Philipp Petzschner - Page 68 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #1006
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philipp Petzschner

He got one of the hardest possible draws, against Hewitt.

Looks like tennislive.tv has changed it to only center court matches. I'm sure they said 2 courts on their late night show, but I can't find it anymore. Probably on the show from 15th, because it says "BMW Open" as topic, but they don't talk about it at all, so I guess this is where they cut it out.

Easy first round in doubles against Murray/Vemic. They are 3rd seed and Nieminen/Youzhny are waiting in the QF.

edit: Jarkko will pull out, so the SF chance looks even bigger.

Last edited by JMG : 05-02-2009 at 11:12 PM.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #1007
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Blickpunkt Sport am Montag, den 04. Mai um 21.45 Uhr - die Themen:
Tennis - BMW Open: Die größten Tennistalente kommen aus Bayern. Natürlich baut auch Davis-Cup Teamchef Patrik Kühnen auf diese bayerische Säulen. Heute in Blickpunkt Sport zu Gast: Philipp Kohlschreiber, Philipp Petzschner und Christopher Kas und Turnierdirekotr Patrik Kühnen
http://www.br-online.de/bayerisches-...port/index.xml
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #1008
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Blickpunkt Sport am Montag, den 04. Mai um 21.45 Uhr - die Themen:
Tennis - BMW Open: Die größten Tennistalente kommen aus Bayern. Natürlich baut auch Davis-Cup Teamchef Patrik Kühnen auf diese bayerische Säulen. Heute in Blickpunkt Sport zu Gast: Philipp Kohlschreiber, Philipp Petzschner und Christopher Kas und Turnierdirekotr Patrik Kühnen
http://www.br-online.de/bayerisches-...port/index.xml
Nice hint. I've just seen the rerun.

btw Nadvornik has played future/challenger doubles with Petzschner and Kas some years ago. But his date of birth on itftennis is different than on wikipedia, so not sure if it is the same person.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #1009
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I wish he would have given some news about his wrist injury. Have you seen an interview somewhere?

At the players' party:

http://www.hasenkopf.ndedit.com/imag....jpg?mode=list
Old 05-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #1010
country flag JMG

I was watching the first two sets on DSF and now heard that Kas was co-commentating a bit on tennislive.tv in the second set, so I hope they put this in the archive soon. Or has anyone seen it live?
Old 05-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #1011
country flag JMG

The first four games were like Isner without serve, so poor. He was quite good at times after that at least and it makes me think he can win some matches in Kitz or RG. Only Davydenko looks unbeatable there.

I fear Kühnen won't make the Bryans play three days in a row, so a possible doubles semifinal would most likely be on Saturday. So an early defeat in doubles would have something positive at least, as I want him to play Madrid. He already missed Rotterdam because of a doubles semi.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #1012
country flag Truc

The first half was terrible, but I thought he played well then, given the conditions and the fact it was his 1st match on clay, his FH was looking great, I enjoyed the match, by far the best one so far, people on this board are so negative.
I don't think he choked that badly, he looked just exhausted at the end, it doesn't help, especially with Hewitt bringing everything back. He also saved loads of MP.

I checked the articles on the tournament website, Eurosport, tennismagazin.de... Nobody mentions the story with Hewitt giving him back the point on MP, I guess they would say it. Nothing in the interview of Hewitt on the tournament website either.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petzsche.jpg (33.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Truc : 05-05-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #1013
country flag JMG

I just found the point at 5-3 in the tb terrible, such a gift to net the forehand return like that. But indeed he was strong to go 5-2 up, Hewitt wasn't bad at all in that situation.

I would be shocked if Hewitt gave him the point. No way that happened, I hope tennislive.tv uploads it soon.

Great that he made the cut in Rosmalen, where he qualified 3 years in a row from 2003-2005. This thread was even created after an entertaining performance there against Sluiter in 2004.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #1014
country flag Truc

The match is available online:
http://www.tennislive.tv/turniere/bm...-vs-petzschner

And the video of the BR show on Monday evening:
http://www.br-online.de/bayerisches-...1506021843.xml
Old 05-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #1015
country flag JMG

4-6 6-3 15-17 against Murray/Vizner.

This time 3 mp wasted and 3 saved.

Edit: Bryan/Bryan lost, so this looks like a wasted chance now. I hope he finds someone for Madrid.

Last edited by JMG : 05-06-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #1016
country flag JMG

Are the videos really working? For me the picture is few seconds behind the sound in most videos from Munich.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #1017
country flag Truc

Yes, same here.

He's not in the qualifying draw of Madrid. :-/
Old 05-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #1018
country flag JMG

Another shock, I guess we will never find out why he withdrew. :-/

Also strange list in Kitz, why does Kas play with Peya? If they make the semis, Peya can't play RG singles.

Last edited by JMG : 05-08-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #1019
country flag JMG

Peya wrote a new blog entry, but managed not to give any news about his tennis. Would have liked to know why he withdrew from Izmir etc.

The doubles cut in Madrid was only 93. It's strange that he didn't take this chance, he has to defend 850 points during the grass season after all.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #1020
country flag JMG

Petzschner vs Koubek

Maybe not the best matchup, he will moonball his lefty forehand on Philipp's backhand all the time.