AO ´13 - High point of an era? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default AO ´13 - High point of an era?

After the first two/three rounds of AO, it seems that there are several players that have hit good form - Djokovic has been playing effortlessly and with the aura of RF in his best days, Murray has improved his forehand to such a degree that he looks like the complete package now, Federer has been tremendous in his serving up until now, Nadal´s handicap in golf has never been better, Del Potro looks like a man on a mission and even Berdych has been missing his trademark erraticness. Might we be looking at the best Major of the last couple of years and the next couple of years as well?

Of course, the real fun will be in bumping this thread in two weeks time when it turns out that this tournament was tremendously boring, but that´s predictions for ya
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO ´13 - High point of an era?

But Rafa is missing.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Last year's AO final was the pinnacle of this era. Epic grindfest and the best display of stamina and physical endurance ever seen during a major final. In 50 years when people ask what this era was about, they will be pointed to that match as an example.

I am hoping that Nadal's knees, the rise of Murray, etc. is the start of a slow transition in the game to a new era where physicality again takes a back seat to technical ability.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
I am hoping that Nadal's knees, the rise of Murray, etc. is the start of a slow transition in the game to a new era where physicality again takes a back seat to technical ability.
That cannot happen, unless techniques that fight against physicality are developed. That may mean development of the rackets, and maybe of the courts themselves. In 50 years tennis may combine both physical elements of today (or even better) with technical abilities of tomorrow.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote