Philipp Petzschner - Page 95 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2010, 02:13 AM   #1411
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philipp Petzschner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Merci!

at the scoreline. Kohli says he played really well for a first match in the States, but still.
You're welcome Fran

The Philipp v Philipp match was not good for Petzsche. Kohli was playing extremely well. Petzschner's slice was failing him big time and just couldn't get into the match. He broke a racquet but was pretty calm about it. He smashed it once into the ground before he sat down at the changeover and then finished snapping it in half over his knee. He handed it to a ball kid to throw away, but someone in the crowd took it. Unfortunately, none of my pictures from that match came out because it was at night. Without the flash, everything was a little blurry.

Here's video from his first round match. I was sitting right behind his chair and got a tad nervous at the end of the video. You'll probably notice the camera becoming increasingly unsteady. At the time, I was thinking 'Fran really owes me one now'

WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #1412
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I sure do! I'm feeling a bit embarrassed, that's way, way more than I was expecting, Alli. I thought you would maybe take a couple of practice pics and ask him a question if you got the occasion, I didn't think you would go to his matches, make videos, etc.
Awesome job, really. I love the video because I'm having withdrawal symptoms already, it's been a month we haven't seen him.

(Alli asked him about his sponsor, btw, he said that Jürgen lets him borrow Adidas gear for the doubles so it looks better together, but he still doesn't have any clothing sponsor.)

Last edited by Truc : 03-21-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:51 AM   #1413
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I sure do! I'm feeling a bit embarrassed, that's way, way more than I was expecting, Alli. I thought you would maybe take a couple of practice pics and ask him a question if you got the occasion, I didn't think you would go to his matches, make videos, etc.
Awesome job, really. I love the video because I'm having withdrawal symptoms already, it's been a month we haven't seen him.
Oh, please don't feel embarrassed. It really was no trouble at all. I completely enjoyed having "tasks" to complete. Petzsche simply got to be Stan's stand-in for the tournament. I'm really glad you like the video. Plus, it's nice to get to pay you back a little bit for all you provide for everyone here.

Also, I didn't realize his doubles partner was Jurgen. He obviously has an Adidas contract, so I guess he must not have said that neither had sponsors. He said quite a bit about it, so I must have just jumbled it amidst my fog.
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #1414
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering too what he might have said which made you think that his doubles partner has no sponsor either.
It's normal you haven't realized that his doubles partner is Melzer, Jürgen has been playing with other players lately. Philipp's ranking often isn't good enough to make the cut, they will need one withdrawal in Miami too.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #1415
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Our team got only the last doubles spot on site. Last year the on site cut wasn't that low.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #1416
country flag Truc

Pics of the first round, just to check that he's still wearing the boring white tee-shirt:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Miami 1.jpg (89.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Miami 2.jpg (68.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #1417
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Where are these scorelines coming from? Tipsarevic made only 6 points in the 2nd.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #1418
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsa wasn't fully fit, but very good win. Hope he gives Soderling a scare.
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #1419
country flag JMG

0-0*
0-1 bp missed
0-2 pp broken to 15
0-3 2 bps missed
1-3
1-4
2-4 bp saved
2-5
3-5
3-6

1-0
2-0 break from 0-40
2-1 from 0-40 to deuce, then df by jm
2-2
3-2
3-3
4-3
4-4
5-4
5-5 to 30
6-5
6-6

Now we need 2 tb wins in a row. :/
Old 03-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #1420
country flag Truc

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #1421
country flag JMG

Aspelin/Hanley d. Melzer/Petzschner 6-3 6-7(4) 14-12 saved 4 mp

They were *8-5, 9-7, 10-9 and 12-11 up.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #1422
country flag Truc

If you missed it, I recorded each set, but it was just bad.
Even in the 2nd set which was closer than the scoreline says, he didn't show at all his touch, hardly any great volleys or dropshots during the match... There was a double-handed passing-shot winner which gave me a start because it's so unusual.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #1423
country flag JMG

I've seen it all. I'm looking forward to his Houston debut, should be good. Too bad Melzer isn't there, so I guess they can't play a tournament together before RG, just maybe Nice.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #1424
country flag JMG

Houston
Monte Carlo?
Athens (hard)
?
Munich
?
?
RG

Interesting commitment to Athens. He will be top 50 again, so he can't commit to challengers (Rhodes) next week. But I guess he wouldn't have done it anyway.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #1425
country flag JMG

He's out. Too bad we never know what's going on.

Last edited by JMG : 04-02-2010 at 07:39 PM.