~~The Fer Rocks DAVIS CUP cheering thread~~ - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #106
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random Davis Cup info

Nando
I really hope they can turn it aroung tomorrow

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2005, 04:25 AM   #107
country flag Diabolic|Scheme

Diabolic|Scheme has a reputation beyond reputeDiabolic|Scheme has a reputation beyond reputeDiabolic|Scheme has a reputation beyond reputeDiabolic|Scheme has a reputation beyond reputeDiabolic|Scheme has a reputation beyond reputeDiabolic|Scheme has a reputation beyond reputeDiabolic|Scheme has a reputation beyond reputeDiabolic|Scheme has a reputation beyond reputeDiabolic|Scheme has a reputation beyond reputeDiabolic|Scheme has a reputation beyond reputeDiabolic|Scheme has a reputation beyond repute

Some nice shots ... but it could have been alot worse

Vamos Nando ^^
Old 03-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #108
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching the Spanish news on tv today and they had a little interview with Nando after the match...he said he was disappointed to have lost because he felt better than he thought. But he was still happy with the way he played. I think his performance was very creditable and he was under lots of pressure...so well done nevertheless Fer!!!
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:30 AM   #109
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

an article from the DC site:

Title Is Slipping Away From the Spaniards

Spain's defence of the Davis Cup has got off to the worst possible start as the Slovak Republic leads 2-0 after the first day of play in Bratislava.

The 2004 champions went 0-2 down in their first round tie, Karol Beck defeating Feliciano Lopez 64 75 63 in the first rubber to give the hosts the early lead. In the second rubber Dominik Hrbaty proved too strong for the Spanish freshman Fernando Verdasco, the hometown hero winning 63 64 67(7) 63 to bring his country a huge advantage heading into day two.

In the second match Hrbaty, a quarterfinalist at this year’s Australian Open, lived up to the high expectations of the crowd with a strong performance against Verdasco, who was playing his first singles Davis Cup match. Hrbaty broke the Spaniard early in the first set and held his serve successfully to win it 63.

In the second set Hrbaty went 1-4 down, but managed to come back from behind, winning five consecutive games before taking the set. There were no breaks of serve in the third set, which was decided in tiebreak. Hrbaty was two points away from the match leading at 5-2, but the Spanish rookie managed to turn the breaker around, winning 9-7.

The fourth set started with one break of serve on each side, but in the eighth game Hrbaty broke once again. Even the medical treatment the Spaniard took didn’t deter the Slovak as he finished up the match, and completed a famous victory.

Dominik Hrbaty had a big smile over his face: “This was a completely different story than in two previous matches I played against Fernando Verdasco. The faster surface suits me better and I was able to take the advantage. I am very happy with the way the first day went for us.”

The Spaniards came to the press conference with more serious faces. “Dominik played very well the whole match. I tried my best but he was a better man on the court,” said Verdasco.

The Spanish title defence now hangs by a thread and they need to win the doubles rubbber on Saturday to keep themselves in this tie, and their dream of retaining the trophy alive. For the time being, that task has been assigned to Rafael Nadal and veteran Albert Costa, who are scheduled to face Hrbaty and Michal Mertinak.

Slovak captain Miroslav Mecir was happy but cautious : “I didn’t expect that we will be leading 2:0 after the first day. With the high quality of the Spanish players I was even a little bit worried that it could be the other way around. But fortunately my guys proved me wrong with their strong performances and we are in the best possible possition after the first two matches. But we are completely aware that we need three points and I haven’t forgotten the tie against Sweden in which we also took the lead and finally lost. So the work is far from being done yet.”

“We were expecting that it is going to be all square after the first day. But Slovaks showed very solid performances while my players played a little bit bellow their standards. Especially Feliciano Lopez was not at his best and besides that he had some bad luck in the second set where he had three consecutive break points. Our chances are pretty bad after the first day but we are still alive. I think we have a good chance to win doubles match on Saturday and then we will see,” was the opinion of the Spanish captain Jordi Arrese.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:10 AM   #110
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Em!! Yeeaaah Nando can be proud of the way he played!!! I blame the court.....
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:31 AM   #111
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

yeah totally...I don't think he should be ashamed at all...he definitely did not disgrace himself. Feli on the other hand was a bit of a disappointment...
Old 03-06-2005, 12:04 PM   #112
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Eruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond repute

Fernando playing 5th rubber now...

VAMOS NANDO!!! Please win this one

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal | Feliciano Lopez | Pablo Andujar | Jeremy Chardy | Simone Bolelli | Marco Chiudinelli
Eruwen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:14 PM   #113
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

VAMOSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! You can do this Fer!!! You have to get that one point!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!! VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

Old 03-06-2005, 12:19 PM   #114
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Eruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond repute

He broke! Vamos!

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal | Feliciano Lopez | Pablo Andujar | Jeremy Chardy | Simone Bolelli | Marco Chiudinelli
Old 03-06-2005, 12:41 PM   #115
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

He took the 1st set 6-2 Vamos!

Fernando Verdasco

Old 03-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #116
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Fernandoooooooooooo

someone is pissed off here!!!

gogogogogooooooooooooooo GET THAT ONE POINT!
Old 03-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #117
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Muchas gracias Fernando!!!!! thank heavens that zero is gone...

I hope Feli was watching this...
Old 03-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #118
country flag lizabeth..*

lizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond repute

At least someone is capable of winning! Too bad he couldn't do that on Friday! I have no sympathy for this win either. (Should I even have sympathy?? I don't know, it's so freaking cold my brain is frozen)

GOOD LUCK

Fernando Verdasco | Paul-Henri Mathieu | Richard Gasquet

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marat Safin | Juan Carlos Ferrero | Carlos Moya | David Nalbandian | Mathieu Montcourt | Nicolas Mahut

lizabeth..* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #119
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

He did it! Well done Nando!

Fernando Verdasco

Old 03-06-2005, 01:02 PM   #120
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabeth..*
At least someone is capable of winning! Too bad he couldn't do that on Friday! I have no sympathy for this win either. (Should I even have sympathy?? I don't know, it's so freaking cold my brain is frozen)
don't be too harsh on Fernando Liz.... I think he did the best out of the 4 of them...