AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #61
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceremo View Post
Are you even surprised? The only thing that was NID in this match was Janko applying his usual shady tricks
Strategic MTOs aren't a Tipsy thing, even if questionable retirements (which I'm ok with) are. But this is the second time he's seemed to do this, so I'm pissed enough to maybve root for Julien in 3r. I want him to win his first title at the Ao

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #62
country flag NSMv1924

NSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
A shame, crowd was 100% behind Lacko. There may be quite a few tards on this board, but the general public doesn't lie. Crowd always cheers against Fakervic and Fixarevic (even in Belgrade which is probably why they canned that tournament), crowd boos Murray even in London, and crowd always gets up for the bathroom in between Nadal serves The future of tennis without Federer is grim...

Hopefully Ferrer makes a repeat of the USO.
Queen Bee of the Federina Fanboy club right here
NSMv1924 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #63
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh MTO's and Tipsy winning. What a disgrace. Good for Lacko fighting to the end.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #64
country flag rutinos harcos

rutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Ugh MTO's and Tipsy winning. What a disgrace. Good for Lacko fighting to the end.
Better player won,tennis won.

ANTI DISGUSTING CHEATDULL
Balding,butt picking moonballer,the biggest cheater in the history of the sport.
THE MOST DISGUSTING WORD IN THE UNIVERSE:vamos
Endless DISGUSTING luck:rain, net, sick opponent.
Proud hater of disgusting BORING defensive moonballer from some island.
BEST SHOT EVER:USO SF 2011 Djoko King's CC FH on Fed's match point.
rutinos harcos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #65
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to see Janko didn't choke it away after he missed a mp and failed to close the match out at 5-3
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #66
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Mate, talent doesn't purely mean consistently attaining good results. Talent can also mean having a flashy game, but can't do nothing with it. Just look at Dimitrov or Gasquet. Great looking game, but they're trash when it comes to winning matches, particularly against top players. So I suppose I'll rephrase that then. What I mean't was that Lacko had a 'better looking game' than Tipsarevic - his offence is more enjoyable to watch than Tipsy's offense. Obviously Tipsarevic is by far a better player than Lacko, but talent wise, it's questionable.

And for the record, I like Tipsy and I despise Hewitt. And the fact that he creamed Spewitt, not to mention in straight sets even when that bogan had chances in the first two sets, made it even more enjoyable. In fact, that win solidifies why I like Tipsarevic.
I disagree with your thoughts on Lacko being more talented than Janko....If that is what you think, then you are entitled to feel that way....By looking at the match stats, they were practically dead even, with Lacko hitting a few more winners and a dozen or so more errors...I don't think Lacko is a bad player, but he doesn't seem to really produce any consistent results....Last year in Zagreb, he made the final and that was all that he really did all year...I don't think Lacko's game is "better looking" in any way...I guess the reason I think you hate on Janko is because you have made rude comments about him before on a regular basis....So whatever dude, glad you like him
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #67
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Natural talent has nothing to do with hardwork, clown. However, obviously talent alone isn't enough to get you in the top 20/10. That's for sure.
Dude, people are entitled to their own opinion, so get the fuck over it...I don't think Lacko is "talented" in the same way that you conceptualize being "talented"...He sucks on clay and someone that is "talented" is usually pretty versatile on all surfaces...You are calling me a troll because I don't think Lacko is "talented???" This is a forum and we can all have our opinions, so stop acting like a 12 year old girl and getting all pissed because someone disagrees with your viewpoint
Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #68
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

There is no argument here, Lacko is far more talented than Tipsarevic.

The Slovak can crack winners for fun, he has great shape on his shots too. Tipsarevic lacks this star quality but more than makes up for it with very good basic skills and an improved mental fortitude. Lukas lacks (pun not intended) what is required mentally to be a top player, but technically he's as good as any player in the top ten.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #69
country flag Brick Top

Brick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond repute

5 set killa strikes once again. One by one Janko, one by one..
Hewitt = Llegend
Iron STan = Saviour of tennis
Villains
Nadull - moonballer with zero talent
Ferrer - Talentless Vulture
Tomic - overrated mug who will never win anything big

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
Basically, Queerey is a disgrace to the human race.
Brick Top is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #70
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Disgusting result, epic fail from Crapcko allowing this jester into R3 of a slam. Mugsarevic is easily one of the most disliked players on the tour.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #71
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Good lord, how did this go 5 sets?

Must see highlights for this

You are a stage-one thinker if:
  • You believe that Nadull is the GOAT
  • You use H2H in determining one player is superior to another
  • You believe the "Weak Era" argument
  • You believe that Nadull wasn't extraordinarily lucky in his career
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #72
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Well done 5th set Killa. Full speed ahead. Just don't look down.

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #73
country flag tealeaves

tealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutinos harcos View Post
Tipsy used Rafa's tacticts,won and pissed off rabid Fedtards.Ahahahahaha.What a guy.I like him.
Why do fedtards hate this vulture? 17 > 0 . What to hate?
TT Singles CH #172
TT Doubles CH #103 - W: Guadalajara 2014; Bergamo, Cherbourg, Poznan 2013 (w/goOudinUSA)

Federer Del Potro Wawrinka Djokovic Berdych Nishikori Pospisil Youzhny Paire Soderling
tealeaves is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #74
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
There is no argument here, Lacko is far more talented than Tipsarevic.

The Slovak can crack winners for fun, he has great shape on his shots too. Tipsarevic lacks this star quality but more than makes up for it with very good basic skills and an improved mental fortitude. Lukas lacks (pun not intended) what is required mentally to be a top player, but technically he's as good as any player in the top ten.
I'm getting pretty tired from this 'player X is more talented'. What did Lacko show that Janko can't do? Don't get me wrong, Lacko played great, but what he did to Janko now Janko did to Fed when he was ranked about 50th in the world and Fed was in his peak(ish). Also he beat bunch of top players at that time, played bunch of tight matches vs the best players. He was also a junior #1 and a junior GS champion. And now what, Janko is a hard worker? Maybe now he's working as hard as others but with putting almost the least amount of work compared to other top100 players, he was still a top50 player and was able to beat almost anyone and not just once a year. He was a mental clown and now he improved that. Exactly what Lacko needs to do. You people are talking like he was Soeda and now he became Ferrer. It's not even that I'm saying he's clearly more talented than Lacko, bcs Lacko seems to be pretty talented, but saying 'there's no argument here' is just not true.

Last edited by uxyzapenje : 01-17-2013 at 03:21 AM.
uxyzapenje is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:14 AM   #75
country flag JamieMU30

Being "talented" is a matter of opinion...The Bulldog doesn't seem to understand different viewpoints...Probably mad cuz Lacko is his fave and lost....Too bad, move on and quit pissing in your panties about it