AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #31
country flag Challengerslover

Challengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Lacko is generally quite fit player. He´s having the problems with his ankle whole year, though. I don´t think Tipsy´s back was that much in pain, he was moving excellently during whole match, really no signs of an injury there. He knew what he was doing when taking that medical timeout. But it´s normal, Lacko has to solve basic things like that. I´m extremely sad, because Lacko would´ve a great chance to win at least 2 more matches with performances like this. It still looks very promising for him, looking into the season, his talent is just showing. Hopefully he´ll be able to overcome tough loss and continue to play like this. But it won´t be easy, this hurts badly.

Tipsarevic showed his level, he played very well and Lacko was still able to outplay him on a good couple of occasions.
Challengerslover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #32
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMU30 View Post
If Lacko was talented, he would get fit and work hard and use his "talent" like certain members of the Top 10
Natural talent has nothing to do with hardwork, clown. However, obviously talent alone isn't enough to get you in the top 20/10. That's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #33
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMU30 View Post
More talented? The stats prove otherwise...Lacko shows up a few times a year and the rest of his results are abysmal...Lacko could never play the match vs Ferrer at the USO that Tipsy did...Even his Hewitt match was oustanding tennis and fightback...Guess you are hating on Janko cause he trashed Hewitt in straights? If Lacko was talented, he would get fit and work hard and use his "talent" like certain members of the Top 10
Mate, talent doesn't purely mean consistently attaining good results. Talent can also mean having a flashy game, but can't do nothing with it. Just look at Dimitrov or Gasquet. Great looking game, but they're trash when it comes to winning matches, particularly against top players. So I suppose I'll rephrase that then. What I mean't was that Lacko had a 'better looking game' than Tipsarevic - his offence is more enjoyable to watch than Tipsy's offense. Obviously Tipsarevic is by far a better player than Lacko, but talent wise, it's questionable.

And for the record, I like Tipsy and I despise Hewitt. And the fact that he creamed Spewitt, not to mention in straight sets even when that bogan had chances in the first two sets, made it even more enjoyable. In fact, that win solidifies why I like Tipsarevic.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #34
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Visa View Post
Oh well, good effort Lacko.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Better player of the day lost. Pity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
A shame, crowd was 100% behind Lacko. There may be quite a few tards on this board, but the general public doesn't lie. Crowd always cheers against Fakervic and Fixarevic (even in Belgrade which is probably why they canned that tournament), crowd boos Murray even in London, and crowd always gets up for the bathroom in between Nadal serves The future of tennis without Federer is grim...

Hopefully Ferrer makes a repeat of the USO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
Lacko came back from 2-5 to lose 5-7, whatta pitty

Dunno how long Janko will hold with these 5 setters and another one coming right after here...
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #35
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challengerslover View Post
Lacko is generally quite fit player. He´s having the problems with his ankle whole year, though. I don´t think Tipsy´s back was that much in pain, he was moving excellently during whole match, really no signs of an injury there. He knew what he was doing when taking that medical timeout. But it´s normal, Lacko has to solve basic things like that. I´m extremely sad, because Lacko would´ve a great chance to win at least 2 more matches with performances like this. It still looks very promising for him, looking into the season, his talent is just showing. Hopefully he´ll be able to overcome tough loss and continue to play like this. But it won´t be easy, this hurts badly.
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #36
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Mate, talent doesn't purely mean consistently attaining good results. Talent can also mean having a flashy game, but can't do nothing with it. Just look at Dimitrov or Gasquet. Great looking game, but they're trash when it comes to winning matches, particularly against top players. So I suppose I'll rephrase that then. What I mean't was that Lacko had a 'better looking game' than Tipsarevic - his offence is more enjoyable to watch than Tipsy's offense. Obviously Tipsarevic is by far a better player than Lacko, but talent wise, it's questionable.
Don't bother with him. That guy is an obvious troll/mug.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #37
country flag spaniel

spaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Thats you? Now it all suddenly makes sense...
spaniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #38
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Don't bother with him. That guy is an obvious troll/mug.
Just laying out the logic mate, so many others can glaringly disagree with him. If he doesn't reply, then my work here is done.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #39
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

sad result. too bad luki couldnt complete the comeback

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #40
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Great match. thoroughly entertained. Tipsarevic really wanted it, but Lacko, despite looking like he has nothing left, just wouldn't roll over.

I think it's good that Tipsarevic got the win, as Lacko will just be too tired for the next match if he had won.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #41
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Despite the fact that Tipsa wasn´t superior to Lacko in any set of the match, he could have finished it in 3 if he hadn´t forgotten how to change pace or work the angles. For the better part of the last three sets their rallies would consist of Lacko moving Tipsa around and him crushing the ball whenever Janko left an opening. I was under the impression Lacko had a magnet or something the way Tipsarevic kept playing the ball straight at him. Good luck against Benneteau Tipsa.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #42
country flag Challengerslover

Challengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond repute

Match of the year so far, that tennis was just pure gold. Lacko has to find more of these "beast modes" this year and he´ll be rewarded soon. He was almost unplayable in sets 3 and 4, but it was a bit too late.. Tipsarevic was very focused and consistent, waiting for his chance. Credit to him. Mental strength was the difference at the end, but it was so fucking close. At least you know folks what Lacko is able to do when he´s on.
Challengerslover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #43
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniel View Post
Thats you? Now it all suddenly makes sense...
No.That's Lacko after a hair cut.Maybe he lost because of that girly hair style?Anyway, now he'll have more chance.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #44
country flag mattpro

mattpro has a reputation beyond reputemattpro has a reputation beyond reputemattpro has a reputation beyond reputemattpro has a reputation beyond reputemattpro has a reputation beyond reputemattpro has a reputation beyond reputemattpro has a reputation beyond reputemattpro has a reputation beyond reputemattpro has a reputation beyond reputemattpro has a reputation beyond reputemattpro has a reputation beyond repute

Lacko was pretty good, but Clay season is coming so 2-3 months without win is very possible
Hope Lacko can win at least one time on this surface. Lacko´s last win on clay in ATP tournament is dated to May 2010
But now it is hard season and Lukas has to defend his 150 points from last year´s final in Zagreb
mattpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #45
country flag Nole Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Despite the fact that Tipsa wasn´t superior to Lacko in any set of the match, he could have finished it in 3 if he hadn´t forgotten how to change pace or work the angles. For the better part of the last three sets their rallies would consist of Lacko moving Tipsa around and him crushing the ball whenever Janko left an opening. I was under the impression Lacko had a magnet or something the way Tipsarevic kept playing the ball straight at him. Good luck against Benneteau Tipsa.

Quote: