~~The Fer Rocks DAVIS CUP cheering thread~~ - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #436
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~The Fer Rocks Davis Cup cheering thread~~up next: ESP v USA 19-21 SEP 2008

l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #437
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Jenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~The Fer Rocks Davis Cup cheering thread~~up next: ESP v USA 19-21 SEP 2008

Great pix!

Marcelo has an enormous talent. Gaudio, RG champion 2004

"Rios ... he has a beautiful game, great forehand and great touch," Federer, World number 1

Guillermo Coria: "Ríos and Vilas are my two idols"
Jenrios is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #438
country flag Tiklish

Tiklish has a reputation beyond reputeTiklish has a reputation beyond reputeTiklish has a reputation beyond reputeTiklish has a reputation beyond reputeTiklish has a reputation beyond reputeTiklish has a reputation beyond reputeTiklish has a reputation beyond reputeTiklish has a reputation beyond reputeTiklish has a reputation beyond reputeTiklish has a reputation beyond reputeTiklish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~The Fer Rocks Davis Cup cheering thread~~next: FINAL!!! ARG-ESP 21-23 nov08

The Spanish team has arrived in Argentina for the Davis Cup Final, and I found some short videos at YouTube, so thought I'd post the ones that include Verdasco here.

Verdasco and Feli interviews - they both look wonderful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjyoXTMsm48

Team posing for some pictures
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoeuQpBA4BE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rm_wnu8ffQ
Tiklish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #439
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Jenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~The Fer Rocks Davis Cup cheering thread~~next: FINAL!!! ARG-ESP 21-23 nov08

From the Chilean newspaper, la Tercera - machine translated

Verdasco: "A final of Glass Davis is what you dream from boy"
Spanish recognized that if it is not chosen to play one of you sail them he will have left "a cosilla", although "the most important thing is that the team wins", he/she said.

The Spanish Fernando Verdasco, integral of the Spanish team of Glass Davis that this weekend plays the final one before Argentina, is expectant to know the captain's decision Emilio Sánchez Vicar he/she opts for him or for Feliciano López to play one of you sail them.

Ana's boyfriend Ivanovic or Feliciano López has the opportunity to substitute Rafael Nadal, although both had wanted that the number one of the world was in Mar del Plata, but it feels that if it is not chosen it will accept it, although "a cosilla" was him inside.

"On one hand I would like Rafa to be because in the difficult moments it is the best, but when you is not it doesn't have left another remedy that to fight you or another partner. With the one it will be hard and without him harder still. If he/she plays me to my, charmed because I am to the captain's disposition. The important thing is that the team wins", he/she said today Verdasco.

Not to play can be an assumed deception. It can bother "you more or less, we like to play to the tennis and a final of Glass Davis, it is what you dream from boy. But the four cannot play singular or double, it is necessary to look for the good of the team. The important thing is to take out the Glass and to take it Spain" he/she stops.

"In general I see to all very, to David, Feli, Marcel and even Santi Happiness, I believe that we all are very adapted to the hint, I have played with all, and the truth that you/they are at great level", Verdasco he/she said on their team partners.

On the court he/she commented that he doesn't dislike. It is "a hint that I remember that it is not identical to any tournament, they say that he/she resembles that of Nyon, although I have never been there, perhaps to Paris-Bercy, and the truth that is a mixture between wood and plastic, and he/she doesn't have the sand that Madrid and Paris, and this makes that the boat is lower in these hints", it expressed.

Marcelo has an enormous talent. Gaudio, RG champion 2004

"Rios ... he has a beautiful game, great forehand and great touch," Federer, World number 1

Guillermo Coria: "Ríos and Vilas are my two idols"
Jenrios is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #440
country flag Gl3nnVD

Gl3nnVD has a reputation beyond reputeGl3nnVD has a reputation beyond reputeGl3nnVD has a reputation beyond reputeGl3nnVD has a reputation beyond reputeGl3nnVD has a reputation beyond reputeGl3nnVD has a reputation beyond reputeGl3nnVD has a reputation beyond reputeGl3nnVD has a reputation beyond reputeGl3nnVD has a reputation beyond reputeGl3nnVD has a reputation beyond reputeGl3nnVD has a reputation beyond repute

Emilio chose Feli
Gl3nnVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:01 PM   #441
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for the article

If anyone has any kind of live stream for the DC, please be so kind and post it here

I desperately would like to see the matches, and if only on live stream

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #442
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Theres links on this site to other websites showing the action

http://www.livescorehunter.com/Lives...re-Tennis.html

Hope something works for you

Thanks for the article Jen

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #443
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link, Di

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

Old 11-22-2008, 06:35 PM   #444
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Fer/Lopez def. Calleri/Nalbandian 5-7 7-5 7-6 6-3

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #445
on clouds...

I am sooo happy for the chicos One more match to go

There are rumours Fer might play tomorrow instead of Ferru...

Old 11-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #446
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommarsverige View Post

I am sooo happy for the chicos One more match to go

There are rumours Fer might play tomorrow instead of Ferru...
considering the way Ferru plays currently it could be an intelligent move. And yes I do like Ferru too.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:50 AM   #447
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Rumours are confirmed in the meanwhile. I found an article in a Brazilian paper....

Verdasco will have the chance to be the Spanish hero versus Acasuso
By Fabricio Gallas, directly of Mar del Plata

Early this morning it was confirmed that Fernando Verdasco will play instead of David Ferrer the 4th and possibly decisive rubber in the Davis Cup Final between Argentina and Spain.
Verdasco, who helped the Europeans secure the second point of the tie, benefit of the bad shape of David Ferrer, 12th in the Ranking and with the best Spanish Ranking in this tie, in his match against David Nalbandian. The Davis Cup record isn’t very encouraging though. He won 3 of his 6 Single matches, and only one of his won matches was a best-of-five match (against Stephane Bohli in the first round of 2007).
If there is a substitution in the Spanish squad, the Argentinian does the same. How it was already anticipated, Juan Martin del Potro can’t play with his leg injury and is substituted by José Acasuso. The Argentinian has once more the responsibility to keep his country in the tie. 2006 against Russia he had to play the decisive rubber versus Marat Safin, but failed and lost in 4 sets.
Acasuso and Verdasco only played once on ATP-circuit, on clay, quite different to the fast hard court in Mar del Plata. In 2006 Acasuso won in 3 sets in Hamburg.

Link to the article in Portuguese.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #448
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

I am sooooo excited for Fer and the chicos The way he and Feli managed to rescue the 3rd set, after their alarming lapse in concentration I spent half the night watching highlights,I'd been to a football match

Fer will play the 4th singles match, well thats fantastic Yes I think its a good move, the surface doesn't suit Ferru

Thanks Jelena for the news

Vamos Chicos, bring the Davis Cup home

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #449
country flag Elisey

Elisey has a reputation beyond reputeElisey has a reputation beyond reputeElisey has a reputation beyond reputeElisey has a reputation beyond reputeElisey has a reputation beyond reputeElisey has a reputation beyond reputeElisey has a reputation beyond reputeElisey has a reputation beyond reputeElisey has a reputation beyond reputeElisey has a reputation beyond reputeElisey has a reputation beyond repute

I've just surfaced from hermithood and I have No Idea when the 4th (well technically it's the 3rd) singles match will be. What time? Streams please? Thank you!
Elisey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #450
country flag Jelena

Play starts at 14.00 GMT