AO QF: Rested Djokovic takes care of a tired Berdych 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4 - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #241
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO QF: Rested Djokovic takes care of a tired Berdych 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
this sounds to me almost like - if it's not forbidden yet then i can use whatever i use

I can't wait for his biography in 5 years revealing the secret, must be smth really interesting, as he's pretty much suggesting what i was laughing about few posts back - donkey cheese, turtle blood, snake venom, whatever funky magical recovery substance.

He's pretty much insinuating that he has an out of ordinary special way to recover, which he keeps secret in order not to be copied.

Anyone with a suggestion? Loads of homemade honey? Slivovica?
who knows, it may very well be donkey cheese. but it seems for certain that the haters are more interested in donkey balls.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #242
country flag Serverer
Banned!

Serverer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO QF: Rested Djokovic takes care of a tired Berdych 6-1 4-6 6-1 6-4

I think what happened with Djokovic was that he knew that to be able to compete with the amazing fitness monster that is Rafa Nadal he knew he has to have the same fitness himself. So he changed his diet or whatever you want to believe.
Serverer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #243
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Do you know Simon has a lingering knee problem? I guess you don't since you also don't know Ferrer beat Djokovic on HC in 2007 and 2011.

Is it possible that before he found out he is allergic to gluten, he could not train as hard? So it's a double blow to his fittness? Also, he changed his trainer to his existing one who is the former trainer of Thomas Muster.

After reading a few more of your posts, I recognised you do not really wanted to discuss this but make jokes about everything without any knowledge. That's the only way you can makes jokes about Ciliac disease abd bulimia.
oh c'mon, i haven't even read teh Ciliac disease coz any such comparison with a top athlete is just unreal really.

About the gluten thing - OK, if we dig really deep we could make a theory that would match the (lack) credibility of any other theory, which isn't proven or whatever.

It could be that he's been gluten intolerant (which i never heard for him before, just heard he's on such a diet and then the egg was added, just to make it even more plausible, that's what i would have said for sure), which has been pulling him down and losing it + losing the asthma and allergy thing all combined made his physical condition charts go through the roof in a relatively short period of time.

It's a theory and it's one that is just as plausible as any other one, like Any other one.

The Muster fitness coach thing is not really an argument in favor the above theory i think.

It's a bit like Verdasco's sudden huge improvement in 40 days of training in the addidas program in Las Vegas. To prove that possible - he actually worked with Agassi's fitness coach! (not helping, does it?).

But yeah, anything is possible if you really want it.
latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #244
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Haha that's actually a good question. this forum consists of trolls and socially inept clowns. I think the hate is unavoidable, sadly.
I must back you up on this one

hits the very core of over-idolizing a person
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #245
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko05 View Post
I must back you up on this one

hits the very core of over-idolizing a person

that's too much

Here's a song for everyone to take things with a smile, rather than getting too serious, insulting, dissing, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAJ4...tSg6LP89lt7IpA
Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #246
country flag cardio

cardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily in tennis ultimate fitness is not everything. Talent and shotmaking skills can still beat no matter how fit opponent.Tennis is still more than just running from corner to corner .Just like in old days, when not so fit, almost chubby Mac beat crap out of everyone else. That is big difference with cycling, cross country skiing, running etc.

And BTW, everyone is innocent until PROVEN guilty .
cardio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #247
country flag rediss77

rediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree, I just wonder how long his body will hold this style of play, I can understand Nadal who propably was born fighter and definetly have problems with his knee.
rediss77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #248
country flag rediss77

rediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond reputerediss77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardio View Post
Luckily in tennis ultimate fitness is not everything. Talent and shotmaking skills can still beat no matter how fit opponent.Tennis is still more than just running from corner to corner .Just like in old days, when not so fit, almost chubby Mac beat crap out of everyone else. That is big difference with cycling, cross country skiing, running etc.

I can agree that it was like that before but not anymore, how good you must play to win against Nole in grand slam ?You can stand there and hit winners for 3 hours in a row but you will stop at some point, and he will just take over, in this era when there are not so many clever players, the only guy who can really deal with this is Murray, he can outsmart and outplay him for 3-4 hours, but with a standard game like Del Potro or Tsonga you simply have no chance. If you play attacking tennis and the other guy keeps getting everything back, then at some point you would expect that he should get at least a little bit slower, but now that's impossible, they can run as long as needed, 4,5 even 6 hours (against Nadal)
rediss77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #249
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverer View Post
I think what happened with Djokovic was that he knew that to be able to compete with the amazing fitness monster that is Rafa Nadal he knew he has to have the same fitness himself. So he changed his diet or whatever you want to believe.
After US Open 2010 Vajda told Djokovic to beat Nadal he was gonna have to become him........read that 2 years ago
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #250
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

that's too much

Here's a song for everyone to take things with a smile, rather than getting too serious, insulting, dissing, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAJ4...tSg6LP89lt7IpA
So you are here just for trolling. Thanks for showing your true color.

Non-stop making accusation in this thread (keep posting the same accusation over and over) and when someone take you on it, you back pedal and tried to joke about everything. Typical for a troll and a tard so yes, I am not going to take you seriously
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #251
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardio View Post

This is true, but not the inverse - you can't beat even the lowest skilled guy if you're physical condition is bad.
If you can't get to the ball you can't hit it. If your heart rate is at 220 you can't think at all.

So it is important, very important. Especially on those slow courts, where it's virtually impossible to get blown off the court, so the one who will take the risk last will have the better chances.

In Nole - Wawa match, the Swiss was trying to cope in the rallies, as he wasn't pushed that much and he just needed to hold long enough, but he couldn't. It was always him the one who needed to take the risk first.

And the fact that many of those risks went in made him play a real 50-50 match here.

You'll see even Ferrer being the aggressor in next round, simply coz not even him could cope with Djokovic's tempo and stamina.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #252
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
So you are here just for trolling. Thanks for showing your true color.

Non-stop making accusation in this thread (keep posting the same accusation over and over) and when someone take you on it, you back pedal and tried to joke about everything. Typical for a troll and a tard so yes, I am not going to take you seriously
you weren't taking me seriously anyway.

No one likes to be contradicted, especially when "love" is in the cards. Makes ppl blind

Trolling would be to throw irrational sentences around, while all my sentences are well argumented and logical.

The fact they're the opposite of your and all Noletards' opinions doesn't make them wrong, does it?

I had a lot of fun ppl still defending Lance, even when he was stripped off the tittles and everything.

Before he admitted it himself on TV there were more ppl saying the USADA trapped him and he's too good to be that wrong, he has a foundation and everything...

That's idolizing, that's why i'm laughing.

Have you ever seen me defending Federer when anyone claims he's that good for that long with no injuries because of whatever? I just lol and ignore.

See the difference? ...idolizing
Old 01-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #253
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rediss77 View Post
Totally agree, I just wonder how long his body will hold this style of play, I can understand Nadal who propably was born fighter and definetly have problems with his knee.
What style of play? Today both the first and third sets were over in less than 30 minutes, and the whole match didn't take more than 2.5 hours.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #254
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
What style of play? Today both the first and third sets were over in less than 30 minutes, and the whole match didn't take more than 2.5 hours.
he means the style, not the effort. Tbird didn't give him too much trouble indeed.

It's about all the stretching, twisting, bending, sliding, etc.

The guy either has the loosest knee cross ligaments, or they're everytime about to snap.

Monfils has been often injured playing a very similar style.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #255
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Monfils has been often injured playing a very similar style.
Djokovic has a whole team of people watching him very closely all the time, for years now, while Monfils doesn't even have a coach at the moment. You can't play like that, screw around and just hope for the best. This is almost 4 years ago, basic post-training procedure:

“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote