AO R4: Novak Djokovic def Stan Wawrinka 1-6 7-5 6-4 6-7(5-7) 12-10 - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #256
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO R4:Novak Clutchovic def Stan 'da man' 1-6 7-5 6-4 6-7(5-7) 12-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Water View Post
Pinktards are understandably heartbroken because Djokovic is the only nightmare standing between federer and 18th cake.
I do hope Murray will take the trash out
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #257
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonko View Post
The way he is playing Fedmug would have beat him. Its the same style as wawrinka but sharper winners.
Fed? Nah. Federer would not win a set. I am not impressed with his level of play... Fed is getting older. We fans better get used to it Federer from 3/4 years ago would smoke Nole but not Federer of today.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #258
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was very close, more out than in.
Not according to Hawkeye. Plain as day - it was in. Terrible call.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #259
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiTennis View Post
lol so you have to see more matches, the match was really incredible, but the best ever in the open era?
yeah I agree certainly not the best ever, but we can say this is one of the best matches in the last couple of years. I was asleep in last years SF's and F at Australian Open, but this match was pretty freaking riveting throughout. I mean Stan winning the fourth set tiebreak when in previous meeting's he's 0-6 in tiebreaks against Djokovic!? just the drama, everything, can't get more tense

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #260
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Novak's presser:

Q. You've been involved in some pretty dramatic matches, here especially. Where does that one rank, and how pleased are you to come out of it alive?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it definitely ranks right at the top. One of the longest, most interesting, and most exciting matches I played in my career.

You know, he had many chances to be the winner of this match. He had a better start; he had a lot of break balls in the third; he was a break up; he was the one being aggressive, being in the court.

All the credit to him. I feel sorry that one of us had to lose. He definitely deserved to win.

But I'm just thrilled to be able to fight once again up to the last moment. The fact is that I haven't played nearly my best and I didn't feel well on the court in terms of rhythm and ball striking.

But the credit to him, he made me run all over the court. He never gave me the same ball. He was aggressive from both sides. I didn't know what's coming up next. So I'm just really full of joy after this match.

Q. You changed your shoes after the first set. Did that make a big difference?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, started slipping on the court during the first and beginning of second. Yeah, I don't know.

I changed the shoes, but to be honest, I mean, that's not the reason why I started maybe better. I just refocused.

And even though when I was 6 1, 5 2 down, I believed that I can come back if I am two sets down. I've been in those situations before. I was just outplayed by my opponent. He was better on the court for first hour and a half, no question about it.

In this circumstances when you're not playing the way you want to play, you just try to fight and hope for the best.

Q. How much do you think all those matches you've won like this in recent years helped you out in the fifth set like that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It helps you, I guess, mentally in the end the most because it is physically very demanding for both of us. Obviously, we pushed each other to the limit.

But in the end these kind of matches, after five hours, definitely help your confidence. As I said on the court, these are the matches that you live for, you practice for. You want to be on the center court and play on such a high level for five hours.

It's incredible.

Q. When you ripped your shirt off, can you describe the emotion?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I just had flashback of 2012 in the finals. It was maybe 45 minutes less this match than the one 12 months ago, but still it was still as exciting. I guess everybody enjoyed the match. I tried to perform my best, you know, enjoy the moment, be in the present, and couldn't ask for more. What a match point. Unbelievable.

Q. Had you always suspected Stan had this quality in him?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I always knew he has a quality. He has ability to beat the best players in the world, and he has proven that on several occasions on different surfaces.

He's been around for a while. He's using that power and the serve. He's really moving well over the court. He's reading the game.

So he came up with a great tactics today. As I said, he didn't give me a lot of same rhythm that I could, you know, kind of get into the match. He was the one being in charge. I was passive. I changed that style. Everything else you saw.

Q. How tired were you? Were you more tired tonight than last year in the final?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No. I mean, last year after the whole tournament, last year I was definitely exhausted, you know, after the whole tournament.

But tonight there is no doubt I'm not very fresh. It's normal to expect after five hours of play.

But still I've been in those situations before. I remember most recently, four months ago when I won against Murray in the semis after five hours, and then played against Rafa almost six hours.

I know I can recover. I know I have it in me. I wasn't too much worried about the physical part. I was ready for it. I was ready to go the distance, and I've done so. Hopefully I can take that day off tomorrow and recover for quarters.

Q. Men's tennis has generated such a level of interest. The reactions to it straightaway and during were incredible. It's almost, can we get any better.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I'm just pleased to be part of that era, just pleased to be part of those matches where you push yourself up to the last drop of your energy.

I'm very glad to be a winner of another marathon.

Q. Andy told us he heard after that semifinal last year you woke up at 3:00 the next afternoon.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah.

Q. Do you think it will be the same tomorrow?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I guess so. What is it, 2 a.m.? I don't know if any of you guys have something for me to sleep better, I don't know. I'm ready for any suggestions.

Q. Red wine.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I guess I'm going to skip the morning hours and stay in the bed
Eden is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #261
country flag vn01

vn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond repute

That was an outstanding battle. Both players have their good periods in the match, both deserve to be praised for the effort they made. Stan was really inspired and had his chances, but Djokovic is a beast in such matches.
After these 5 hours of play, Djoko may not be in best form against Berdych, which could give the Czech some little advantage. Who knows?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #262
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
and Molina made the call it's not like Novak told Molina to call it out and forbid Stan to challenge.............lol
Saberq is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #263
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
please do we dont need people like you in this great country
Of course, a new Rome. Filled with idiots and going down like the Titanic. The fattest, dumbest people in the world live here. So zip it about my country. And what does it have to do with my comment? Me being an American does not change my opinion about Nole one bit.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire

Last edited by SheepleBuster : 01-21-2013 at 12:21 AM.
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #264
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then Djokovic is a cheater. Simple as that.
Then so is Stan over all the calls he didn't admit were in on his line that Novak successfully challenged. You really need to grow up and stop having temper tantrums
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #265
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how did he cheat?please explain you mug?
By claiming the ball was in when it was not. I don't like cheaters. Don't care who it is.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #266
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
One of the best matches I've ever seen. So clutch from Stan

Fakervic is a disgusting human being however. All the old antics came out plus some new ones. He is a disgrace to tennis, let's pray Berdych takes out the trash next round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Camel View Post
Just unfair.
Wawrinka deserved this match.
He played so brilliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by patalala View Post
despite my intense Novak stanning, I am gutted and heartbroken for Stan. I fully support him now.

But wow this match.... Worthy of the final.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa is the GOAT View Post
Crying for stan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDW View Post
Better player lost!

Wav played out of his mind! Some of the winners he came up with were unreal! He just couldn't find the balance in the end.

Stan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverer View Post
disgusting robbery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
This is a wrong result if there ever was any!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Stan ((((
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGOAT View Post
I hate you Djokovic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Uhm... surely you missed the robbery at 4-4 where Stan broke Nole only to have Molina mention it was out and convincing Wawa not to challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolio_Jack View Post
Tennis can be so unfair sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlar77 View Post
Oh Stan, you really should have won this one.

Djokovic, keep your shirt on you bone rack, no one wants to see it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
Umpire can expect a big bag of money from Djokovic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
Better player lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post
So, so sad for Stan.
There is comfort in the thought that he would be completely useless in the next round, Novak still might make it a match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I did not see that! How unfair is that!!!!!
Quote:
Nole won't get away in the later rounds. Wait and see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
6-1 5-3 30-0, 4 missed serves followed by 4 UEs on second or third shot in exchange, form is temporary, class is permanent... Stanislas Wawrinka. Everybody who thinks to feel sorry for him should remember that game.

On the other side huge win for Djokovic but pity to see player ranked #1 most of the time during 5 hours match running from side to side and praying for mercy like some cheap bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGun View Post
Better player today lost.

I'm so so sad for Stan... Terrible.
Quote:
It was disgusting. However, Stan should've challenged regardless what that ump said
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOFH View Post
Well played Molina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Nole the great is about to fall, I said he would win this tourney before when he machine gunned Harrison, but now I don't think he will after this performance, if he keeps playing like this, then Berdych surely can beat him, Almagro can, Ferrer can, Tsonga can, Federer can and Murray can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Stan had to play too many stunning shots to win points on the Plexicushion, yet still took it all the way.

Bad umpiring. Nole fought well despite being outplayed for long spells as you'd expect from such a champ.

