Philipp Petzschner - Page 40 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:01 AM   #586
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philipp Petzschner

He came in play on most of the BP when it was 0-40 on Ancic's serve right at the beginning of the 2nd set, he missed a couple of passing-shots/lobs, it's not like Ancic played unreachable S&V on the 3 points. So in a way, it was a wasted chance (he really couldn't hit a proper passing-shot or lob yesterday, he can do better in that department).

But Ancic was clearly dominating the first 2 sets, didn't let Philipp really settle into his game, this missed chance wasn't so shocking imo. I found the beginning of the 5th set way more frustrating because Ancic was still struggling big time then, there was definitely room for more.

I can try to upload his match somewhere when it will be available on WL so you can check yourself what happened, but the file should be pretty big...

Last edited by Truc : 06-26-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #587
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

A few pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wimby 2.jpg (36.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Wimby 3.jpg (33.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Wimby 4.jpg (74.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #588
country flag WTA-stars

WTA-stars has a reputation beyond reputeWTA-stars has a reputation beyond reputeWTA-stars has a reputation beyond reputeWTA-stars has a reputation beyond reputeWTA-stars has a reputation beyond reputeWTA-stars has a reputation beyond reputeWTA-stars has a reputation beyond reputeWTA-stars has a reputation beyond reputeWTA-stars has a reputation beyond reputeWTA-stars has a reputation beyond reputeWTA-stars has a reputation beyond repute

One more :

Tommy Haas, Rafael Nadal, Mario Ancic, Andy Roddick, Marat Safin, Tomas Berdych
Tommy Robredo, Fernando Verdasco, Novak Djokovic, Nicolas Kiefer, Janko Tipsarevic, Lleyton Hewitt, Simone Bolelli
The French Team (Clement, Gasquet, Tsonga, Mathieu, Llodra...)
WTA-stars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:20 PM   #589
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Fourth seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Mark Knowles suffered a shock defeat at the hands of unseeded pairing Philipp Petzschner and Alexander Peya. The German/Austrian combination served eight aces and capitalized on four of eight break point chances to win 7-5, 6-2, 7-6(4). It is Bhupathi/Knowles’ fourth straight opening round loss on the ATP circuit since reaching the final at ATP Masters Series Monte-Carlo.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #590
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

2R Petzschner/Peya vs Tipsarevic/Troicki tomorrow

Again not on a show court, although there are many weak matches on show courts tomorrow.

Last edited by JMG : 06-26-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #591
country flag JMG

1R Petzschner/Peya d. (4)Bhupathi/Knowles 7-5 6-2 7-6(4)
2R Petzschner/Peya d. Tipsarevic/Troicki 6-4 6-4 6-3
3R Petzschner/Peya - (15)Kas/Wassen

What a great win and what a big chance to reach the quarterfinal!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #592
country flag Truc

He plays on a court with livestream tomorrow (Court 17).
Old 06-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #593
country flag JMG

Is it certain that I can download the match if I buy a day pass for tomorrow after the match is finished? I won't be here for the match, but if they win, I would really want have it.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #594
country flag Truc

The day pass is so expensive, I can also download it and upload it somewhere, I don't mind.
Otherwise, yes, you'll be able to watch it a few hours after the match is finished.

I've got the Ancic match, btw, but it's a 1,6 GB file, do you want it? I tried to edit it and keep just the parts you had missed, but it doesn't work, I have a huge A/V synchronization problem then.
Maybe there are torrents of the match anyway? I didn't check.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:33 PM   #595
country flag JMG

Okay, that would be nice if you could upload the doubles somewhere.

I guess I don't need the Ancic match then. It's really big and I have mainly missed the "worst" parts of the match.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #596
country flag Truc

Sure, I don't mind.

Here's the game at the beginning of the 2nd set you were wondering about, when he had all these BP - but there's no sound since I can't get the sound to work when I try to edit the big file!:
http://www.eatlime.com/play_243B5CAF...D-7C9BCE93DE0E
Old 06-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #597
country flag Truc

I also uploaded my editing attempts of the beginning of the 5th set, but there really is something wrong with the file, it only went in small bits:
http://www.eatlime.com/play_0AB13A87...8-9498A352A995
http://www.eatlime.com/play_487B09E7...6-C64B54411D23
http://www.eatlime.com/play_E26263B0...E-0C2A434164FA
(no sound again!)

I didn't watch it again, but just by seeing the scoreline in fast forward while editing, I don't know why I found that frustrating when I watched it live, it seems he didn't stand much of a chance, I meant to remember it was closer.

If you really prefer to see the whole match, I can try to upload it later. I need my full bandwith atm for other things, but I can do it when I have time.

Last edited by Truc : 06-28-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #598
country flag Truc

"Note: No more play is expected to be broadcast from Court 6 and Court 17 for the rest of the Championships."
http://wimbledon.mediazone.com/other/index.html
Old 06-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #599
country flag JMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I also uploaded my editing attempts of the beginning of the 5th set, but there really is something wrong with the file, it only went in small bits:
http://www.eatlime.com/play_0AB13A87...8-9498A352A995
http://www.eatlime.com/play_487B09E7...6-C64B54411D23
http://www.eatlime.com/play_E26263B0...E-0C2A434164FA
(no sound again!)

I didn't watch it again, but just by seeing the scoreline in fast forward while editing, I don't know why I found that frustrating when I watched it live, it seems he didn't stand much of a chance, I meant to remember it was closer.

If you really prefer to see the whole match, I can try to upload it later. I need my full bandwith atm for other things, but I can do it when I have time.
Thanks That's enough. Can't believe how he missed this triple bp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
"Note: No more play is expected to be broadcast from Court 6 and Court 17 for the rest of the Championships."
http://wimbledon.mediazone.com/other/index.html
:retard:

Do you know why court 2 isn't available, although it's a tv court?

Now please don't lose against this mug team.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #600
country flag Truc

No, I have no idea either why the Court 2 matches are only available on demand and not live.
Do you need a match from that court?

Nice win today, 24 aces!