Philipp Petzschner - Page 94 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #1396
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philipp Petzschner

The DC thing was so unexpected. Someone who has not even a clothing sponsor shouldn't give away spotlight like that. So I also doubt that he just wants to focus on his career.

I really hope he comes back in 2011. London 2012 should be the highlight for him and I don't think they will nominate a player for the Olympics who doesn't play DC.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #1397
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

It drives me nuts to read everywhere - from Kühnen, von Wadenfels, the "journalists" - that the guys should realize that the exposure they would get in DC is more important than Indian Wells - as if they didn't know it!
That's precisely the point, it couldn't be more obvious that they have nothing to gain and much to lose doing that and that they must have serious reasons to do so.
But no, everybody seems to content themselves with the paltry excuses and Kühnen's "es ist ja nichts Außergewöhnliches, dass Spieler absagen". ^^

I just came across this article of Philippsen who says that Kühnen actually wanted to take Haas, Kohli, Petzsche and Zverev to Toulon - not sure why he wanted to have Zverev rather than Berrer, although it might be a good thing indeed to have him on the team since he's younger than the others - he would have been a better choice than Greul anyway:
http://sport.ard.de/sp/tennis/news20.../davis_cup.jsp
She does stress that the given explanations are "teilweise fadenscheinig", that Kohli's "outspoken" style is not very popular among his peers and neither is Kühnen's way to run the team, but that's pretty much it.

Last edited by Truc : 03-04-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #1398
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

This one is a bit more explicit:
http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/040320...cht-geist.html
She agrees with you last time and says he was not pleased to not be on the team against Spain, that's why he turned down a selection this year. He would only have played if Haas was on the team.
I still have trouble to believe he would be THAT oversensitive, Kühnen really is a desaster if he can't communicate such a decision. It happens all the time on the French team that players are not pleased to be left off the team - but they get over it in the end. And it doesn't explain why the rest of the team wouldn't want to play either.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #1399
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't find anything about this WADA Athletenvereinbarung thing.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #1400
country flag Truc

It was the shocker of the week-end, DSF bringing a new piece of information.
I wish they would have elaborated a little bit, it seemed more interesting than the story of his wedding being scheduled during the DC tie when he's already married. ^^ So he's in conflict with the German Association?
I can't find anything about it either in the articles about the DC tie, it's really weird.

Watch him change the citizenship and play for Austria in London, it's a new trend in German tennis.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #1401
country flag Truc

They explain it here:
http://tennismagazin.de/aktuell/news...class=37&pid=1
Last year he apparently forgot twice to fill in his whereabouts for the German anti-doping system. Since he's not in the top 50, the ATP system doesn't apply to him, only the German one. So he refused to sign again the "Vereinbarung" in January, he's not part of that German system anymore - which also means he can't play for Germany anymore.

Last edited by Truc : 03-07-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #1402
country flag marquez
Banned!

marquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Watch him change the citizenship and play for Austria in London, it's a new trend in German tennis.
could happen
marquez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #1403
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Walk in the park so far, 6-2 first set. Rochus should really retire, what a joke this guy...
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #1404
country flag JMG

Deserved and good win it seems C.Rochus is a great player.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #1405
country flag Truc

Rochus is yet to win a match this year, it would have been embarrassing if he had happened against Philipp.

Philipp vehemently refutes the story of the DTB about him refusing to sign the piece of paper and calls the accusations a "farce" as he was never asked to sign it according to him:
http://www.focus.de/sport/tennis/ten...id_489025.html
He says he didn't want to play Davis Cup this year indeed and prefers to focus on his own career so he can improve and be a real help for the team in the future, and he hopes the German Tennis Association won't prevent him from getting back on the team.

Edit: the DTB now is equally vehemently refuting Philipp's version, this thing is never going to end:
http://www.dtb-tennis.de/index_19195.php
They say at the end that since he claims that he would definitely not refuse to be part of the antidoping system, they're taking the opportunity to ask him again to sign it so he can be on the German team again.

Last edited by Truc : 03-12-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #1406
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fran, here's a sample of some of the photos I took yesterday. My camera isn't the best, but I took some video too that I'll upload later.

WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #1407
country flag Truc

Merci!

at the scoreline. Kohli says he played really well for a first match in the States, but still.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #1408
country flag JMG

A bit disappointing, but I didn't expect him to have a chance on this surface. At least 5 games are more than nothing.

Sunrise will be on bwin, probably always starting at 18:00 our time, so a good chance to see him.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #1409
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Bad scoreline indeed, but Kohli is tough when he is on. Good luck in Sunrise, should win some rounds there.
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #1410
country flag JMG

No Sunrise