Federer's potential 5th AO title - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #61
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer's potential 5th AO title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan1 View Post
how is Murray a favorite against Federer in a grand slam? Has he ever beaten him in a grand slam before? Did he beat him the last time they played at a HC grand slam or the last match they played?

Federer is still the favorite to me in a best of 5 vs Murray. Djokovic has an edge over both in Australia, but it's not big. Anything can happen between those 3...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedal_Fedal View Post
Imagine how silly these journalist fools look when they play the Tennis
Experts Picks and Dark Horse game. It's like some pre-school mentality. Isn't
that right Brad Gilbert? You have been all over the media talking smack about
Roger to gain our attention. Stop already! We don't want to play with you. You
continue to broadcast senseless drivel comments degrading Fed and I have just
ignored you to some degree but now it's time to just tell you how real immature
you are being and ask you as an adult to quit your nonsense.

That THUG Tomug is ALSO responsible for the Media focusing on Round 3 instead
of Roger winning his 5th AO Title and 18th Overall Slam. Fed is going to POUND
that Thug HARD for opening his big Mouth craving some more attention. LMFAO !
Olderer not being in spotlight 24 hours a day makes his Fedtards post things like this. God forbid if someone breaks his GS record one day, mass suicides might happend.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #62
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually kind of the opinion that this is Federer's least favourite surface. He's only won the AO once on Plexicushion don't forget.

Would rate Federer a much better chance of winning if this tournament was taking place at Roland Garros. Think he stands a better chance against Djokovic on clay, and it sort of removes Murray as a factor.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #63
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Noserer is not winning AO. People need to wake up and realize that this old man is only riding through matches on reputation and serve. When he meets a ballbasher on fire, he will lose like last year in USO. I would rate his chances low against Clownga - unless the latter chokes and knowing Clownga that is enormous possibility.

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #64
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Agree on the comments about Fed-Murray in a slam btw. I hope that changes but who knows. Murray is a serial choker vs fed in Slams and I have no idea why
Well they've only met three times, and all in finals. I guess you would expect a multiple major winner to feel more comfortable than someone still striving for his first. Plus the fact Federer is the (far) better player overall.

Of course, that has changed now - Murray has finally got that first major, spurred on by his Olympic victory. Federer is older, and declining as Murray has improved. I suspect if they meet in a major now, it's going to be A LOT closer than any of their three previous matches.
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #65
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Murray only choked one set (Wimbledon 2012 2nd set) against Federer at the slams, so not sure how that makes him a serial choker? Roger outplayed him in pretty much every set they have played in the slams except those first two Wimbledon sets obviously..

Ridiculous. The WI final was the only match which was competitive because for the first Murray wasn't nervous as hell in a big match against Federer...
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #66
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Ridiculous. The WI final was the only match which was competitive because for the first Murray wasn't nervous as hell in a big match against Federer...
Maybe you should rewatch the other finals. Federer was placing no foot wrong. Was Murray playing at his best? No. Did Murray choke the match? No. Unless you have some magical definition of "choking" then this conversation is done. Fact is, Murray was outplayed regardless of if he came out flat in each match, there was no choking involved, even when Murray had a break up in the second set of the USO final and when he had a couple set points in the third set of the AO final.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #67
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe you should rewatch the other finals. Federer was placing no foot wrong. Was Murray playing at his best? No. Did Murray choke the match? No. Unless you have some magical definition of "choking" then this conversation is done. Fact is, Murray was outplayed regardless of if he came out flat in each match, there was no choking involved, even when Murray had a break up in the second set of the USO final and when he had a couple set points in the third set of the AO final.

I have watches all those matches, thank you.
When a player reaches a Slam final and is good form and comes out flat and nervous in the final against a more accomplished opponent, it also some kind of choking but probably you don't know that.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #68
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why are you debating with him?

The very reason he took Murray out of his sig was cos he couldn't beat Fed in a GS final but he had the nerve to beat Djokovic (a bigger fave) in one instead.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #69
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have watches all those matches, thank you.
When a player reaches a Slam final and is good form and comes out flat and nervous in the final against a more accomplished opponent, it also some kind of choking but probably you don't know that.
Oh, and apparently for Federer, he has never played matches where he doesn't let his opponent in the match. But of course Rafa and Novak can play matches where they can just dominate and not let the opponent get in the match. Yes, for you, the world is flat when it comes to Federer, typical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post

The very reason he took Murray out of his sig was cos he couldn't beat Fed in a GS final but he had the nerve to beat Djokovic (a bigger fave) in one instead.
His biased, disrespect for Federer and stupidity are amusing.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #70
country flag Matt01

Quote:

I was argueing in favour of Murray in this thread but maybe you haven't noticed that?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #71
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
I was argueing in favour of Murray in this thread but maybe you haven't noticed that?
Of course you would, anytime to discredit Federer more, you'll jump the gun.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #72
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Muzza choked in the 2nd set of the Wimbledon final and the third set of the AO final, but Fed bossed him for all 3 sets in NY, first two sets in Australia and the last two sets under the roof at SW19.

It clearly winds you up Andy can beat your faves in slams, but not yet beaten Federer (which is why he is now out of your sig)
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #73
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Oh, and apparently for Federer, he has never played matches where he doesn't let his opponent in the match. But of course Rafa and Novak can play matches where they can just dominate and not let the opponent get in the match. Yes, for you, the world is flat when it comes to Federer, typical.

His biased, disrespect for Federer and stupidity are amusing.

I don't have Fed or Murray in my sig, I'm not a tard, so I think I can say that I'm much more unbiased than you on this topic...
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #74
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
I don't have Fed or Murray in my sig, I'm not a tard, so I think I can say that I'm much more unbiased than you on this topic...
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #75
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Muzza choked in the 2nd set of the Wimbledon final and the third set of the AO final, but Fed bossed him for all 3 sets in NY, first two sets in Australia and the last two sets under the roof at SW19.

It clearly winds you up Andy can beat your faves in slams, but not yet beaten Federer (which is why he is now out of your sig)

Maybe you haven't noticed but Murray trashed Fed in a big final and denied Fed his long wanted Olympic Gold Medal. I'm more than proud of Andy for that Plus he has a positive H2H with Fed. The reasons why I took him out of my sig are different but you wouldn't understand them anyway.