Del Potro - When Will The Hype Stop? - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #91
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro - When Will The Hype Stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Yes, and Thomas Johansson is one of the all time greats.
No, and neither is Del Potro and I don't think you'll find many people claiming that he is. What a lot of people claim is that he can win another Slam(s) at some point.

Even if you don't think he will win another Slam, his 'hype' is surely much more justifiable and backed up on court than any other player under 25yo. After all, apart from JMDP, only Cilic has even made a Slam semi among U-25ers.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #92
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Stopped 3 years ago. From the moment he won a Slam, it's no longer hype, he has delivered. Better question would be: when will you finally admit you're just an irrational hater?

Just be happy that his surgery stopped him from repeating moments like this and inflicting further pain to your hater's soul and move on

Here, for your enjoyment :

ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #93
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
No, and neither is Del Potro and I don't think you'll find many people claiming that he is. What a lot of people claim is that he can win another Slam(s) at some point.

Even if you don't think he will win another Slam, his 'hype' is surely much more justifiable and backed up on court than any other player under 25yo. After all, apart from JMDP, only Cilic has even made a Slam semi among U-25ers.
So does this mean when he turns 25 you will stop hyping?

'Hater' is a lazy insult for emo kids on Tumblr. It is a way of dismissing people who disagree with you by ascribing their opinion to vindictiveness and sidestepping any legitimate reasons they may have for holding it.

I quite like Del Potro. He is a nice guy and his USO 2009 win was very exciting. I'm just not a delusional tard who thinks he should be talked about as a regular Slam contender. His career ever since has been full of fail and he has looked less likely to win a slam than even no-hopers like Birdshit.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #94

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
So does this mean when he turns 25 you will stop hyping?

'Hater' is a lazy insult for emo kids on Tumblr, that attempts to dismiss people who disagree with them by ascribing their opinion to baseless vindictiveness. I quite like Del Potro. He is a nice guy and his USO 2009 win was very exciting. I'm just not a delusional tard who thinks he should be talked about as a regular Slam contender.
Yet you call him 'Spudtro' () and start a thread with the sole purpose of insulting/diminishing him and ridiculously claiming his career is full of fail. Don't even want to imagine if you didn't like him.

Whatever it is, all your posts on this thread do reek of baseless vindictiveness. Del Potro is the 4th favorite for the AO as per odds far ahead of the fifth favorite, when Nadal was around he was the fifth favorite everywhere but Wimbledon. That by definition makes him one of the main candidates to win each Slam.

I never even began hyping him so I can't possibly stop. I never said he'd win 10+ Slams or dominate tennis like Federer. All I said is that he can win another Slam(s) and I hope that I believe he will if he remains healthy.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #95
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

The fact I like him and think he is a nice guy does not change the fact he is a spud.

Odds are based on betting market interest from flogs such as yourself. The fact he is fourth favourite is just evidence of the hype.

Saying he will win another Slam is hype.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #96

Quote:
Odds are based on betting market interest. The fact he is fourth favourite is just evidence of the hype.

Saying he will win another Slam is hype.
Then do tell me who is more likely than JMDP to win a Slam apart from Djokovic, Federer and Murray at the moment. This should be good Is it Ferrer who never even reached a final and won a total of 1 set against Federer, Nadal and Djokovic last year? Berdych? Tsonga? Tomic?

Besides, few people are saying that he will win another Slam as a definite statement. Saying that he might/has a good chance to win another Slam does not mean that he necessarily will.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #97
country flag Caesar1844

Birdshit and Clownga have better records in the last couple of years than Spudtro. I would rate them better chances to win a slam than the Argifail.

Will, might - whatever disclaimers you want to put on it so you don't look like a fool, you hype it like you think its going to happen.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #98

Quote:
Birdshit and Clownga have better records in the last couple of years than Spudtro. I would rate them better chances to win a slam than the Argifail.

