WWW AO QF: Djokovic vs. Berdych - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Well?

Djokovic in 3 54 30.68%
Djokovic in 4 58 32.95%
Djokovic in 5 14 7.95%
Berdych in 3 13 7.39%
Berdych in 4 31 17.61%
Berdych in 5 6 3.41%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #106
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW AO QF: Djokovic vs. Berdych

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Nadal did have a day's rest. A day and a half in fact
Not really. That match finished well after 2 am in the morning meaning that Nadal likely won't have got to bed until early Saturday morning. That's the day gone. Doesn't count. There is nothing to defend here. That recovery was down to him being the physical specimen he is. Same thing with Nole. You just have to work hard and what would seem miraculous to us becomes the new normal to you.
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #107
country flag 70-68

70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
it's not about being tired. 2011 nole would win against stan in three tight sets. his level is not good enough this year.
so far, fed and murray seem to be in better form.
It was only one bad match from him, so lets wait.

But have to agree with the first part. The Djoker is still the man to beat, but his level is just simply not as good as in 2011, and it makes him more vurnelable vs. mugs, and really beatable vs. Fed/Nadal/Murray.
70-68 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #108
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
he will have 3 days rest after SF.........
If he gets there (I think he will) .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #109
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Not really. That match finished well after 2 am in the morning meaning that Nadal likely won't have got to bed until early Saturday morning. That's the day gone. Doesn't count. There is nothing to defend here. That recovery was down to him being the physical specimen he is. Same thing with Nole. You just have to work hard and what would seem miraculous to us becomes the new normal to you.
Good point.

But Nadal was a natural specimen of the physical sort.

Novak made himself something of that same sort. As far as the physical side of tennis is concerned, together, they have taken the sport to another level altogether.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #110
country flag cveks

cveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well that is what real tennis fans pay to see...
this! Others can go watch snooker

If Berdych can't keep a double break lead I'm done with tennis.
Djokovic took set 6-4 against Berdych.

Quote:
“Does Djokovic resemble myself?” Agassi said. “No, he is even better. He defends really well, while I struggled more in that element of the game. Novak looks totally relaxed when defending, completely calm and the quality of his return is incredible. He is also extremely flexible in his game, which is facilitated by his ability to anticipate his rival’s moves. That is why I think he is a much more versatile player than I was and he is also much more athletic.”
cveks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #111
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Berdych can capatalise on Djokovic's mental and physical fatigue.

Knowing how much of a chocker Berdych is against anyone not named Federer, it seems unlikely even if Djokovic's match today finished 10 minutes before the QF on Tuesday.

Anyone remember his chokes against Nadal last year?
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #112
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Coming from you, I am totally surprised at this speculation. You actually think Berdych can stretch Nole to five?
Coming from me? Am I some kind of Berdych or Djokovic hater or something? Berdych has been playing really good tennis and Novak not so much. Of course it is a new day, and it might reverse but you never know with Berdych anyways. I'll stick with it.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #113
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Although I'm something of a fan of birdshit I have to say that for the sake of tennis Nole has to win this. If Berdych wins then Ferrer is a guaranteed finalist...Nothing more needs to be said regarding such a prospect...
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #114
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Although I'm something of a fan of birdshit I have to say that for the sake of tennis Nole has to win this. If Berdych wins then Ferrer is a guaranteed finalist...Nothing more needs to be said regarding such a prospect...
More variety in tennis finalists is a welcoming prospect.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #115
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Berdych isn't winning anything. He's never been able to solve the Nole puzzle. Still seething at not being drawn to face Rogi.
What puzzle. Serve well & hit as hard and accurate as you can, puzzle solved. Just look at what Stan did today. And Berdych hits harder than him. Still takes a lot of patience, concentration and clean hitting to hit through a defender or Nole's caliber of course but it could be done.

By the way, how hilarious would it be if Nole won this but had to fight hard for it, only to then lose to a fresh Ferrer.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #116

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Coming from me? Am I some kind of Berdych or Djokovic hater or something? Berdych has been playing really good tennis and Novak not so much. Of course it is a new day, and it might reverse but you never know with Berdych anyways. I'll stick with it.
No. 'Coming from you' because you are a good analyst, and considering Berdych's H2H vs Nole and the fact that he chokes up best opportunities against any of the top 4 not named Federer, its hard to see your through your line of reasoning.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Old 01-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #117
country flag RajFederer

RajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Berdych aint pushing this even to a 4 setter..

what wawrinka played today is beyond words... with this game... wawrinka would have finished berdych in 3 easy sets
RajFederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
What puzzle. Serve well & hit as hard and accurate as you can, puzzle solved. Just look at what Stan did today. And Berdych hits harder than him. Still takes a lot of patience, concentration and clean hitting to hit through a defender or Nole's caliber of course but it could be done
Berdych is a greater case of nerves than STan. He can hit harder, no doubt but he'll wind up over hitting. He usually does. And it is most apparent on important points. What can he do - he's only a more balanced ball basher than before but a ball basher nonetheless. His instinct is still largely to go for it. Stan has greater control over the primal urge.

Quote:
By the way, how hilarious would it be if Nole won this but had to fight hard for it, only to then lose to a fresh Ferrer.
More fodder for Lenders and co.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #119
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajFederer View Post
Berdych aint pushing this even to a 4 setter..

what wawrinka played today is beyond words... with this game... wawrinka would have finished berdych in 3 easy sets
You haven't even watched a match with Berdych in this AO then. His level is way above Wawrinkas for this tournament.

Djokovic will have to play crazy good to not drop 1, 2 or 3 sets to Berdych. He is the world nr1 for a reason so it would be foolish to say he cannot but if Berdych just maintains the level he had in R3 and R4 Djokovic got his hands full to just survive.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #120
country flag RajFederer

RajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
You haven't even watched a match with Berdych in this AO then. His level is way above Wawrinkas for this tournament.

Djokovic will have to play crazy good to not drop 1, 2 or 3 sets to Berdych. He is the world nr1 for a reason so it would be foolish to say he cannot but if Berdych just maintains the level he had in R3 and R4 Djokovic got his hands full to just survive.
yeah... i dint watch berdych.. but did he seriously face a tough opponent like what stan did today??.. Kevin anderson?? .. thats it..

the test of nerves and courage to hold on till the end comes when he play the big match in 2 days againt Novak.. lets see if he can do a Wawrinka..
RajFederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote