Federer's potential 5th AO title - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer's potential 5th AO title

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
We all know everybody (tennis experts, journos,...) is talking about the(open era)record of 3 consecutive AO titles that Djokovic can achieve this year.

But why is there no talk at all about the (open era) record Federer might achieve winning his 5th AO title overal?
You have a picture of him, that's enough of a reason. Do you remember that Nole has straight setted fed the last 2 times they played there? I bet you don't remember that or do you think that just because Nadal is not here that he has a chance?
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #17
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's just a possibility as it is a possibility of djokovic winning his 3rd consecutive that everyone is talking about.

Yes, djokovic is the favourite but how many times ahs the favourite not won a tournament. It can happen. Also Federer is at least 3rd favourite, according to betting houses, imo he's 2nd tied with Murray.
It's been exactly three years since Roger was in a finals of a HC slam, while Murray won the last one, they can't be tied as favorites.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #18
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
It's been exactly three years since Roger was in a finals of a HC slam, while Murray won the last one, they can't be tied as favorites.
Hence why Roger is the 3rd favourite according to the betting houses as I said.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #19
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Djokovic and Murray are both injured?
well , federer injured defeated these two in a row in wimbledon.....and was an old and past peak federer against the youngers stars.

but , the ATP made all in favour to help this boring and physicall tennis with the slow corts all the time , australia it`s clay
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #20
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
well , federer injured defeated these two in a row in wimbledon.....and was an old and past peak federer against the youngers stars.

but , the ATP made all in favour to help this boring and physicall tennis with the slow corts all the time , australia it`s clay

broken violin you are, go out a little bit
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #21
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hence why Roger is the 3rd favourite according to the betting houses as I said.
Then you have answered your question, it's not very often that 3rd favorite gets more hype than 1st and 2nd, else he would've been the 1st
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #22
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
You have a picture of him, that's enough of a reason. Do you remember that Nole has straight setted fed the last 2 times they played there? I bet you don't remember that or do you think that just because Nadal is not here that he has a chance?
I remember yes. And your point is?!

Ah right Roger will lose if he meets Djokovic because he lost the last 2 times they played here, once in 2008 (certainly very valid data for the 2013 AO) and in 2011 when djokovic had one of the best season ever.

It's not that I think, he has a chance. Or do you think the 3rd favourite doesn't have a chance?

He has a good chance of winning the title, he only has 2 players above him in terms of favouritism.

Since you like to teak about past results, Roger has reached the semis in the past 9 years in the AO. Now assuming the seeds hold we would have a murray-Federer semi-final, do you remeber the 2010 AO final? Once in a final anything can happen.

In a way I like that people are so quick to dismiss Roger (has been happening since 2009) because he seems to really enjoy proving the doubters wrong. I hope he does yet again.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #23
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I think Federer has a good opportunity to win AO this year. Things need to fall his way a bit, but there is a very short list of candidates for the title and he's definitely on that list.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #24
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Then you have answered your question, it's not very often that 3rd favorite gets more hype than 1st and 2nd, else he would've been the 1st
FFS Taejin. I'm just saying that it isn't that strange should Roger win the AO. As I said I think it's more about the media trying to promote tennis through the younger stars and that Federer and nadal are being dismissed, the first is 31 years old and the second is away from the courts for more than half a year.

I'm not saying getting more hype. I'm just saying no one mentioned it. No expert I've seen has picked Roger to win the AO and I agree. I wouldn't put my money on Roger but to say he doesn't have a chance is ridiculous. It's not sink or swim.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #25
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect Federer actually enjoys flying a bit under the radar. He's proven people wrong before.

Very curious to see what he can do this AO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times, October 2014
During this year’s United States Open, Soderling said, he was watching a match on television when his young daughter came into the room. For a moment, she watched her father watching the tennis, but then she interrupted.

“She wanted to watch Dora,” Soderling said. “So, I said, ‘O.K.’ We watched Dora.”
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #26
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I think Federer has a good opportunity to win AO this year. Things need to fall his way a bit, but there is a very short list of candidates for the title and he's definitely on that list.
Imo he is 2nd favourite tied with murray.

But this thread isn't even about that. Just a lot of posters making another case.

Of course Roger is not the favourite but he certainly has a chance of winning. Why then has there been NO talk of his potential record. I'm just saying I find it strange to not have heard any expert say anything about it.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #27
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
I suspect Federer actually enjoys flying a bit under the radar. He's proven people wrong before.

Very curious to see what he can do this AO.
Again, agree with you. But the point of the thread is not that Roger is the favourite, imo is djokovic of course.

The point is someone could've mentioned it.

For example, certainly in RG 2006 and RG 2007 many experts have mentioned Roger could win the non-calendar GS. He wasn't the favourite in those tournaments obviously.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #28
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

AO title is the only major GS title Djokovic has defended by now against Nadal last year. So by now Djoko defended just one GS. Let see how many GS's titles Federer defended during his career ? MANY . That is a man who knows how to play the game. No one gifted Federer 17 GS titles.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #29
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Fed always has a change, no mattwe what

i think we will have a fed-nole F and it will be a great match.

just bc murray won USO doesnt mean he is the fav to win this so i have no idea why ppl put him bc Fed to win this
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #30
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
broken violin you are, go out a little bit
jajaj a serbian tard like many others serbians in nole`s wave.

you didn`t know the tennis before djokovic fan boy.

be quiet and learn a bit
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote