Name Change? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-27-2004, 05:27 PM   #1
anton

anton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Name Change?

I dont think they are "TaTa" this year. It seems they have had yet another name change:

Goldn Flake>Tata>Chennai Open

andytennis.com
anton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2004, 06:02 PM   #2
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name Change?

The website says Chennai Open Tennis Championships. Looks like no one was willing to write a check big enough to be a 'Title Sponsor'.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 06:48 AM   #3
country flag Zara

Zara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud of

no its not that..its that the TATA Group who were sponsoring it...their contract expired and so our chief minister..she wanted to be a like tournament that was under the govt or whatever so it was her that sponsors it now from our state funds...there are like 11 companies which are supporting it tho!

Happy new year everyone...may 2008 bring you happiness!
Zara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 08:09 PM   #4
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that info Zara.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 09:40 AM   #5
country flag Zara

Zara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud ofZara has much to be proud of

Youre welcome.. and btw i am going to be taking photos so if anyone wants photos of their favs who r gonna be there plz tell me!

Old 11-29-2004, 11:32 AM   #6
bad gambler

hey zara i'll be there as well
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:15 PM   #7
country flag Zara

hey...thats cool...are u going to be staying in chennai for the whole open??

Old 12-01-2004, 12:17 AM   #8
country flag i love paradorn
Banned!

i love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hey zara & bad gambler (thanks for the bad rep), I think you know which player I'm asking you to take pictures of. That would be reallly really awesome... And I would thank you so much for it. And of course, enjoy the tournament!
i love paradorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:58 AM   #9
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara
hey...thats cool...are u going to be staying in chennai for the whole open??

no i will be in mumbai during the first day so will only catch day 2 onwards - should be good as i've never been to a tennis match in india b4!

paradorn i will endeavour to get some photos of ur man whilst i'm there
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:34 PM   #10
country flag jayakris

jayakris has a reputation beyond reputejayakris has a reputation beyond reputejayakris has a reputation beyond reputejayakris has a reputation beyond reputejayakris has a reputation beyond reputejayakris has a reputation beyond reputejayakris has a reputation beyond reputejayakris has a reputation beyond reputejayakris has a reputation beyond reputejayakris has a reputation beyond reputejayakris has a reputation beyond repute

I think the moderators need to change the name of the tournament thread from "Tata Open" to "Chennai Open" on the main page ..

Jay
jayakris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 04:43 PM   #11
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah thanks for the info Zara.. Have a great time both of you.
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:07 PM   #12
country flag Zara

Thanks!!..we will!

Old 12-26-2004, 08:45 AM   #13
country flag Lalitha

Lalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond repute

Have a nice time Zara and BG! I wish I were there.