Philipp Petzschner - Page 106 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-05-2010, 01:28 AM   #1576
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philipp Petzschner

Was the trophy ceremony for the men's doubles really that short or did anything else happen after they had given the trophies to the runner up and winner of the girls competition?
Oh, and did anyone already upload the german broadcast of Sky Germany?
Yappa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #1577
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I just watched the end of Lesley's file (big thanks again!) and the trophy ceremony was very short, they were given their trophy - und tschüss. He says it too in his last blog entry:
http://tennismagazin.de/tour_exklusi...class=22&pid=1
They didn't attend the Champions dinner in the end, Jürgen had other plans and Philipp preferred to go back to Germany with his family.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #1578
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, sorry, I should've said it was quite short, they never give too much glory to the doubles They didn't even show the women's doubles ceremony live here, it got a 5 second slot in the highlights programme

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #1579
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Kas/Petzschner play in Stuttgart.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #1580
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to Philipp and Jürgen for the victory in Wimbledon Incredible achievement

I translated an interview with Philipp from a German newspaper:

Quote:
„Better to grow up late than never“

July, 5th, 2010-07-05

By Christian Oeynhausen

Phillipp Petzschner is the first German winner of Wimbledon since 1992. He won the doubles competition together with his tennispartner Jürgen Melzer. In this KSTA interview the 26 years old talks about his change and his unexpected luck.

Mr. Petzschner, can you already believe your big coup from Wimbledon?

PHILIPP PETZSCHNER: It’s crazy. I talked on Sunday two or three times with my doubles partner on the phone, just to ask him, if he has already realized it. It’s really the biggest dream of every tennisplayer to play in Wimbledon and to be able to win on the Center Court. Then you go up to the Royal Box, the Duke of Kent gives you the trophy and mentions in addition that Germany has won 4:0 against Argentina. You stop thinking, you just feeling. These are truly beautiful and positive feelings. That we are now listed in the history books of tennis is just crazy.

Your partner Jürgen Melzer knew during your match how the encounter between Germany and Argentina had ended?

PETZSCHNER: His girll-friend signalised it to him after the 2nd set. He asked me whether I would like to know the result and I said to him: No, I want to concentrate on the 3rd set. We managed to do it well and so it was the perfect 3rd July.

Have you been focused in Wimbledon from the start mainly on the doubles?

PETZSCHNER: No, the other way round. For both of us singles was the main priority. When someone would have gone far in the tournament like Jürgen in Paris, we would have thought about stop to play doubles. But then we both lost in the singles, he against Federer, I against Nadal, the two best singles players. Then we said to ourselves that we now would try to go as far as possible in the doubles. But never in our wildest dreams we thought we could win.

Is the doubles title less worth than the one in singles?

PETZSCHNER: That’s how you see it from the outside. When you in Germany had a winner in Wimbledon in the singles then you „only“ won the doubles. But every player can confirm: To win Wimbledon once is so exceptional that it really doesn’t matter whether it is in singles or doubles. There are many good players around who would like to have this experience at least once.

How did Melzer and you found together?

PETZSCHNER: We are good friends since 2 years. We split from our doubles partners in the last year as we said that we wanted to focus in 2010 on our careers in the singles. We have the same fitness coach and that’s where we met in October 2009 and Jürgen asked me whether we could play doubles it if would suit into our schedule. Then we reached the 3rd round of the Australian Open and won in Zagreb. So we saw that it worked.

You have said after the final: „As long as we are friends we are playing together.“ Is it necessary for a doubles to be friends?

PETZSCHNER: It is not essential, but it helps us. We are both emotional guys and complement each other. When I feel bad he knows what he has to say to get me out of the hole. The other way round it’s the same.

You were seen as the upcoming star when you were a junior and then as the eternal talent. Just now, with 26 years, you are nearing the top of the rankings. What have you changed?

PETZSCHNER: I had other priorities earlier on. I always played good tennis, but have never seen it as THE job and therefore didn’t do everything for it. I have seen it more relaxed and thought it would work this way. My life would be beautiful as it is. That was the mistake. 2 or 3 years ago I sat together with my wife and my manager and said: I need a team of excellence around me, who would work with me. 4 years ago I was ranked #400 in the world. Meanwhile I have reached the 30ies. I have become a good worker, although I will never be the grafter as others are. But I have completely geared my life to tennis.

Are you more satisfied now than in previous times?

PETZSCHNER: Absolutely. Success always gives you satisfaction in your job and additional motivation. I don’t want to miss my old life though. I have experienced a lot, many funny anecdotes, but not successful ones. The time was great, but you have to grow up. Better late than never. To be honest: I should have made this decision already 2 or 3 years earlier. But I can’t change it. Now I have 5 or 6 years ahead of me where I can play tennis on a very high level.

Was there a sporting turning point?

PETZSCHNER: I had a little bit luck at the beginning of my second career. I could qualify for the US Open, had a great match against Tommy Haas and was allowed to play Daviscup 3 weeks later. That was a defining experience. You go out there, hear your name and they play the national anthem for you. There you get hungry for more of those apperances.

At the moment you can’t play for Germany because you haven’t signed the athletes agreement for reporting obligation for doping controls.

PETZSCHNER: There’s no problem at all. I discharge every demands of the ITP and ATP. I just said that I don’t play Daviscup in 2010 in order to push my career in singles. The Daviscup doesn’t fit into my tournament schedule. It was a difficult step to abandon the national team. But I think I can help the team in the next years a lot. From 2011 I’m available again.

So it wasn’t a decision against the control system?

PETZSCHNER: No. I don’t want a special treatment. It got mispresented from the media and the association. It was a decision for my tennis, for me as a player. I get still controlled, also in Wimbledon, with a blood test and everything else. 2011 I’m going to sign the agreement like every player, even though it is cracked.

What’s your aim for the ranking? You are currently #38.

PETZSCHNER: 2010 Top 30, 2011 Top 20. My coaches and my team are convinced that it can go really high. Whether I can go to #27, #19 or #13 – I just want to play as good as I can.
German source: http://www.ksta.de/html/artikel/1277385931150.shtml
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #1581
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute

Linsted&Tecau.vs.Melzer&Petzschner.Wimbledon.2010. doubles.final (8 parts)
was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:06 AM   #1582
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, thanks a lot, Eden!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:46 AM   #1583
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome article

The first time I tried to read it, I about burned my house down The nice read distracted me from realizing my bread got stuck in the toaster. Thankfully the flames and their partner plumes of smoke brought me to my senses.

It's good to hear that at least he was more interested in the third set than the WC results.
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #1584
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

My Pictures of Philipp from Stuttgart.

More here!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:53 PM   #1585
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute

Those are some hot photos Thanks for sharing them

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfnpump View Post
There should definitely be a separate thread for photos like these. Maybe better than shirtless.

Fran, have you ever seen Petzsche handling a hose before?
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:02 AM   #1586
country flag Truc

No, they usually don't need to water the courts in Hamburg. ^^
Those even are my first Petzsche shirtless pics ever, thanks a lot, Bastian!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #1587
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

That was not ideal. He didn't have to do much in the first set, but in the second Montanes was much more solid while errors started to creep into Philipp's game. Third set was the same, too many errors, seemed like a dozen of his forehands hit the tape in the third set.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #1588
country flag Truc

I thought he played well in the first set. I agree Monty helped nicely, but Philipp was doing a good job too.
He looked so disappointed and totally perplexed by his collapse and his poor play in sets 2 and 3 during the little interview after the match, poor guy. He badly wanted to do well there after his Wimby run.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #1589
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, you could see he was really mad while on a changeover when down in the third set. I think most of his frustration was from the fact that he felt comfortable and in control of the match until he just made a couple of errors out of nowhere and lost the second set.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #1590
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

I was away for some time and somehow missed the Wimby doubles. Very belated congratulations to Philipp and Jürgen.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote