Del Potro - When Will The Hype Stop? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #106
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro - When Will The Hype Stop?

Only clowns like Lenders still hype Del Shitro - guy is a fluke. Brainless ballbasher with zero game, tactics and strategy. Male Petra Kvitova
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #107
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
By implying that winning an Olympic medal and making QF/SF of big events among other things less than two years after underdoing major surgery is 'full of fail', you're the one overrating Del Potro and his talent to unwarranted extents.
His fail is in his patent lack of ability to beat top players in matches where they care about the result. If he could do that then he would have more than one title above 500 level.

Quote:
That you think getting his wrist back to full health is enough to instantly starting to play at the same level he was before shows either extreme hatred/bias or extreme lack of knowledge, for your own good hopefully the first.
Since when is two years 'instantly'?

This is what I mean by his flog fans flogging a dead horse.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #108
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
His fail is in his patent lack of ability to beat top players in matches where they care about the result. If he could do that then he would have more than one title above 500 level.

Since when is two years 'instantly'?

This is what I mean by his flog fans flogging a dead horse.
Yup, Djokovic cared so little about the bronze medal at Olympics that he was crying after the match, described it as one of the most painful experiences of his career and sawed off his rackets in frustration after it. Not to mention how Federer didn't care about the result of the USO final or even the final of his home tournaments this year Seems legit.

What kind of results did Haas, Hewitt, Coria, Ferrero, etc... get after their surgeries? I'm sure you'll be equally admant that it was just an excuse, what they had achieved prior to injury/surgery was just a fluke and surgery had no effect on their career trajectories.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #109
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Please. Djokovic was upset about losing the SF. He didn't give a shit about the bronze, nobody does. And Fed in the final of a 250? Please. Now you are just embarrassing yourself.

You can whine all you like but Del Potro has one decent title and a few 250s and 500s. That's what's known in statistics as an 'outlier'.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #110

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
Please. Djokovic was upset about losing the SF. He didn't give a shit about the bronze, nobody does. And Fed in the final of a 250? Please. Now you are just embarrassing yourself.

You can whine all you like but Del Potro has one decent title and a few 250s and 500s. That's what's known in statistics as an 'outlier'.
Yeah, of course. He was only upset about the semi, but decided to postpone the crying and racket sawing until after the bronze medal match You even go as far as to claim that anyone, let alone someone as patriotic as Djokovic, would not care about an Olympic medal just to suit your biased agenda. No wonder you don't understand the 'hype', because how could you possibly?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #111
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

lenders in this thread Del Potro will never win another big title ever again. It's not every day you get crippled Nadal in SF and Noserer serving like a little girl in F
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
lenders in this thread Del Potro will never win another big title ever again. It's not every day you get crippled Nadal in SF and Noserer serving like a little girl in F
I know. More often than not, you're bound to get players a little weaker than two 10+ Slam winners in the late stages of Slams
Old 01-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #113
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can repeat the same BS over and over, it still won't make it through. Although I have to give it to you, the idea that Del Potro deserves fans who don't believe in his potential is, well, quite original to say the least, far from your trademark hater stuff.

Ironically, your attempt to denigrate Juan ended up as a bigger compliment than even his biggest tard could ever be capable of. By implying that winning an Olympic medal and making QF/SF of big events among other things less than two years after underdoing major surgery is 'full of fail', you're the one overrating Del Potro and his talent to unwarranted extents. You accuse his fans of overrating him, but you did more of that in one sentence than any of them ever did here on MTF

That you think getting his wrist back to full health is enough to instantly starting to play at the same level he was before shows either extreme hatred/bias or extreme lack of knowledge, for your own good hopefully the first.
Delpo's main failure right now is mentally. His tennis is there. He needs to focus to see himself as the player he used to be when he won US Open. His main problem is his confidence that seems to have many troubles to recover it. Technically speaking he could be hang on the top 3 players . Not sure that he can demolish the walls that Murray builds on his defensive game. I think he can beat Djokovic but again, it's a matter of confidence.
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #114
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, of course. He was only upset about the semi, but decided to postpone the crying and racket sawing until after the bronze medal match You even go as far as to claim that anyone, let alone someone as patriotic as Djokovic, would not care about an Olympic medal just to suit your biased agenda. No wonder you don't understand the 'hype', because how could you possibly?
give me a break Lenders Djokovic crying?LOL sawing?All made up.........didnt give a fuck about bronze match
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #115
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
Delpo's main failure right now is mentally. His tennis is there. He needs to focus to see himself as the player he used to be when he won US Open. His main problem is his confidence that seems to have many troubles to recover it. Technically speaking he could be hang on the top 3 players . Not sure that he can demolish the walls that Murray builds on his defensive game. I think he can beat Djokovic but again, it's a matter of confidence.
I'm positive that he'll get that mentality back this year. It already looks like he's got the extra confidence now. I remember when he was the most mental tough player of 2009.
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #116
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
give me a break Lenders Djokovic crying?LOL sawing?All made up.........didnt give a fuck about bronze match
This. He already has a medal anyway. Del Potro was the one nearly crying because it was the second biggest thing he won since he fluked USO. Maybe he can get another easy draw someday and win masters one day, although I doubt it. High risk ballbashing games never brought much success to anyone on ATP tour.,
Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #117
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the crying happened, not the sawing, duh
Old 01-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #118
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Soup View Post
I'm positive that he'll get that mentality back this year. It already looks like he's got the extra confidence now. I remember when he was the most mental tough player of 2009.
He will have a great chance to prove it in a potential QF match against Murray . Looking forward to see it and in case you are right I promise to invite you a beer at Buenos Aires ATP in case you are a girl of course
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #119

Quote:
Just googled it and apparently Djokovic denied the sawing so I'll take his word for it of course. The crying did happen though.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #120
country flag DJ Soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
He will have a great chance to prove it in a potential QF match against Murray . Looking forward to see it and in case you are right I promise to invite you a beer at Buenos Aires ATP in case you are a girl of course
haha I'll pass, I'm a dude.