Christophe Rochus wants doping to be made legal - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #166
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christophe Rochus wants doping to be made legal

I think alot is getting lost in translation here, so it's hard to know exactly what he is saying, I also don't see anywhere him saying legalize it.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #167
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
whereas Lance Armstrong is a textbook example of how the conspiratorial mindset can uncover a lot of hidden dirt.
Complete rubbish.

Armstrong wasn't just vaguely suspected of doping by bitter and conspiratorial rivals "because he won stuff".

From the beginning he was accused of doping by people who knew - they were able to know because they were insiders (themselves doped with him or they were assistants and helpers in the doping supply chain).
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #168
country flag Myrre

Myrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond repute

Thread title should be changed and the OP should look up "Irony" in the dictionary.
Myrre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #169
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't Christophe the same one who accused Henin of doping because of her curious retirement at the top of the game? I actually thought he was on to something there, but the claims against Rafa and Bo-Vice seem unsubstantiated and ignorant of the circumstances.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #170
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Complete rubbish.

Armstrong wasn't just vaguely suspected of doping by bitter and conspiratorial rivals "because he won stuff".

From the beginning he was accused of doping by people who knew - they were able to know because they were insiders (themselves doped with him or they were assistants and helpers in the doping supply chain).
Exactly.

10 Armstrongs
tribalfusion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #171
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

rochus is right , it`s very strange than nadal made a great performance in roland garros and after that he is not playing since 6 months.....

his clay season was perfect and after that he not played anymore.

federer and murray are fighting for better dopoing controls
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #172
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

While I do not agree with Rochus that doping should be legalized, I appreciate that he talked about the big elephant in the room: Doping in Tennis. I really wish more people would speak up, but as we have seen from Yannick Noah, as soon as you do, the whole Tennis world wants to lynch you. Anyways, like I said before, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that a lot of Tennis players (male and female) are doping. All the signs are there:

- Little risk - high reward: In Tennis, you can earn millions of $. Just by winning a Grand Slam title, you are what? $1,5 (?) million dollars richer these days? That's a big incentive for players to dope. Then add that the anti-doping system is a total joke and there's barely a 1% chance of getting caught, and it makes the prospect of doping only all the more attractive.

- What used to be a game of finesse and tactics has turned into a war of nutrition. Nowadays, Tennis is mainly about who can hit the ball harder and do it for a longer period of time. That is especially true for the women, but it's also the case for the men. And what can help you with these things? Training, obviously, but PED's too. And not only do PED's aid a player's strength and stamina, they also aide a player's recovery, allow them to train longer and harder, make them move quicker around the court or even influence their mental game (e.g. make them more confident because they know they can hit the crap out of the ball for hours on end without getting fatigued) etc. How anyone can say, with a straight face, that doping doesn't benefit a Tennis player is beyond me. No offense to anyone, but that is dilusion at it's finest.

- A lot of suspicious things have been happening in Tennis lately. There are players who have underwent a sudden spike in performance or total physical transformations. Others suddenly drop down the rankings once they have missed 2 OOC-tests. These things are usually an indicator for doping in ANY sport. There are stories of players using weird devices or working closely together with suspicious doctors (even known doping doctors), players locking themselves up in panic rooms to get around doping control, players claiming to have been close to death only to return about 2 months later (with absolutely no change to their physique) and immediately compete for the big titles again, players coming down with all kinds of suspicious injuries or illnesses where the story doesn't add up etc.

Obviously, everyone is free to think whatever they want, but IMO, it's a good thing to question things and not blindly buy into everything that the Tennis establishment is trying to sell to it's consumers, even if it hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel View Post
The egg was used during 2010, no? Rather than the end of the year/early 2011. I think Nole's ascent to greatness from late 2010 to the present day has myriad factors, far beyond mere improvement in fitness.
That's the story that was being sold in the media, but what I find very interesting is that it was leaked at the 2011 US Open. After Djokovic went on his monstrous run, people were speculating in various blogs and comment sections whether he was doping. I find it quite likely that his camp leaked this story to deflect from any EPO or blood doping talk. After all, when he supposedly used this device, it didn't do anything for him. He still ran out of gas after 2 sets in the final against Nadal although he had more than 2 days to recover from his effort in the semi-final. That was nothing compared to what we witnessed in 2012, when he came back from a 5-hour semi-final match against Murray only to outgrind Nadal in a 6-hour final and that with less than 48 hours of rest.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award

Last edited by bavaria100 : 01-17-2013 at 01:23 AM.
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:59 AM   #173
country flag zebedee

zebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond reputezebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria100 View Post
That's the story that was being sold in the media, but what I find very interesting is that it was leaked at the 2011 US Open. After Djokovic went on his monstrous run, people were speculating in various blogs and comment sections whether he was doping. I find it quite likely that his camp leaked this story to deflect from any EPO or blood doping talk. After all, when he supposedly used this device, it didn't do anything for him. He still ran out of gas after 2 sets in the final against Nadal although he had more than 2 days to recover from his effort in the semi-final. That was nothing compared to what we witnessed in 2012, when he came back from a 5-hour semi-final match against Murray only to outgrind Nadal in a 6-hour final and that with less than 48 hours of rest.
The point about the Egg is that it can be used to mask EPO doping. Anti-doping bodies like WADA have expressed serious concerns about it although they can't actually ban its use.
zebedee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #174
country flag Jomp1

Jomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3d_d3v1l_ View Post
The Soderling mention actually makes a lot of sense. It´s amazing how these things fly below the radar, but if you look at it... Soderling came from a foot injury when playing Wimbledon. 3 weeks later he probably played one of the most powerfull perfomances i have ever seen on clay. The way he demolished Berdych and Ferrer was outstanding.

And then... he disappears.

Isn´t this suspicious? And i like Soderling, but this doesn´t add up.
I take it you don't recall what happened. Robin was very ill during Wimbledon and especially in the match against Tomic where he got beaten. He had no energy and obviously in hindsight he had mono there already. He then rested up a couple of weeks before Bĺstad and played lights out there. He cited a wrist injury that kept him out from Cincinnati and Montreal, but I'm positive it was illness just as much as the wrist. Instead he went to US Open, practiced some there, but in the morning of his first round match pulled out because of illness. The week after US Open he was diagnozed with mono. Basically he was ill already in Wimbledon, had some rest time afterwards to feel okay again, then played another tournament and it got much worse. He didn't just fall from the face of the earth, this happened gradually and he tried to come back in three tournaments after Bĺstad before calling it quits for the season.
Jomp1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #175
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

The reason people are suspicious of Soderling is there've been a lot of fatigue-related illnesses in tennis the last few years, several dozens of players.

Cycling has had the same thing. It almost became a stereotype, "blahblah pulled out with chronic fatigue", usually soon after they were caught using EPO.

It may not be fair to Soderling, of course. However, that's what happens when the governing body just gives up on anti-doping completely. Suspicions will be rife about all manner of things, and a lot of innocents will get tarnished unfairly.

Blame the ITF. They are a joke.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #176
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

swedish media did a little piece on Rochus strange accusation of Soderling.

I just realized why Rochus dragged that out of his hat. He got whipped pretty good by the Soderking and probably thought he was an unbeatable superhuman.

2008 Lyon
France Carpet R16 Soderling, Robin
6-1, 6-2

2006 Stockholm
Sweden Hard R32 Soderling, Robin
6-1, 6-2

And the stats are extremely brutal. Rochus had only 1 break point in both meetings
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #177
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria100 View Post
- What used to be a game of finesse and tactics has turned into a war of nutrition. Nowadays, Tennis is mainly about who can hit the ball harder and do it for a longer period of time. That is especially true for the women, but it's also the case for the men. And what can help you with these things? Training, obviously, but PED's too. And not only do PED's aid a player's strength and stamina, they also aide a player's recovery, allow them to train longer and harder, make them move quicker around the court or even influence their mental game (e.g. make them more confident because they know they can hit the crap out of the ball for hours on end without getting fatigued) etc. How anyone can say, with a straight face, that doping doesn't benefit a Tennis player is beyond me. No offense to anyone, but that is dilusion at it's finest.
retister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #178
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post

probably meant war of attrition, which I agree with.

Only Nalbandian is fighting a war of nutrition...
Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #179
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
probably meant war of attrition, which I agree with.

Only Nalbandian is fighting a war of nutrition...
retister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #180
country flag MaxPower

Soderling actually replied on Rochus doping accusations

translated:

Quote:

Now Soderling himself replies on the severe charges.

"I have learnt through the years that there is no use in commenting rumors and bullshit. New things come up anyway"

Instead Soderling wants to focus on getting back to tennis.

"You cannot protect yourself. Better to put energy on other things. Like getting back on court", he continues.

TV4:s tennis-reporter Mattias Tjernström asked Söderling on twitter if he had a time plan in getting back. Söderling replied:

"Maybe it gets better if you use doping? What do you think? "
Hasn't lost his sense of humor.