Djokovic on Armstrong, cycling, doping etc - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #151
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic on Armstrong, cycling, doping etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
This was actually his post-match interview, but they barely asked anything about the match itself
Indeed - I thought it was inappropriate to dwell on Armstrong immediately after he finished a tennis match.

This stuff should be asked, but at in the press conference where there is enough time to meander into other subjects.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #152
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakasi View Post
I genuinely don't understand comments like this. Have you not been reading the numbers people have been writing about the testing sytem in tennis? About how infrequent and ineffective it is?

It's no conspiracy theory, it's plain facts. It would be incredibly easy to get around the testing in tennis and dope. That much is indisputable really.
Well, if I understood correctly, in cycling it was super-frequent and yet a huge group of people were doped up to their eyeballs, and got caught by pure accident almost. That doesn't sound like something effective to me.

Perhaps tennis players should be tested during the match? I mean they take bathroom breaks anyway
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #153
country flag ServeAlready81

ServeAlready81 has a reputation beyond reputeServeAlready81 has a reputation beyond reputeServeAlready81 has a reputation beyond reputeServeAlready81 has a reputation beyond reputeServeAlready81 has a reputation beyond reputeServeAlready81 has a reputation beyond reputeServeAlready81 has a reputation beyond reputeServeAlready81 has a reputation beyond reputeServeAlready81 has a reputation beyond reputeServeAlready81 has a reputation beyond reputeServeAlready81 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the majority of top 100 players on BOTH tours are using HGH and EPO.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #154
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Blood transfusions also. Miraculous recoveries after epic matches seem to suggest this no?
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #155
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Blood transfusions also. Miraculous recoveries after epic matches seem to suggest this no?
Like there were no epic matches in the past? All top players used to play both singles and doubles, 5 sets masters etc, yet I don't remember anyone here doubting 80s or 90s players.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 01-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #156
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Like there were no epic matches in the past? All top players used to play both singles and doubles, 5 sets masters etc, yet I don't remember anyone here doubting 80s or 90s players.
You have GOT to be kidding me?

Of course there is massive speculation/cases about various stimulant use in this era. EPO wasn't even detectable at that point, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was in the mix.

Also, the courts were not slow as hell everywhere back in those days. Less endurance required.

If its too good to be true, then it probably is.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #157
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko05 View Post
I don't know about Djokovic,Federer,Nadal & Murray(guys that concern us the most), but I'll tell you something about your hero Armstrong:

you can take all his trophies, his 125+ millions and all the misery of people he used to bully throughout his career and shove up your arse!
HUH? Misery? How about all the cancer research, millions raised for charity, hope he's given those with deadly disease? How about all the lives he's saved?

You trolls here really need to beef up your skills in creating a decent argument.

Armstrong isn't evil and the only ones he's made miserable are the ones who attacked him for doing what everyone else in the sport was doing at the time.

Go back to trollin' the GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickmartins View Post
A certain Mr. Eddy Merckx send his warm regards. Armstrong is no more than a psychopath obsessed with winning at any cost.
He can send his regards...I'll send him the record books and ask who has the most TDF wins. Lance is the greatest ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
so...djokovic is a hypocrite and armstrong is a hero.

ok.
Djokovic is a HYPOCRITE.

Lance is a HERO.

Can anyone really argue that statement?

1 guy has raised millions for cancer research through his charity and spear headed an effort to promote a healthy lifestyle.

Another guy is just a pompous ass running his mouth and doesn't even have a charity to speak of...even though he's made millions. He's talking about how people should suffer for cheating...meanwhile he's faked injuries a million times to try to gain an upper hand in matches, gosh if that's not cheating I don't know what is.

Lance hero.

Novak Hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Americans believe anything their media feeds them
American's are bees knees dude... also we're the richest, most highly developed country in the world. Um, but yea we blindly believe the media and are slaves to the television. We totally suck and are dumb...

Just like how you don't watch tennis or understand the game. You clearly didn't watch Lance, the tour or much cycling. I don't know what that has to do with the media or Americans but I'll just smile and nod the next time you post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I presume this is meant sarcastically, but just in case someone misunderstand and believes it - Armstrong was never listed among the ten best cyclists ever by merits before his titles were stripped away. This from lists made by cycling aficionados.
WTF!? I mean it seriously, I suppose your post was suppose to be meant as incompetent. Most Tour De France wins ever...yea, but he wasn't the best cyclist in the history of the sport. Hmm...I also think that Andre Agassi was the greatest tennis player ever based on my opinion I mean using an empirical measurement like number of weeks at number 1, slam wins, titles etc. That's just stupid, I'll pickout who I like and just say they are the best ever.

Nice post. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
There is no doping going on in tennis.
LOL. Yea, do you believe in Santa Claus too?
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #158
country flag pierricbross

pierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond reputepierricbross has a reputation beyond repute

Almost every world famous althete is raising millions for cancer/starving kids/poor families/other diseases etc. That doesn't make it any less fantastic, but it doesn't excuse Lance Armstrong from criticism either (even if he was the only one), neither does 'oh everyone else doped!!!'.
pierricbross is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #159
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
Djokovic is a HYPOCRITE.

Lance is a HERO.

1 guy has raised millions for cancer research through his charity and spear headed an effort to promote a healthy lifestyle.

Another guy is just a pompous ass running his mouth and doesn't even have a charity to speak of...even though he's made millions. He's talking about how people should suffer for cheating...meanwhile he's faked injuries a million times to try to gain an upper hand in matches, gosh if that's not cheating I don't know what is.

Lance hero.

Novak Hypocrite.
Lol, if anyone is pompous that would be you, can't even grasp simple facts As for the charity:

Quote:
13. 09. 2012. · Novak Djokovic Foundation raised $1,400,000 at its first-ever fundraising dinner held at Capitale in New York last night.
Quote:
October 16 2012 at 01:11pm
By SAPA
REUTERS

Tokyo – Serbia’s Novak Djokovic, aiming to finish the year as the world number-one, said Tuesday he was getting inspiration from a $10 million charity tie up with a Japanese clothing firm.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #160
country flag caisenma

caisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond repute

Novak is spot on... Its refreshing to hear someone in his position be blunt.
caisenma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #161
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

‏@JohnIsner
So....shall I still wear this?

Old 01-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #162
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Djokovic is a HYPOCRITE.

Lance is a HERO.

Lance hero.

Novak Hypocrite.
I can see clearly that you only want to see what you see.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #163
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
HUH? Misery? How about all the cancer research, millions raised for charity, hope he's given those with deadly disease? How about all the lives he's saved?

You trolls here really need to beef up your skills in creating a decent argument.

Armstrong isn't evil and the only ones he's made miserable are the ones who attacked him for doing what everyone else in the sport was doing at the time.

Go back to trollin' the GM.

He can send his regards...I'll send him the record books and ask who has the most TDF wins. Lance is the greatest ever.

Djokovic is a HYPOCRITE.

Lance is a HERO.

Lance hero.

Novak Hypocrite.

American's are bees knees dude... also we're the richest, most highly developed country in the world. Um, but yea we blindly believe the media and are slaves to the television. We totally suck and are dumb...

Just like how you don't watch tennis or understand the game. You clearly didn't watch Lance, the tour or much cycling. I don't know what that has to do with the media or Americans but I'll just smile and nod the next time you post.

this post is wrong on so many levels
Oh and...you need help.Seriously.
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #164
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WTF!? I mean it seriously, I suppose your post was suppose to be meant as incompetent. Most Tour De France wins ever...yea, but he wasn't the best cyclist in the history of the sport. Hmm...I also think that Andre Agassi was the greatest tennis player ever based on my opinion I mean using an empirical measurement like number of weeks at number 1, slam wins, titles etc. That's just stupid, I'll pickout who I like and just say they are the best ever.
Then you know precious little about cycling. Merckx won eleven Grand Tours - eleven is better than seven, in much the same way seven Wimbledons by a tennis player with nothing to back them up wouldn't beat Borg's eleven. Plus, Merckx has 22 wins in the biggest one-day races, the monuments (19) plus the world championships (3), compared to Armstrong's one - the WC 1993. Merckx is so much better it is no surprise there were room for several others in between, such as Coppi, Hinault, Anquetil, Bartali, Gilmondi, Kelly....
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #165
country flag LleytonMonfils

LleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To be fair hardly if any of the $ raised went to cancer research

And a hero doesn't ruins people's lives and collect millions of dollars constantly trying to cover up a lie. Lance is no hero.
LleytonMonfils is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote