Philipp Petzschner - Page 98 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-22-2010, 10:11 PM   #1456
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philipp Petzschner

It was 15-30, then 30-30 and rather quickly after this it was retirement, as if he went to the net right after the point.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2010, 07:35 AM   #1457
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

His wife posted on his Facebook page after the retirement, but only an old Youtube link...

This interview of Kühnen sounds like he's supposed to play with Kas in Munich:
http://www.ovb-online.de/tennis/foku...ln-728517.html
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #1458
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Good draw in Munich against Benneteau.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #1459
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I asked his wife about his knee, she said it's a recurring problem he has, but he's completely fine again. Just „Überbelastung“, she said.

Last edited by Truc : 05-03-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #1460
country flag JMG

Good to hear.

This video is new on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqMc7_ObmJE
I might have seen this before, but I'm not really sure.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #1461
country flag JMG

Nice score today. I hope Kas is alright.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #1462
country flag Truc

I hadn't even noticed Kas had retired, did he pull out of the doubles too? He came over to watch Philipp in the middle of the match.

As for the match, I don't think it was a good draw, Benneteau was obviously eager to improve after his terrible display in Rome and fighting hard, so I'm very pleased with Philipp's performance. Last time I saw him was in Bercy against Benneteau, when he actually was the better player imo, but completely collapsed mentally - this time he had his head screwed on right.
The 1st set was not pretty, each time he got the break he gave it back with 4 UE in a row, it was so frustrating. But he kept fighting, really got his act together at the beginning of the 2nd set and his game was looking good then. Solid, clever, with a few gorgeous dropshots... No ugly "black-outs" anymore, it was a great fight until the end.
I missed the very end, unfortunately, because I got a phone call at the end of the 3rd set, I didn't see the last game and the little interview, is there a video (or a post-match interview) somewhere?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #1463
country flag JMG

The commentator said during the Gojo match that Kas had an adductor injury but still wants to play the doubles.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #1464
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
This video is new on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqMc7_ObmJE
I might have seen this before, but I'm not really sure.
I definitely hadn't, thanks!

Another article about the NADA story, it's the church wedding which will take place in September, I was always wondering how his wedding was preventing him from playing in DC when he's already married:
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/sport/ein...n/1814270.html
Old 05-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #1465
country flag JMG

Looked really good especially in the first set. Just when Koellerer came back in the second, he hit some errors, also with his slice. But the fight was always there. Berdych is next.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #1466
country flag Truc

4 sets in a row of consistently good tennis and fight, that's impressive after his standards!
Too bad I missed the last game the other day, I'm wondering about his new celebration.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #1467
country flag JMG

The doubles has started on court 13.

Wow, he can play Madrid.

Last edited by JMG : 05-05-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #1468
country flag JMG

The doubles match-tb went from 6-0, 7-1, *8-3, *9-6 to *9-10 to 12-10 and they won two second serve points at 9-10.

Eine kleine Sensation ist Christopher Kas und Philipp Petzschner gelungen: Die beiden Deutschen bezwangen im Viertelfinale das topgesetzte Doppel Mariusz Fyrstenberg und Marcin Matkowski in einem Match-Tiebreak-Krimi mit 6:1, 4:6 und 12:10. Kas/Petzschner führten im entscheidenden Durchgang bereits 6:0, 7:1, 9:6 und hatten beim Stand von 9:10 einen Matchball gegen sich, ehe sie als Sieger vom Platz gingen. Fyrstenberg/Matkowski haben bereits zehn Doppel-Titel auf der ATP Tour gewonnen und standen in 14 Finals.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #1469
country flag Truc

I'm glad I missed that!

A longer interview about the NADA story again:
http://sport.ard.de/sp/tennis/news20...petzschner.jsp
He did miss two controls already. And he will sign the freaking piece of paper in 2011.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #1470
country flag Truc

They don't have the matches on demand anymore on tennislive.tv? Or they're just taking their time to put them up this week?

My pics of the Benneteau match:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vue d'ensemble.jpg (305.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Warming.jpg (129.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Retour.jpg (95.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Tęte.jpg (116.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Revers.jpg (110.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Service.jpg (86.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Kas.jpg (134.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Coup droit.jpg (132.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Gros coup droit.jpg (147.2 KB, 7 views)