Luckily for #1, he has his pet dog Berdych next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gris View Post
Stan
Molina,what a f***ing disgrace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Stan was robbed really, oh well..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Like I said, Djokovic has 0% chance of winning AO this year

Saying Stan put in a great effort would be an understatement, can never say he's not a fighter. Better player today.
Quote:
Cheatervic actually lost this match. Wawa won it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Disgusting really. When will luckovic's luck end?!
Quote:
Don't think Nole will win AO, he's not as fit as last 2 yrs. The way he is missing balls shows the weakness. If today was berdych would be upset. O wait he plays berdych next haha..
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsojose View Post
Molina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
Sad to see Stan cramping while trying his hardest. That's what a normal human being looks like after 4 1/2 hours of hard play. Fakervic on the other hand was sliding and stretching as if nothing had happened. I'm sure he'll be completely fresh for the QF as well. Some of the technology that's legal, like the magic egg pod, is killing this sport for hardworking, fair minded guys like Wawrkinka. What a shame.
Quote:
More like Cheatervic cheated his way to an undeservered victory. That ball was in, Djoko was broken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounccer View Post
And don't forget that Djokovic won't sleep until probably like 4.am. It will be very hard. He has Berdych, Ferrer and Murray/Tsonga/Federer to beat in a row.
Quote:
Stan was robbed, ROBBED.
Quote:
Again, he didn't win this match. He lost it. He cheated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iniesta896 View Post
Berdych will school Djokovic in 3 sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Quote:
daylight robbery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Molina helping 'Big Four' player NID. Got to have the big Djoker-Murray/Federer final
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Just unfair. Stan was clearly the better player. Unfortunate for him that he has certain mental issues, and Molina on the opposite side. Djokovic was a douche on that point showing at the wrong mark and acting all confident it was out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Disgusting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetFan View Post
Terrible umpiring once again by Molina , disgraceful stuff.
Quote:
Then he was robbed by the linejudge

No way would Nole have won that point if the correct (non) call would've been made. Period. Did his shot even get over the net?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverer View Post
amazing athlete this Novak
Quote:
No Molina, Nole goes home. Nole didn't win this - Molina gave it to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
By the way, let's just pretend it is normal to run like a horse after 5 hours... I am sure it is just diet stuff.
Quote:
Indeed, he cheated when he claimed that ball was out. Molina helped him. Djoko should withdraw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
All luck, this cheater Djokovic!

But, Man, what a great match. I must admit that I thought for sure Wawrinka was gonna fold after losing the 2nd set. Oh boy, glad I was wrong. I really wanted him to win after all the effort he showed. Djokovic got lucky. But luck is also part of the game. And it was a very nice match point to end a great match.

thoroughly entertained. so fun. I love this game!

Next.
Quote:
Hawkeye showed that the ball was clearly in. Djoko was broken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcempire View Post
Horrible result, I don't like it go to the way...

Stan has so many great chance in second set but just can't get it done. and miss huge chance again in fifth set
Quote:
And that call just happened to save Djoko. Anyways, Djoko did not deserve to take this match - Wawa won it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
It is what it is. But let's face it. Nole is on his way to lose his 3 grand slam final in 4 tries. The most overrated #1 player with the most annoying fans.
Quote:
Then Djokovic is a cheater. Simple as that.
Quote:
So you admit then Djoko lost tonight. Rest my case. TYVM. Any other Djoko fans want to stand up for their hero cheating? Anybody?

nick the greek is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #267
country flag choppaa

choppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond reputechoppaa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The way he is playing Fedmug would have beat him. Its the same style as wawrinka but sharper winners.
Stan has more power than Fed but worse serve and movement. It woudn't be the same match.
choppaa is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #268
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So why did Djoko claim that ball was out?

Djoko was broken. It's disappointing that Molina stole the match from Wawa who earned it fair and square.
Learn tennis rules then whine.

Bitterness is strong in this one.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #269
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
Eric Molina is a great guy and this ball was not 100% in, neither 100% out, we couldn't say without the hawk.
Said no one ever...

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #270
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
bad calls / mistakes are going to happen. the real mistake is that the umpire basically recommended Stan not challenge. I don't really care WHICH WAY he recommended, just that he did it at all. umpires are not supposed to have an affect on how well players do, players are supposed to make challenging decisions entirely on their own and in this case it obviously showed why - there can be big effects, positive or negative, based on the umps advice

but let's not exaggerate, the point would have been replayed and in the end possibly, maybe even likely, would have had no baring on the result of the match

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread