ATP Race points 2011 for juniors (1993 and younger) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default ATP Race points 2011 for juniors (1993 and younger)

This thread is about the juniors' ATP results (including futures) during the year 2010 since the 1st of january.

Are concerned all players born in 1992 and younger.

This first post will be updated every week (if I'm brave enough ).

Notes :

- the points in futures will be included at once in the end of the week, opposite to the ATP ranking rules (they wait one week more before including them)

- only the best 18 results in that period will be included, like for the ATP

- I will check only the top-10 (but you can complete them if you want )

ATP "Race" points earnt from the 1st of january to the 3rd of may:
(players from generation 1992 and younger - the year of birth is written between blankets if it's not 1992):

1. Bernard Tomic (Aus) 130 points
2. Ryan Harrison (USA) 72 points
3. Filip Krajinovic (Serb) 34 points
4. Jordan Cox (USA) 30 points
5. Gianni Mina (Fra) and David Souto(-Vargas) (Ven) 24 points
7. Yasutaka Uchiyama (Jap) 18 points
8. Jason Kubler (Aus, born may 1993) 15 points
9. Javier Marti(-Hernanz) (Esp) 14 points
10. Andrea Collarini (USA, ex-Arg) 12 points

Last edited by duong : 05-03-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: updated on the 3rd of may
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Race points 2010 for juniors (1992 and younger)

updated on the 15th of march :

- Harrison beat Dent in Indian Wells and got 25 points
- Krajinovic beat Gaudio in IW qualifying and got 7 points
Old 03-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
country flag duong

First post updated on the 22nd of march.

Most notable results last week :
- future semifinal for Andrea Collarini (USA, ex-Arg) in Croatia
- future quarterfinal for Carlos Boluda-Purkiss (Esp, january 1993) in his country, and Henri Laaksonen (Fin) on carpet in Switzerland

In the top-10 comes Collarini, and Krajinovic gets one more point thanks to the change of the ranking points from the ATP for MS1000 qualifying last round (8 instead of 7).
Old 03-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
country flag duong

First post updated on the 29th of march.

Most notable results last week :

- another future semifinal by Andrea Collarini in Croatia

- a future quarterfinal by Gianni Mina in Turkey

Last edited by duong : 03-30-2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: correction about Mina thanks to Springer89 ;)
Old 03-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
country flag Springer89

Springer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post

- a future quarterfinal by Gianni Mina in Turkey, the first ever ATP points he got, I guess
Not the first ever (at the end of last year Mina had 5 ATP points) but first ones in this year
Springer89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #6
country flag duong

Well, after last week's result, Gianni Mina did even better this week , winning his first future tournament in Turkey beating Gerard Granollers-Pujol for instance.

Next week, he will break the ATP top-1000 and even the ATP top-700

Other remarkable results :

- Javier Marti reached a future final in Croatia, beating Nikola Mektic
- Yuki Bhambri reached a future quarterfinal in his country
- Dennis Kudla beat Statham to go through one round in an American future
Old 04-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
country flag duong

First post updated on the 12th of april.

Most remarkable results last week were in Asia :

- Yasutaka Uchiyama won his first future in Japan, after qualifying : he will enter ATP-top-1000 (and even better) next week

- Jeong Suk Yong (born in april 1993) made a future quarterfinal in Korea, and was very near to beating Craciun for the semifinal

Last edited by duong : 04-12-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #8
country flag andrijagajic

andrijagajic has a reputation beyond reputeandrijagajic has a reputation beyond reputeandrijagajic has a reputation beyond reputeandrijagajic has a reputation beyond reputeandrijagajic has a reputation beyond reputeandrijagajic has a reputation beyond reputeandrijagajic has a reputation beyond reputeandrijagajic has a reputation beyond reputeandrijagajic has a reputation beyond reputeandrijagajic has a reputation beyond reputeandrijagajic has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think who can be the best from this generation?
Troicki Zimonjić
Lajović Ćirić
Milojević Janković

FITD Rank: 4 (High:1, as of 28th November, 2011)
FITD Race: 49 (High:1, as of 7th November, 2011)
TT Singles: 61 (High:60, as of 18th June, 2012) - SF: San Jose, QF: Acapulco
TT Doubles: 117 (High:110, as of 9th January, 2012) - SF: Doha (w/jmjhb)
FITD Titles: 2011 - US Open, Moscow
andrijagajic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:05 AM   #9
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrijagajic View Post
What do you think who can be the best from this generation?
I have not seen them play, except a little bit Tomic, then I'm surely not at all an expert for that : you should rather ask Springer89 .

I only check the results, and that's my only job here

For a very quick approach from a mere statistician, I can only say that :

- so far Tomic has always had the best results of his generation whereas he's one of the youngest of that list (born october 1992).

- Harrison, Krajinovic, Bhambri have also received a lot of hype, and had corresponding results (whereas Boluda, born in january 1993, had also had a lot of hype but didn't deserve it by his results except when he was very young).

- anyway, these players from this 1992 generation look more promising than the previous generations, that's why this generation is esp interesting. From time to time in tennis there is one generation with many good players who actually play against each other from the young age and who get good results at adult level, partly because of their mutual competition (for instance generations 1981-1982, 1986-1987, 1971-1972 ... )

Also something to note : all of these players are allowed to play in junior tournaments and many of the best ones don't do it.

That's why I think it's esp interesting to look at their results in ATP tournaments, where the best ones of this generation are actually trying to compete now.

People make a lot of hype about results in junior tournaments but if players succeed in junior tournaments while being already nearly 18 years old (like Monfils in the past), I don't think it's really interesting as the main competitors from his generation have already stopped playing junior tournaments.

I rather look at junior results for younger players (it's still OK for generation 1993 and younger ones, but for generation 1992, I don't think it's really interesting to look at their results in junior tournaments anymore).
Old 04-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
country flag FSRteam

FSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
People make a lot of hype about results in junior tournaments but if players succeed in junior tournaments while being already nearly 18 years old (like Monfils in the past, I don't think it's really interesting as the main competitors from his generation have already stopped playing junior tournaments. I rather look at junior results for younger players (it's still OK for generation 1993 and younger ones, but for generation 1992, I don't think it's really interesting to look at their results in junior tournaments anymore).
I totally agree with you but not for the junior grand slam results when the juniors are 18, because quite often the best 18-yrs old juniors want to capture a junior grand slam before going full time to the main tour and therefore the play those tournaments. For example wawrinka, monfils and tsonga who have entered top 10 at some point have all captured one or more junior grand slam(s) when they were 18-yrs old. Also de bakker and some others who have entered top 100... I don't remember precisely for all those players, but I just checked and wawrinka beat almagro, sela and ouanna en route to the final of junior roland garros title and they were all 18...
FSRteam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:26 AM   #11
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSRteam View Post
I totally agree with you but not for the junior grand slam results when the juniors are 18, because quite often the best 18-yrs old juniors want to capture a junior grand slam before going full time to the main tour and therefore the play those tournaments. For example wawrinka, monfils and tsonga who have entered top 10 at some point have all captured one or more junior grand slam(s) when they were 18-yrs old. Also de bakker and some others who have entered top 100... I don't remember precisely for all those players, but I just checked and wawrinka beat almagro, sela and ouanna en route to the final of junior roland garros title and they were all 18...
yes it happens but they don't always intend to do that, many players didn't even try to win one

... and in this generation Harrison and Krajinovic haven't won one, and it seems that they won't even try

And even if they try, that's not so interesting as the best players from their generation don't compete (for instance Monfils didn't have Nadal and Gasquet's competition, De Bakker Cilic's or Del Potro's or Gulbis's or Korolev's).

By the way, as you speak of De Bakker, I've noted something about junior grand slams : Wimbledon is obviously the most famous grand slam, but as far as juniors are concerned, many players who have won junior Wimbledon have not succeeded later (I don't say that for De Bakker who already approaches ATP rank 60), whereas the winners or junior French Open make a very impressive list, even McEnroe and Edberg won junior French open, and very few of junior French open winners didn't succeed among adults (I say that esp for Berta from this 1992 generation who so far has hardly played a match among adults)
Old 04-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #12
country flag FSRteam

FSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes it happens but they don't always intend to do that, many players didn't even try to win one

... and in this generation Harrison and Krajinovic haven't won one, and it seems that they won't even try

And even if they try, that's not so interesting as the best players from their generation don't compete (for instance Monfils didn't have Nadal and Gasquet's competition, De Bakker Cilic's or Del Potro's or Gulbis's or Korolev's).
I agree, but I've never said that they (monfils and de bakker for instance) played the best juniors of the generation* at the junior grand slams, I just said that it is still interesting to follow those jnuiors in their last year as juniors when they play the junior grand slams because the winners of junior grand slams (even if they are already 18) very often become great tennis players (top 100 material at least).

*Although, wawrinka and tsonga played the best of their year (1985)...

Quote:
By the way, as you speak of De Bakker, I've noted something about junior grand slams : Wimbledon is obviously the most famous grand slam, but as far as juniors are concerned, many players who have won junior Wimbledon have not succeeded later (I don't say that for De Bakker who already approaches ATP rank 60), whereas the winners or junior French Open make a very impressive list, even McEnroe and Edberg won junior French open, and very few of junior French open winners didn't succeed among adults (I say that esp for Berta from this 1992 generation who so far has hardly played a match among adults)

Quite true... quite a few junior wimbledon champs have not suceeded that much on the ATP unlike junior roland garros champs...
FSRteam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #13
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSRteam View Post
I agree, but I've never said that they (monfils and de bakker for instance) played the best juniors of the generation* at the junior grand slams, I just said that it is still interesting to follow those jnuiors in their last year as juniors when they play the junior grand slams because the winners of junior grand slams (even if they are already 18) very often become great tennis players (top 100 material at least).
OK it still has "some" interest, but ATP results have more interest at 18 years old imo, the best juniors at that age rather playing in futures or challengers. Junior results are more interesting for me for younger players : even if they don't "win" junior grand slams, it's interesting. But people only remember winners, even when they didn't face the best players of their generation
Old 04-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #14
country flag Nagime

Nagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond repute

And the best players in their last year of juniors much rather prefer asking for a WC or play the qualies to MD than trying to capture the junior title...
Nagime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #15
country flag duong

First post updated on the 19th of april.

Main results last week :

- a win in a future in Spain by David Souto(-Vargas) from Venezuela, beating number 2 seed Boje-Ordonez in second round : until now Souto had lost 6 times this year in second round, going through this round he could go all through the tournament

- future quarterfinal by Javier Marti(-Hernanz) from Spain in the same future

- Juan Sebastian Gomez from Colombia managed to qualify for a challenger first round in Pereira in his country, beating Sebastian Serrano.

Last edited by duong : 04-19-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Javier Marti-Hernanz thanks to Sonne ;)