Murray camp unhappy with schedule - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #91
country flag challenger

challenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray camp unhappy with schedule

Well, this can be viewed both ways:

Early afternoon match = have more time to rest and recover.

Late night match = If the match goes to 5 sets or a match that lasts ridiculously long (infamous Simon vs Monfils match comes to mind), then you wouldn't want to play during the night since it leaves you with less time to recover, especially if you pick up a few injuries in the process of winning the match.

But anyway, it's understandable why the organisers have scheduled these matches this way because Federer has a larger fan base and his opponents are more well-known. These organisers are not idiots.
challenger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #92
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray camp-unhappy with schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbg View Post
Surely two men's matches is too risky with respect to possible finishing time for the 2nd one.
Then stick a women's match on there instead of a doubles one if that's the case. Serena and Sloane would be a bigger draw than any doubles match, especially for ESPN viewers. I just find it odd that Andy's the only player in the top 5 who hasn't played a night match on RLA yet. He is actually liked in Australia given the number of Scottish flags seen and the ANDY boys who always make an appearance at his matches.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #93
country flag ogbg

ogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Fox View Post
Then stick a women's match on there instead of a doubles one if that's the case.
I don't understand your point. You said they should play both men's matches in the night session and I suggested why they couldn't, or at least wouldn't be wise to. What difference does it make what they do instead? They still can't play 2 men's matches in the night session.
ogbg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #94
country flag Zepploydath

Zepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
No. Top players get enough preferential treatment as it is, it's good that at least scheduling isn't completely devoted to suit their whims. Murray's 'advantage' over Chardy tonight will be much bigger than Federer's over Murray; the outside courts play clearly faster than the RLA, Chardy will have to adapt to a whole different court speed and conditions.
You know full well that Chardy, or any other lower ranked player for that matter, will never have their match put on RLA when they're not playing a top player. You're basically impyling that top players shouldn't always be put on RLA? This will never happen so what do you propose they do instead?

Top players are given the matches on RLA because of crowds, TV and because they are the players that will be in the competition come the 2nd week. Do you propose that they put matches between players outside the top 30, 40, 50 on RLA when most of them won't be in the tournament come the 2nd week?
Zepploydath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #95
country flag challenger

challenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond reputechallenger has a reputation beyond repute

The Daily Mail at it again - trying to stir up some hate.
challenger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #96
country flag cardio

cardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And Roger's matches have been so thrilling, all those five setters...oh wait a minute. Despite the hype they've all been straight setters for Fed. Unless Tsonga can repeat what he did at 2011 Wimbledon it's very likely that it could be another straight setter for Fed.

Like I said, if they are not going to put a women's match in the night session, why not just put both men's matches at night?
It is just business : they are not fortunetellers who can predict future. They obviously expected more competition in Fed vs Davy and Fed vs Raonic matches, even Fed vs Tomic was probably disappointment from organizers . And they cant put both mens matches on night session , they want sell tickets to day session also.Who would buy expensive day ticket to Rod Laver if there is scheduled only Serena beatdown,screaming Russian girls and womens doubles ?

Plus, mens match can last 5 hours, what if there is 2 fivesetters , first starting 7.30 PM, it would be too crazy risk to start 2nd mens match in midnight. They once played until 4.30 AM ( Hewitt vs Baggy 2008), they dont want to do it again
cardio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #97
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Start at 6.30pm AUS time instead of 7.30

And when both matches become five setters, they would still be playing until the next morning
Old 01-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #98
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepploydath View Post
You know full well that Chardy, or any other lower ranked player for that matter, will never have their match put on RLA when they're not playing a top player. You're basically impyling that top players shouldn't always be put on RLA? This will never happen so what do you propose they do instead?

Top players are given the matches on RLA because of crowds, TV and because they are the players that will be in the competition come the 2nd week. Do you propose that they put matches between players outside the top 30, 40, 50 on RLA when most of them won't be in the tournament come the 2nd week?
I propose outside courts play at the same speed and conditions as the main courts so top players don't get such a ridiculously unfair advantage over the rest.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #99
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I propose outside courts play at the same speed and conditions as the main courts so top players don't get such a ridiculously unfair advantage over the rest.

As far as speed is concerned, I don't think the difference is even intentional.
As far as conditions are concerned, it is not possible to eliminate any difference since the biggest court has to have different conditions becase of its big size etc.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #100
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by challenger View Post
The Daily Mail at it again - trying to stir up some hate.
I don't like Lendl or anyone else in Muzza's camp using Daily Mail as a "back door" way of venting or throwing shade at someone they have beef with.

Team Murray should be careful and know that the DM may have a devious Machiavellian plan to first bring Murray closer to their "little England" core market - but with the ultimate purpose of setting him up for a fall in the future when he does something "too Scottish".
Raiden is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #101

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As far as speed is concerned, I don't think the difference is even intentional.
As far as conditions are concerned, it is not possible to eliminate any difference since the biggest court has to have different conditions becase of its big size etc.
What I mean is make the differences as negligible as possible.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #102
country flag Zepploydath

Zepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd love this as well but we're talking about the contrast between night/day matches. I think the to seeds (1-4 and maybe even 1-8) should be given atleast one night match. Obviously if the other courts played the same speed this would be less of a problem because a night match on Hisense would be 90% the same as RLA.
Zepploydath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #103
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by challenger View Post
But anyway, it's understandable why the organisers have scheduled these matches this way because Federer has a larger fan base and his opponents are more well-known. These organisers are not idiots.
not only well-known : also better in the current conditions

the only good and not injured opponent Murray will have faced until semis will have been Berankis

Simon was not even sure to play, how could they have put him for night-match in Rod Laver Arena ?
Chardy will probably play but it will be probably painful to watch.

And remember it's not only about Federer in first 3 rounds : it was also about Tomic.

Quote:
just find it odd that Andy's the only player in the top 5 who hasn't played a night match on RLA yet.
his draw is also odd

I honestly don't think Fed's popularity comparing to Murray's has even a place into that debate.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
not only well-known : also better in the current conditions

the only good and not injured opponent Murray will have faced until semis will have been Berankis

Berankis is horrible, absolutely weaponless. If Murray hadn't had an off day in that match, bakery products would have been flying around. Berankis was lucky Murray was sending routine balls into the net on a consistent basis or the scoreline would have been just as embarrassing as vs Ferrer in 2011.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #105
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbg View Post
I don't understand your point. You said they should play both men's matches in the night session and I suggested why they couldn't, or at least wouldn't be wise to. What difference does it make what they do instead? They still can't play 2 men's matches in the night session.
My point is if it's all about putting the big names and the potential interesting matches, why not just stick Serena and Sloane in the night session instead of a doubles match? Or Azarenka, the defending champion and Kuznetsova a two time former champion who was part of the longest women's match in Australian Open history two years ago? Serena is a multiple Slam winner and Sloane Stephens is a young up and comer who will break the top twenty after this tournament.

If it's all about matches with blockbuster potential, then why stick a doubles match there? Doubles have never been as popular as singles even when the locals play well.

I just find it strange that a guy who's well liked in Australia and has made history with his first Slam win hasn't gotten a night match yet but I guess it's too late to change the schedule.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote