~~The Fer Rocks DAVIS CUP cheering thread~~ - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-08-2007, 02:34 AM   #391
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~The Fer Rocks Davis Cup cheering thread~~up next: USA vs ESP 6-8 APRIL 2007

good fight by the chicos...much better than i was expecting
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2007, 03:54 AM   #392
country flag Invisible

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~The Fer Rocks Davis Cup cheering thread~~up next: USA vs ESP 6-8 APRIL 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
The American announcers are pissing me off - they keep saying that they think Fer will fold from the pressure.

Well it's 15-0!
Those darn commentators had me ready to kick the TV. They were so rude to the Spaniards. Especially Fernando. They did shut up a bit when the match got close. I wanted Feli and Fernando to win so bad, even if they didn't end up winning the tie they could at least bring the American team, the American fans and those lousy commentators back down to earth. I really couldn't take much more of the praising of the Americans and the tearing apart of the Spaniards. I don't care if they were broadcasting to an American audience. I'm American (but cheering for Spain) and really couldn't stand listening to them any longer.
Invisible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:08 AM   #393
country flag Invisible

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BTW - Feli is looking oh so hot too on the sidelines...

Arod nets it - 3-2* Fer!

I was thinking that too (about how good Feli looked). Those Spaniards look so good in those white Davis Cup shirts. It was pretty cool how Feli was so into cheering for Fernando. It's nice seeing how they are such good friends.
Invisible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #394
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Jenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey JenRios - I wish our Fer believed in himself too. He's so talented.

But he's still so young - only 23. Some guys don't find their rhythm until they are like 23, 24. Maybe that will be the case with our Nando.
that's true Lynn - my fav Lendl turned his game around when he was 25 - and he was the most notorious choker on tour. And Canas is playing fabulous tennis and he's 29, right?

Marcelo has an enormous talent. Gaudio, RG champion 2004

"Rios ... he has a beautiful game, great forehand and great touch," Federer, World number 1

Guillermo Coria: "Ríos and Vilas are my two idols"
Jenrios is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #395
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Jenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cuz he lost in the DC in February.

He's having a lot of problems - no confidence, playing badly.

He's trying to change his game to be more offensive and aggressive, and it's not going well.

And with Gonzalez doing well, they just ignore Nico now.
I think maybe the Chilean media is a bit like ours in the UK - you build your idols up to knock 'em down. Marcelo had a really hard time with the Chilean press - at least now they appreciate him. I've never been keen on Henman, but I always feel sorry for him at Wimby time. Nico will hopefully keep working hard and bounce back.

"Rios ... he has a beautiful game, great forehand and great touch," Federer, World number 1

Old 04-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #396
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Fer and Feli played well in the doubles - wish they'd taken that 4th set - the Bryans were really rattled in the 4th - who know what would have happened in a 5th? Well done chicos!

erm, and being shallow, yes, they both looked hotties, except Fer looked 'seriously hot' - and Ferrer was a hottie courtside!

Old 04-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #397
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

hmm Feli is playing the last match.... and it's not going so well
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #398
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Feli - his fh is letting him down. He looks so discouraged. I don't like to see my chicos unhappy.

And James as usual is annoying me. I like James - but he makes it difficult at times.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #399
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Was the rest of the team watching Feli's match?

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #400
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88 View Post
Was the rest of the team watching Feli's match?
Yup, they were all there. Looking hot as usual.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:01 PM   #401
country flag Alexandy

Alexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
Those darn commentators had me ready to kick the TV. They were so rude to the Spaniards. Especially Fernando. They did shut up a bit when the match got close. I wanted Feli and Fernando to win so bad, even if they didn't end up winning the tie they could at least bring the American team, the American fans and those lousy commentators back down to earth. I really couldn't take much more of the praising of the Americans and the tearing apart of the Spaniards. I don't care if they were broadcasting to an American audience. I'm American (but cheering for Spain) and really couldn't stand listening to them any longer.
I know what you mean. I'm American too but I also was cheering for Spain. They were the worst commentators ever, aren't they supposed to at least attempt to appear unbiased? But they did say one nice thing about Feli today, that he had the looks to be a star.

I wanted Feli to win so badly today. It was so frustrating, he'd play well for a few points and then miss for a few points. And stupid James was smirking the whole time. Ugh. I really don't like any of the players on the U.S team.
Alexandy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #402
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandy View Post
I know what you mean. I'm American too but I also was cheering for Spain. They were the worst commentators ever, aren't they supposed to at least attempt to appear unbiased? But they did say one nice thing about Feli today, that he had the looks to be a star.

I wanted Feli to win so badly today. It was so frustrating, he'd play well for a few points and then miss for a few points. And stupid James was smirking the whole time. Ugh. I really don't like any of the players on the U.S team.
Thank you for posting that. I was so pissed at him. I try to like James, but he makes it difficult. He did that against Gonzalez last year when he was up 2 sets to zero - and then Fernando made him pay for it - I've never been so happy to see that stupid smile wiped off his face when Fernando won in 5. But our sweet Feli isn't tough like Gonzo, and he couldn't do that. It's so not nice of James to smirk like that when Feli is struggling so much now.

And the announcers were horrid. I wanted to put on the mute button but I was recording it.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:17 PM   #403
country flag bludvls849

bludvls849 is on a distinguished road

I met him today! He's really really REALLY nice to fans...he signed a TON of autographs although he really didn't need to and also patiently posed for a lot of pictures with fans (for example, lopez just walked off after his match, using his bag to avoid the fans, hah)

he really is extremely sweet and extremely patient...i also took a picture of him with my sister, he was also extremely patient then, as my camera was being extremely slow...

ive definitely been converted to verdasco fandom! =)
bludvls849 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:37 AM   #404
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

do I dare ask who the commentators were for the DC, NF? not happy w the DC QF results... it w have been amazing for ESP to d USA in USA... so boring...

and now the chicos have to fly home for the Valencia tourney, late, jetlagged and unprepared on clay... how crappy that is for them...

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #405
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88 View Post
do I dare ask who the commentators were for the DC, NF? not happy w the DC QF results... it w have been amazing for ESP to d USA in USA... so boring...

and now the chicos have to fly home for the Valencia tourney, late, jetlagged and unprepared on clay... how crappy that is for them...
RogiFan!

The announcers were Jimmy Arias and some guy Lief Shiras (spelling?). Obviously they were rooting for the Americans, but at the same time, they didn't have to be mean to Fer and Feli.