Philipp Petzschner - Page 97 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #1441
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philipp Petzschner

Why did the chair umpire tell them they were asked to shorten the warm-up? Do they say that to all the players?
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #1442
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Pfff, the netcord went against him on both BP and MP in the 2nd set....
But at least there were plenty of nice points compared with last time (that's the good thing with the Söderling match, every match looks like a thing of beauty after that one). 23 winners and 33 UE.
If somebody has missed a set, I can upload them.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #1443
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

I saw it only from 36 10, but that's enough for me. It's awful to play a topspin hitter on such a court. He had to play a real clay court match, but it was nice to see that he could compete in such a match. His fh was quite good, he hit more clean forehands than usual imo. Just this big fh chance to go 2-0 up was painful. Kohlschreiber seemed to be very motivated and celebrated points even in the last game at 30-0, when the match was basically already decided.

Last edited by JMG : 04-16-2010 at 09:09 AM.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #1444
country flag Truc

I preferred the 2nd set anyway. There was a nice dropshot-lob combo in the 1st set, but I see it's in the highlights, I will upload them.

Yep, I was pleasantly surprised by his game even if there clearly were too many UE (too many completely missed returns, etc.) The gorgeous dropshots definitely made up for it.

It's so weird to watch him on clay, hitting double-handed BH, with a new outfit on top of that.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #1445
country flag Truc

There are pics of the match here:
http://realis.mc/Images/sports/Monte...-kohlschreiber

Do you know that brand? He was wearing the complete outfit, even the jacket, so it did look like a sponsored outfit.

Last edited by Truc : 04-15-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #1446
country flag Truc

The highlights:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nltanzljhzy
Old 04-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #1447
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Result was NID, but he played pretty well for a clay match. Didn't really look he believed in it and he was good with the result. Hope he is going to play Athens next week. Good chance for many points there.
Ad Wim is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:02 AM   #1448
country flag Truc

I was thinking about Athens too during the match, but in the opposite way, I'm not sure about playing a hardcourt challenger in the middle of the clay events now.

His dropshot-lob is the "hot shot of the day" for the ATP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NTN0msl9gY
Old 04-16-2010, 07:07 AM   #1449
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post

Do you know that brand? He was wearing the complete outfit, even the jacket, so it did look like a sponsored outfit.
Interesting that he is wearing that brand. The only other player I can recall that wears it is Chiudinelli. Nice he has a sponsor now, though.

This is the company's website:

http://www.hi-pro.ch/

Interestingly enough this company was founded by former Swiss player Ivo Heuberger.

They also produce the Swiss Davis Cup clothes, which is funny as it is the only area of the website devoted to tennis. There is no section solely on their tennis clothes

Last edited by Smoke944 : 04-16-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #1450
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

These shirts are really expensive. 78 CHF for the one he is wearing, 68 CHF for a tshirt.

I think he is friends with Heuberger or at least knows him well.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #1451
country flag JMG

Petzschner - Bogdanovic

He had no chance in their last match, so not sure if we can expect a solid win here. I remember this was played on court 1 in Aachen, so you could barely see more than a third of the court on the live video. It was really frustrating to follow.

The doubles would be fun to watch against the local team.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #1452
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty good draw. No real good player in form at his side of the draw. The top half has much more good players.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #1453
country flag JMG

He retired at 2-5* 30-30 against Phau.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #1454
country flag Truc

"P. Petzschner - left knee"
Old 04-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #1455
country flag Ad Wim

And he also pulled out of Rome