, yeah, maher.

Quote:
OK Rrrainer. You say Maher is citing official polls. I need to know which polls and where can I find them, before I can cringe. And why the polls are ''official'' as opposed to just being polls.
well, they're official because they're representative - unlike o'reilly's foxnews.com polls.

the poll he's referring to here is this one:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02...y6201911.shtml

Quote:
Of people who support the grassroots, "Tea Party" movement, only 2 percent think taxes have been decreased, 46 percent say taxes are the same, and a whopping 44 percent say they believe taxes have gone up.
i was gonna quote your post re: the "lack of depth" and the whole "reform of the tax system" answer - but these stats really speak for themselves, no need to go into detail about the tea-baggers' state of mind.

as for the other polls he constantly refers too, i guess it's mostly along these lines:

http://pewforum.org/docs/?DocID=268

it's not that much of a stretch to be downright scared of some of the numbers.

Quote:
And my ''rant'' was just comment on things Maher said in the video you posted. Was that a rant or did I just mention things you would prefer viewers of the video to ignore?
oh, you can rant all you want, no biggy. your tea-partying crew is backstabbing you enough for me to just let it go. those numbnuts bascially do my job.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #54
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Did you mean to include a poll on religious views?

Anyway, the CBS poll showed that tax cuts were so small that most Americans felt nothing. And Gibbs himself admits that increased state taxes may have wiped out any federal cuts.

The way Maher puts it, he seems to be saying that a tax cut is a tax cut and he does not understand why teabaggers want more tax cuts when thay already received a tax cut that was so small they did not notice it. The teabaggers want tax reform more sweeping than anything Obama offered.
Maher says ''You got maybe a couple of bucks, so shut up already."
Old 02-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #55
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
...because that's what this thread is about. i find the rest pretty funny as well, no doubt. i remember you saying that there's no entertaining liberal around while the right has lots. to me, the right has tons of self-rightous loudmouths, true. they are indeed entertaining to some extent. but the actually funny ones are left-wingers like colbert, stewart and, yeah, maher.

Put Colbert, Stewart or Maher in front of a conservative audience and no-one would laugh.
Put Beck or O'Reilly in front of a left-wing audience and no-one would laugh.

So none of these people are really funny. They just provide a place where like-thinking people can huddle together and feel righteous by laughing on cue.

For funny, I will stay with Monty Python. (OK, Colbert has been funny in Vancouver. But probably only because he is playing to everyone, not just one political group.)
Old 02-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #56
country flag Stensland

Quote:
Did you mean to include a poll on religious views?
yeah because he's on about this topic 24/7 and mentions these kind of stats in every show.

btw for funny, we should all stay with ricky gervais.

while i agree on maher, i doubt conservatives would be virtually unable to find colbert or stwart funny. they have tons of bits that are flat out hilarious and not even close to maher's over-the-top biased jokes. why do you fight HIM anyways? i actually kind of think of you whenever he ridicules religion as he seems to have pretty much the kind of attitude towards it that you have as well - you don't even like him for that?
Old 02-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #57
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
why do you fight HIM anyways? i actually kind of think of you whenever he ridicules religion as he seems to have pretty much the kind of attitude towards it that you have as well - you don't even like him for that?
Making fun of religion is like shooting fish in a barrel, so I don't give Maher marks for it. Religulous was a pathetic movie. The Life of Brian was a much better satire of religion. (Like I said, Monty Python does everything better.)
Old 02-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #58
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a zebra print apparently
Old 02-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #59
country flag marcRD
Banned!

marcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Put Colbert, Stewart or Maher in front of a conservative audience and no-one would laugh.
Put Beck or O'Reilly in front of a left-wing audience and no-one would laugh.

So none of these people are really funny. They just provide a place where like-thinking people can huddle together and feel righteous by laughing on cue.

For funny, I will stay with Monty Python. (OK, Colbert has been funny in Vancouver. But probably only because he is playing to everyone, not just one political group.)
I wouldnt have Maher on your list, he likes to joke about republicans and specially about religion and he is clearly a liberal but he is quite openminded with his republican guests and Ron Paul was almost his favorite candidate last election. Making fun of religion is easy, very easy but Bill Maher really goes all the way and doesnt hold back anything, that I can appreciate. Also he does make fun of liberal groups like feminists and also those lunatics with conspiracy theories involving 9/11.

But I agree that Monte Python beats all political satire in the world.

Last edited by marcRD : 02-20-2010 at 10:11 PM.
marcRD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote