Federer's potential 5th AO title - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #31
country flag Silvester

Silvester has a reputation beyond reputeSilvester has a reputation beyond reputeSilvester has a reputation beyond reputeSilvester has a reputation beyond reputeSilvester has a reputation beyond reputeSilvester has a reputation beyond reputeSilvester has a reputation beyond reputeSilvester has a reputation beyond reputeSilvester has a reputation beyond reputeSilvester has a reputation beyond reputeSilvester has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer's potential 5th AO title

He has a chance but we will see, his road isn't easy. Tomic, Roanic can both give him some trouble, then Tsonga, Most likely either Murray or DelPo in Semi will also be tough so just to get to the SF/F isn't a walk in the park.
Silvester is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #32
country flag Evitman

Evitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond repute

He is a potential dark horse, according to some journalists .
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #33
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Fed is about on even chance of breaking his particular record as Djokovic is of breaking his record.

0%
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #34
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

You are right, but I can`t remember serious talks about possibility to get this record by Fed in 2012. One more year, Murray improved - they didn`t do it then and moreover aren`t going to focus on it now. In vain
Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #35
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute

He has a chance because he's Federer but I'd be surprised to see him put together two performances good enough to beat Murray and Nole on this surface back-to-back.
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #36
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
FFS Taejin. I'm just saying that it isn't that strange should Roger win the AO. As I said I think it's more about the media trying to promote tennis through the younger stars and that Federer and nadal are being dismissed, the first is 31 years old and the second is away from the courts for more than half a year.

I'm not saying getting more hype. I'm just saying no one mentioned it. No expert I've seen has picked Roger to win the AO and I agree. I wouldn't put my money on Roger but to say he doesn't have a chance is ridiculous. It's not sink or swim.
Of course, everybody has chance of winning, I don't remember anyone saying there's no chance for Fed. However, barring some Rosol-like surprises and/or injuries, most likely Fed will have to beat Murray and Nole back to back on the slow hard court. Not impossible, but it's going to be more difficult here than at any other slam.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #37
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

They don't talk much about it cause he's not the favourite here, conditions do not help him. Also probably many journalists feel like he's semi-retired.

I'd be surprised too if he wins, especially if he has to go through tsonga-Murray - djokovic.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #38
country flag TennisPhan1

TennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
You have a picture of him, that's enough of a reason. Do you remember that Nole has straight setted fed the last 2 times they played there? I bet you don't remember that or do you think that just because Nadal is not here that he has a chance?
They were very close sets in 2011 and Djokovic was playign the tennis of his life. Could have gone both ways. Just like the London 2012 finals. You better pray Novak plays that good again in case Federer's A game shows up.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #39
country flag TennisPhan1

TennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond repute

how is Murray a favorite against Federer in a grand slam? Has he ever beaten him in a grand slam before? Did he beat him the last time they played at a HC grand slam or the last match they played?

Federer is still the favorite to me in a best of 5 vs Murray. Djokovic has an edge over both in Australia, but it's not big. Anything can happen between those 3...
Old 01-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #40
country flag Fedal_Fedal
Banned!

Fedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine how silly these journalist fools look when they play the Tennis
Experts Picks and Dark Horse game. It's like some pre-school mentality. Isn't
that right Brad Gilbert? You have been all over the media talking smack about
Roger to gain our attention. Stop already! We don't want to play with you. You
continue to broadcast senseless drivel comments degrading Fed and I have just
ignored you to some degree but now it's time to just tell you how real immature
you are being and ask you as an adult to quit your nonsense.

That THUG Tomug is ALSO responsible for the Media focusing on Round 3 instead
of Roger winning his 5th AO Title and 18th Overall Slam. Fed is going to POUND
that Thug HARD for opening his big Mouth craving some more attention. LMFAO !
Fedal_Fedal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #41
country flag RajFederer

RajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond repute

His only tough bet would be Del Po .. if Del Po makes it to the semis. it'll really be a tough fight for him..

im sure hell get past tomic,raonic,tsonga and murray for sure !!

Until and unless Djokovic 2.0 doesnt show up.. fed with 5th AO title under his name !!
RajFederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #42
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you for the first non-trolling post.

Faith in MTF restored.
My post wasn't a troll you idiot. I've said numerous times Federer is going to do well, but obviously with court surfaces suiting Murray and Djokovic more, and Djokovic winning the tournament for the past 3 years why would the media report as Federer having a good chance to win when he's the lease likely of the 3 to win...

Whatever. Fed fans keep talking about his tough draw, the word tough is not part of Roger's vocabulary.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #43
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We all know everybody (tennis experts, journos,...) is talking about the(open era)record of 3 consecutive AO titles that Djokovic can achieve this year.

But why is there no talk at all about the (open era) record Federer might achieve winning his 5th AO title overal?
Because at 31 you are not supposed to win slams Let them forget about him so there is no pressure and he can fly under the radar. Djoke is expected to win so all the pressure on him. It's much more fun when Roger proves them wrong anyway
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #44
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Agree on the comments about Fed-Murray in a slam btw. I hope that changes but who knows. Murray is a serial choker vs fed in Slams and I have no idea why

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #45
country flag rutinos harcos

rutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by challenger View Post
Yeah, I too have noticed how the press are only talking about how this title will be either Djokovic or Murray to take. Hardly any mention of Federer winning the title. However, out of all the players in the tournament, I think he's been handed the toughest draw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Because he's probably not going to win this tournament.
What a scandal.Outrageous.How dare they not to mention your fake God from Basel?We wanna know more about fabulous life of Muger.C'mon you journos, write away.

ANTI DISGUSTING CHEATDULL
Balding,butt picking moonballer,the biggest cheater in the history of the sport.
THE MOST DISGUSTING WORD IN THE UNIVERSE:vamos
Endless DISGUSTING luck:rain, net, sick opponent.
Proud hater of disgusting BORING defensive moonballer from some island.
BEST SHOT EVER:USO SF 2011 Djoko King's CC FH on Fed's match point.
rutinos harcos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote