The Mischa Zverev Cheering Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-25-2004, 10:51 AM   #1
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Mischa Zverev Cheering Thread

A junior player going to the net

He stole my heart when he kept on doing that Go Mihail

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

Last edited by CooCooCachoo : 01-27-2013 at 12:47 PM.
CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2004, 10:52 AM   #2
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Mihail Zverev Cheering Thread

By the way, what's up with the Germans not supporting the Germans in their matches?

I saw Jan-Frode Andersen - Mihail Zverev in Groningen on Tuesday, and Alexander Waske was cheering for Jan-Frode

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers

Old 11-25-2004, 02:11 PM   #3
country flag RogerRocks

RogerRocks has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRocks has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRocks has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRocks has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRocks has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRocks has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRocks has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRocks has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRocks has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRocks has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRocks has a reputation beyond repute

haha....... compared to other countries germans are rather not so patriotic.
I was cheering for Brazil in the 2002 football WC final
RogerRocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 04:09 PM   #4
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, I have already heard about him a little bit. Strange that he is playing for Germany though, and not for Russia.

And last thing I was told was that Zverev was horrible at the net ... so looks like he has improved a lot now .. or maybe the person that told me just didn't like him or saw a very bad match of him

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo
By the way, what's up with the Germans not supporting the Germans in their matches?
well, for me, the following things is valid: I'm really quite much patriotic, but when the German guy or the German team is an asshole, I won't cheer for them no matter if they are from Germany or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo
I saw Jan-Frode Andersen - Mihail Zverev in Groningen on Tuesday, and Alexander Waske was cheering for Jan-Frode
Waske is really a very cool guy, don't blame him for not supporting Zverev in this match in Davis Cup, Waske is the guy who supports the team the most and who puts the most effort in cheering for them. I guess, even though next year the doubles will be most likely Schüttler/Kiefer for the German Davis Cup team, Waske will always be with the team despite he won't play anymore the doubles with Haas. Kühnen said that Waske is the good soul of the team and that somebody who fires them up like he is able to do will be needed and so Waske is always welcome to join the team, no matter if he is or if he is not playing.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 05:14 PM   #5
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they know each other from the Bundesliga, I don't know. But the good thing is that his support didn't work.

What I have read about Zverev is that his forehand is bad.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 05:19 PM   #6
MONSOON season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
yeah, I have already heard about him a little bit. Strange that he is playing for Germany though, and not for Russia.

And last thing I was told was that Zverev was horrible at the net ... so looks like he has improved a lot now .. or maybe the person that told me just didn't like him or saw a very bad match of him

well, for me, the following things is valid: I'm really quite much patriotic, but when the German guy or the German team is an asshole, I won't cheer for them no matter if they are from Germany or not

Waske is really a very cool guy, don't blame him for not supporting Zverev in this match in Davis Cup, Waske is the guy who supports the team the most and who puts the most effort in cheering for them. I guess, even though next year the doubles will be most likely Schüttler/Kiefer for the German Davis Cup team, Waske will always be with the team despite he won't play anymore the doubles with Haas. Kühnen said that Waske is the good soul of the team and that somebody who fires them up like he is able to do will be needed and so Waske is always welcome to join the team, no matter if he is or if he is not playing.
Thanks for that Neely I didn't know Waske was such an inspiring factor to the German team!

Mihail was good at the net, but Jan Frode had some nice passing shots But really, going to the net these days is commendable I love it

Old 11-25-2004, 06:28 PM   #7
country flag Space Cowgirl

Space Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRocks
haha....... compared to other countries germans are rather not so patriotic.
I was cheering for Brazil in the 2002 football WC final
heheh, so did I, but then again I'm not German! Didn't go down too well with some of my German friends either

Rainer = Lion
Kiwi = Scarecrow
Tommy = Tin Man
Flo = Dorothy

...but I still love 'em

Member #2 of Waskeholics United
Space Cowgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:12 AM   #8
country flag Lilly112233

Lilly112233 is on a distinguished road

I saw him some years ago, at some tournaments in hamburg! he was great, and last year i saw him at the atp in hamburg, he played a really good match!! I hope we will hear a lot of him.... i think he will get a WC again this year.. perhaps he will win one or two rounds.... i hope so...
Lilly112233 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:06 PM   #9
MONSOON season.

This is the pic I took of him in Groningen:

Old 05-31-2005, 05:20 PM   #10
country flag Lilly112233

I think we sould talk a bit more about him! I saw him again this year in Hamburg and he played better, than before!! But I am not sure if ne can really be a top player!! what do you think?? I know, you can´t say it now, but what do you suppose?? One ore two years agaou I said, he can be a top ten player... now I think perhaps top 50???
Old 07-22-2005, 11:06 PM   #11
country flag Lilly112233

http://de.groups.yahoo.com/group/mischazverev/
Old 05-14-2006, 07:37 PM   #12
country flag ZackBusner

ZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly112233
I think we sould talk a bit more about him! I saw him again this year in Hamburg and he played better, than before!! But I am not sure if ne can really be a top player!! what do you think?? I know, you can´t say it now, but what do you suppose?? One ore two years agaou I said, he can be a top ten player... now I think perhaps top 50???
And again, I saw him today in the Hamburg masters qualifying. He lost to Mónaco but I'm sure on hardcourt or carpet Mónaco wouldn't have had any chance. Zverev broke Mónacos service several times playing offensively but paciently. But on his own service he ran to the net almost every time. That doesn't really work on clay. Zverev lost almost all his service games. He must have noticed that himself. But he kept running and running to the net... I think it was just because he thinks that's cool... When he gets a little bit more mature he will be a really good one.
ZackBusner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:45 PM   #13
country flag Lilly112233

Ich habe das match haute auch gesehen.. ich finde er hat sein spiel sehr schnell stabilisiert.. nach dem ersten satz dachte ich, ok.. in 30 min ist das gegessen.. aber er ist noch mal zurück gekommen.. oder besser gesagt im spiel angekommen.. das ewige ans netz rennen war sicher nicht das beste.. aber andererseits hat er sein spiel durchgezogen.. mir ist aufgefallen, das er keine wirklichen gewinnschläge hat.. er hat oft das tempo aus dem spiel genommen.. aber er hat kaum punlte gemacht, monaco hat punkte oder fehler gemacht, in den meisten fällen.. generell aber wirklich gut gespielt im 2ten satz.. das hätte er, wenn er vielleicht bei eigenem aufschlag ab und an mal versucht hätte hinten zu bleiben, zumindest in einen dritten satz bringen können.. aber hat wirklich spaß gemacht, den 2ten Satz zu sehen.. ich hoffe, das da in der nächsten zeit noch mehr von ihm kommt...
Old 06-19-2006, 05:36 PM   #14
country flag ZackBusner

ZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond reputeZackBusner has a reputation beyond repute

This week he will play his first ATP event in 's-Hertogenbosch as a lucky loser replacing Berdych. Grass should be the right surface for him... His first round opponent is Sanguinetti. Not impossible, I think.
ZackBusner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:32 PM   #15
country flag CarstenL01

CarstenL01 has a reputation beyond reputeCarstenL01 has a reputation beyond reputeCarstenL01 has a reputation beyond reputeCarstenL01 has a reputation beyond reputeCarstenL01 has a reputation beyond reputeCarstenL01 has a reputation beyond reputeCarstenL01 has a reputation beyond reputeCarstenL01 has a reputation beyond reputeCarstenL01 has a reputation beyond reputeCarstenL01 has a reputation beyond reputeCarstenL01 has a reputation beyond repute

Zverev def. Sanguinetti 7:6 7:6 in first round, not bad

Tommy Haas & Andre Agassi

also good luck:

Kiwi, Gonzo, Henman, Baggy, Srichaphan, Ben. Becker, Grammy, Mirnyi & all the Germans except Larsi

CarstenL01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote