Djokovic SF streak.. - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #31
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic SF streak..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Soup View Post
yeah, I back you on that.

I miss court variety. Court homogenisation is destroying tennis.
Djokovic can play on any speed with zero resistance in that era except Roger and Nadal on clay he would make every one............2003-2007 is probably the weakest era in the last 20 years.........Hell mugs like Nalbandian,Haas are hailed as supreme players just because they were the only one except Rafa to challenge Federer......Give me a break..........Also court speed was almost the same back then in reverse......Everything was fast.......AO,US Open,Wimbledon,Masters evens except clay?How is that fair?Please tell me
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #32
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Djokovic can play on any speed with zero resistance in that era except Roger and Nadal on clay he would make every one............2003-2007 is probably the weakest era in the last 20 years.........Hell mugs like Nalbandian,Haas are hailed as supreme players just because they were the only one except Rafa to challenge Federer......Give me a break..........Also court speed was almost the same back then in reverse......Everything was fast.......AO,US Open,Wimbledon,Masters evens except clay?How is that fair?Please tell me
When did you start watching tennis? 2003-2007 was slower than 1990-2002. If you want to call that unfair, it is not because it was too fast. The slower courts of today has nothing to do with fairness, it's simply what the powers that be thinks the audience wants. It would be just as fair to play on super fast surfaces.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #33
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
Surface homogenisation has made such a joke out of the tour.
Yep. Who knows how many Career slams we will see in the future.

As for the SF streak, at this rate, Djokovic could end up breaking Federer's streak.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #34
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
When did you start watching tennis? 2003-2007 was slower than 1990-2002. If you want to call that unfair, it is not because it was too fast. The slower courts of today has nothing to do with fairness, it's simply what the powers that be thinks the audience wants. It would be just as fair to play on super fast surfaces.
I know they were slower than the 90s but it was still similar in speed as is today.....Just 10 years ago it was all similar fast now similar slow.....
Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #35
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
Weak Era.
Bigger SF streak indicates weaker era, got it.
I already knew it but this just proves it once more. Thank you.
The Fearhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #36
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonko View Post
Nadal will end this in RG 2013 as 5th seed!

That's possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Depends on which tardbase you belong to

Good one
Old 01-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #37
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal to end his run at RG

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #38
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
the courts in that time were not similars like today`s courts....

us open was much more faster and the same with australia and masters cup for example , even wimbledon was more fast befores that the organizers changed the original grass..

this era is strong????? always the same guys fighting for slams and in this era federer was the second more old nº1 in tennis history , that is strong????? or old players like ferrer in the best moment of his career?????
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #39
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #40
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Nadal to end his run at RG
nadal will be #5 by the time RG starts.

We'll play 3 tournaments in SA which are worth 1000 points.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #41
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
Old 01-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #42
country flag Saberq

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
the courts in that time were not similars like today`s courts....

us open was much more faster and the same with australia and masters cup for example , even wimbledon was more fast befores that the organizers changed the original grass..

this era is strong????? always the same guys fighting for slams and in this era federer was the second more old nº1 in tennis history , that is strong????? or old players like ferrer in the best moment of his career?????
you are right dude it's not like a semi retired Agassi was world number 1 at the age of 33-34 whatever and pushed Fed to his limits in 2005 US Open final............Fed's draws in his era were a joke.......
Old 01-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #43
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

The streak will end in Wimbledon 2016.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #44
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
The streak will end in Wimbledon 2016.
Fed's streak is in danger.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #45
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Yea sure, in 2007 Nole missed only one SF because he got Fed in R16 at AO (was younger then than all "youngsters" now), but everywhere else was SF and F at USO
What are you trying to say? 2004-2007 was the strongest era ever because the GOAT was in his prime. And that is why Djokovic could not pass the R16 at the AO.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
23 consecutive slam SF
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote