Australian Open R3: Anderson d. [22] Verdasco 4-6, 6-3, 4-6, 7-6(4), 6-2 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #46
country flag Yandr001

Yandr001 has a reputation beyond reputeYandr001 has a reputation beyond reputeYandr001 has a reputation beyond reputeYandr001 has a reputation beyond reputeYandr001 has a reputation beyond reputeYandr001 has a reputation beyond reputeYandr001 has a reputation beyond reputeYandr001 has a reputation beyond reputeYandr001 has a reputation beyond reputeYandr001 has a reputation beyond reputeYandr001 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open R3: Anderson d. [22] Verdasco 4-6, 6-3, 4-6, 7-6(4), 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoparrat View Post
The point Anderson broke Verdasco's serve in the second set was RIDICULOUS. Nando was fuming about something that happened in the previous point that gave Anderson the break point; looked like something was happening in the stands. Then he serves, Anderson hits a backhand down the line that was clearly going way wide, the ball hits the top of the net post, lands in near the service line, Nando hits it down the line and rushes the net, only to get lobbed to go down a break. If I was Nando I'd just lose it right there and then but he held it together-ish.
Verdasco had actually just been given a warning for coaching. His camp kept talking and talking to him, so the umpire had apparently told him that his coach either needs to stop talking, or speak loudly enough for the umpire to understand what he's saying, or stick to Vamos. Well, the coach again said something to Verdasco that the umpire couldn't hear so the umpire gave him a warning for coaching. Verdasco was not happy, but yes, he did actually manage to regroup after that (at 4-4 in the tie-break he was three points from taking the match). Kudos to the umpire though, although the question remains whether they will apply the rules (coaching, 25 second rule, etc) as strictly against the top players (i.e., Nadal), but I guess that's another matter.
Yandr001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #47
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open R3: Anderson d. [22] Verdasco 4-6, 6-3, 4-6, 7-6(4), 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGun View Post
Andersen is not exactly what I would call a "talentless freak." A bit of a ballbasher, but a quite talented one.
In all fairness, he's not a ballbasher at all. Every shot in that fifth was thought upon, selected and executed.

THE NOSE WILL PREVAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
FEDERER GASQUET NALBANDIANGOFFIN
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #48
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin starting the season really well.Now take out Birdshit.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #49
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute

Sad thing about this is that Verdasco actually could've easily won it in the 4th. As a supporter, I was glad to see he played pretty well at some stages of the match, actually playing smart but not giving up at all on attacking and getting some awesome DTL winners. Anderson was just more solid in the end, showed great stamina throughout the match and, all in all, was playing at a high level himself at times. I know some things never change but, really, how i wish Fernando would be a little more pacient, less anxious and more mentally stable during these draining hard fought matches.
Vinceremo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #50
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
he's talented at serving and ripping the ball apart, regardless of the landing position of the latter.

he's among the most talented serve bot bashers indeed, there are only 3-4 of them in the top 100, despite probably hundreds would like to make it as far as Anderson with nothing but a serve.

I personally prefer multyfaceted players, with more than Karlovic and Anderson.

I would watch Simon - Monfils compared to Anderson - Karlovic, to say how disgusting this kind of style is.

It's like comparing Shaq to Dwayne in terms of basketball talent. One is a giant who couldn't throw the ball in a pool from 5 meters and the other one is an actual basketball player.

Same goes for tennis and a comparison between Anderson and 97% of the top 100.
Lol, Anderson is not a hit or miss player. That is Raonic. He knows when to just put the ball in play and he goes for more percentage shots.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #51
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
well that's understandable If they both bring their A-game, I believe Verdasco would win, but not easily.
No, A game against A game Anderson wins. B Game to B Game Verdasco has the slight advantage. C Game and below Verdasco wins.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #52
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Fishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
I feel bad for fiasco considering the efforts he's made to improve his game but can't help feel that the "curse of milos" still hangs around his neck like an albatross. He must apologize and clear his conscience.
at that nickname. Can I use it too?

I'm glad for this result, Anderson has been playing very good tennis.
Fishnet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote