French Open tickets - per match or per day? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
country flag wtdanceisthrough

wtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond repute
Default French Open tickets - per match or per day?

Hi, does anyone have any experience buying tickets for the French Open (Roland Garros) tournament? I know the tickets do not go on sale until 13th February but I want to be prepared. I have been to Wimbledon several times before but never to the French Open.

Are the quoted prices on the website "per match" or "per day"? At Wimbledon the tickets are "per day". This means that I can purchase a ticket for the entire day. However the ticket restrictions say I can only buy a maximum of four tickets per day for the outside courts. I'm not sure how this would make sense if each ticket was per day. And if they are "per match" - how exactly are these sorted out as the number of matches on any given day can't be determined in advance? Or is it just that a single ticket permits you entry to any single match on that day? Thanks in advance.
wtdanceisthrough is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
country flag afterglows

afterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Open tickets - per match or per day?

It is per day.

The "4 tickets maximum" restriction is for trying to avoid the back market. Not sure how it is effective though.

You have to choose which big court you want to go(Chartrier,Lenglen or Court n°1). Then your ticket is valid for one day for the matches on this court + all annexe courts.

afterglows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

They are day tickets. The "maximum of four tickets" restriction is just how many you can order per credit card.
niff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
country flag Zepploydath

Zepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody know how quickly they sell out for the mens semis and finals?
Zepploydath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepploydath View Post
Anybody know how quickly they sell out for the mens semis and finals?
Few hours. I bought them last year. Online selling should have started at 7 a.m I connected to the site at 6.50 and it was already open. A window came out saying I was in a queue and to wait half an hour and to NOT refresh the page or I would lose my place in the queue.

While I was waiting, I connected with another browser and the queue at 7.05 a.m was already 2 or 3 hours.

After waiting half an hour the window went away and I could buy level 2 tickets for the semifinals day easily navigating the site.

It's the best online selling I've ever seen, at least compared to when I tried to buy tickets for fc internazionale- Barcelona tickets for 2010 champions league semifinal... The site crashed countless times and I wasn't able to buy tickets.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute

Informative thread, I'm looking to go for the first time this year too.
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #7

wtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond reputewtdanceisthrough has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
Few hours. I bought them last year. Online selling should have started at 7 a.m I connected to the site at 6.50 and it was already open. A window came out saying I was in a queue and to wait half an hour and to NOT refresh the page or I would lose my place in the queue.

While I was waiting, I connected with another browser and the queue at 7.05 a.m was already 2 or 3 hours.

After waiting half an hour the window went away and I could buy level 2 tickets for the semifinals day easily navigating the site.
Hi guys, thanks for all the information. Does anyone have any reference for what time of day the tickets actually go on sale? You say at 0700 is the official time but what timezone is that in, was that in your local time or CET?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel View Post
Informative thread, I'm looking to go for the first time this year too.
Me too, hopefully!

I've been told it was probably better to get tickets for the early rounds. More players to see, fewer chances that your faves will be out.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Few hours.
impressive, I didn't expect it to take that short.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #10
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtdanceisthrough View Post
Hi guys, thanks for all the information. Does anyone have any reference for what time of day the tickets actually go on sale? You say at 0700 is the official time but what timezone is that in, was that in your local time or CET?
It was 0700 CET, which actually is my local timezone since I live in Italy.

If I were you I'd send a mail to the ticket office mail address asking for time of opening of the online selling. Be sure to be in front of your computer at least 15 minutes before the time they tell you, and refresh your page till you get that window which tells you are in the queue. (hoping that it works like last year)

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
Old 01-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
country flag manadrainer

I paste here the content of the mail I received last year from the ticket office:

Quote:
Dear Sir,

The exact time at which tickets will start going on sale for the general public on the 15th February will depend on the technical tests that we will undertake on the site in order to offer you the best service possible.

However, we can assure you that tickets will not go on sale before 07:00 French local time. We will do our best to make sure that reservations begin as soon after this time as possible.

We recommend therefore that you are available at this time in order to make your reservation.

We remind you that this year each spectator may buy up to 4 tickets for the show courts throughout the fortnight of the tournament without going over 2 tickets on the 2, 3, 8 and 10 June.

Please do let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

With best regards,

French Open Ticket Office
French Tennis Federation
Maybe you can send them an email just be sure this year works the same. They assured me it would not open before 7:00, but at 6:50 it was already open.. be careful.

Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #12
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute

manadrainer - what email address do we send a question to to get this year's info?
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #13
country flag manadrainer

Quote:
manadrainer - what email address do we send a question to to get this year's info?
I don't know, I am not going this year.

Last year's email address contained the year "2012", so it can't be the same.

Look on the official site of ticketing, there'll be some info about the support mail address.

Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend

Last edited by manadrainer : 02-02-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #14
country flag Arakasi

Arakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond repute

Can you buy tickets for the semis and finals in the same transaction? Without going over the ticket limit that is.
Arakasi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:48 AM   #15

Quote:
I paste here the content of the mail I received last year from the ticket office
Seems to be the same this year. Here is the email I received (this one was from yesterday but a very similar one was from a couple of weeks ago, so seems they always just send a generic response):

Quote:
Dear Sir or Madam,

As of today, we are unfortunately unable to give you an estimated time of opening. We are currently running technical tests to ensure you the best possible service when ticket sales will open.

However, we can assure you that the website will not be available before 7:00 am (local time). We will do our best to open the website as soon as possible in the morning.

With best regards,

Damien
Customer Service
Quote:
I actually sent a mail through the support form on the site, didn't send it directly to an email address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakasi View Post
Can you buy tickets for the semis and finals in the same transaction? Without going over the ticket limit that is.
AFAIK you can only buy a maximum of 2 tickets per transaction for the mens semis and finals days. (I don't think the women's are so much of an issue.) However, this should mean you can buy one ticket for the semis and one ticket for the finals if you are only buying for yourself. This would come out of your allowance of 4 tickets total for the show courts though, so would limit your show court purchases on other days.

Quote:
Be sure to be in front of your computer at least 15 minutes before the time they tell you, and refresh your page till you get that window which tells you are in the queue. (hoping that it works like last year)
That is exactly what I am doing right now!! At the moment it is 0648 CET and I am still just getting the holding page.