Will, might - whatever disclaimers you want to put on it so you don't look like a fool, you hype it like you think its going to happen.
How about Mardy Fish and Almagro? They also had a better record in 2011 than Del Potro who was returning from surgery, surely they should be favored ahead of him.

Tsonga and Berdych are two of my favorite players and I'd love to see them win a Slam - in fact I'd love that more than seeing Delpo win his second since he already has one and is younger so has more time - but if you genuinely believe their chances are better than JMDP it says everything about your hatred and bias.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #99
country flag Caesar1844

Returning from surgery! Returning from surgery!

It's been over two years. Let it go.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #100

Quote:
Returning from surgery! Returning from surgery!

It's been over two years. Let it go.
Are you suggesting that surgery had no impact in his career trajectory/level of play/results?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #101
country flag Caesar1844

Who cares? What could have happened is an absurd hypothetical.

Surgery was three years ago. It's in the past. This is 2013 Spudtro. Accept it.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #102

Quote:
Who cares? What could have happened is an absurd hypothetical.

Surgery was three years ago. It's in the past. This is 2013 Spudtro. Accept it.
See, this is why you can't understand the 'hype', because apart from being a hater, which is not exclusive to you by any means, you fail to grasp very simple concepts and realities. You even think a major surgery and year off is irrelevant in a player's career trajectory, that's why reality (ie many people believing JMDP can win a Slam) baffles you and you can't understand it
Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #103
country flag Caesar1844

It doesn't matter what he could have done without surgery. If you want to delude yourself into thinking that without surgery he wouldn't have been a one-slam wonder, go ahead. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

What matters is what he is capable of doing now. And he has been full of fail for years. The idea that he will magically 'come good' at some unspecified time in the future is just fantasy-land stuff for his fans. That you think he is still recovering from his surgery three years later is proof enough of your gullibility.

Del Potro is a nice guy and he deserves fans that appreciate him for what he is - a solid top 10 guy. Not mindless tards who are only on his bandwagon because they think he is a slam contender. One day you will accept that this is all that Spudtro is capable of - picking up the scraps of 250 and 500 tournaments left behind by better players, maybe one day jagging a MS1000 if he's lucky.

In the meantime, would you like to buy a bridge?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #104

Quote:
It doesn't matter what he could have done without surgery. If you want to delude yourself into thinking that without surgery he wouldn't have been a one-slam wonder, go ahead. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

What matters is what he is capable of doing now. And he has been full of fail for years. The idea that he will magically 'come good' at some unspecified time in the future is just fantasy-land stuff for his fans. That you think he is still recovering from his surgery three years later is proof enough of your gullibility.

Del Potro is a nice guy and he deserves fans that appreciate him for what he is - a solid top 10 guy. Not mindless tards who are only on his bandwagon because they think he is a slam contender. One day you will accept that this is all that Spudtro is capable of - picking up the scraps of 250 and 500 tournaments left behind by better players, maybe one day jagging a MS1000 if he's lucky.

In the meantime, would you like to buy a bridge?
You can repeat the same BS over and over, it still won't make it through. Although I have to give it to you, the idea that Del Potro deserves fans who don't believe in his potential is, well, quite original to say the least, far from your trademark hater stuff.

Ironically, your attempt to denigrate Juan ended up as a bigger compliment than even his biggest tard could ever be capable of. By implying that winning an Olympic medal and making QF/SF of big events among other things less than two years after underdoing major surgery is 'full of fail', you're the one overrating Del Potro and his talent to unwarranted extents. You accuse his fans of overrating him, but you did more of that in one sentence than any of them ever did here on MTF

That you think getting his wrist back to full health is enough to instantly starting to play at the same level he was before shows either extreme hatred/bias or extreme lack of knowledge, for your own good hopefully the first.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #105
country flag Albatoss

Albatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond repute

Delpo is a great player but everyone knows about his multiple injuries. I feel that those injuries are the only reason he hasn't done anything since his USO win.
Albatoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote