1001 things you've learned from MTF - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1001 things you've learned from MTF

1. If you don't go for a winner on every shot, you're pushing
2. If you go for a winner, you're ballbashing
3. Being referred to as any type of bird should be considered an insult
4. There are no great players. They all played in mug eras
5. Berlocq and Fognini are legends regardless of their results
6. If you hit over ten aces per match, you're a serve-bot. (The Bulldog)
7. As a tennis player, you are either too arrogant or your personality is bland/fake/PC (Trollicki)
8. Jesus Fed would never lose a match in a history of universe. He appears only when he wins. (EliSter)
9. There's always a bigger idiot (GSMnadal)
10. Player you like that loses a close match is choking. (MaxPower)
11. Player you like that gets routined is tanking (MaxPower)
12. If 10 or 11 cannot be used your player is injured or don't care (MaxPower)
13. My favourite player only ever gets tough draws
14. The player I hate the most always gets mug draws
15. If your favourite player is the same as mine, I'll suck up to you and agree with everything you say
16. Nadal is by default injured until his next win
17. Every conceivable thread on MTF has been made at least once before. (Trollicki)
18. Derailing threads is awesome
19. All moderators are corrupt and will screw you the first opportunity they get
20. I must spread some reputation around before I can good rep Sham Kay again. (Kat_YYZ)
21. Die-hard extremely enthusiastic fans of a fundamentally evil player tend to be evil themselves. (BigJohn)
22.If the player you bet on loses the first set they are a fixing disgrace and should be banned forever but if they win the next set they are the greatest ever player to grace a tennis court. (jmf07)
23. If you disagree with equal pay in Tennis you're automatically a sexist misogynist, regardless of your gender
24. If you've ever disagreed with Filo V, you're homophobic
25. 99% of GM topics have already been covered in past and present threads already and all discussions keep perpetuating themselves in endless circles; yet nobody ever gets bored or leaves. (abraxas21)
26. WTA is rubbish (abraxas21)
27. Roger Federer is a good tennis player. (Topspindoctor)
28. You can figure out the smallest details of any match by simply observing the livescore board (Taejin)
29. Losing to a countryman is a bendover (Taejin)
30. Vulturing is a word (Taejin)
31. Nadal cant lose unless injured (Chirag)
32. Nadal fans hate Murray and Federer, Murray fans hate Nadal and Federer, Federer fans hate any one who has a positive H2H against him or poses a massive threat to him. (ProdigyEng)
33. Troll and annoy consistently and regularly enough, and you'll become a legend amongst your peers
34. Being banned due to immature behaviour is cool
35. Behaving like a Manchild deserves praise and accolades
36. i have learn that ppl love to use the word mug/tard for everything they say. (Punky)
37. i have learn that it will be easier to make peace in the middle east then between the players fans in here. (Punky)
38. i have learn that some ppl Accuse others in a turtle killing, Poor bowling skills and all kind of weird Unfounded accusations (u know who you are) (Punky)
39. i have learn that if someone is a friend and i dont know a lot about his country, just by talking to him i kind like his counry even more.. (Punky)
40. If your favourite player is beaten by another player, it is mandatory to have a hate vendetta against them till the end of their career
41. Glory hunting is excusable as long as you can convince everyone that you've supported the player since they were a toddler
42. Bandwagoning is cool as long as the player (or players) is around 23-24 years old and under. It is automatically accepted that there's 'top 10/20' potential in him. If the player (or players) is, however, older then you're clearly supporting a 'lol forever-a-mug/journeyman' despite him showing steady progress and having clear potential and talent. (Vinceremo)
43. If a player is of or under the age of 22 years old, they're regularly referred to as "kid" and essentially a child. (Burrow)
44. Brilliant MTF'er is the One who has never held a Racket in Hand in his entire life (Shinoj)
45. Lenders is god. (ProdigyEng)
46. If a player you dislike wins a lot of Slams, the time when he did so is referred to as a "mug era". (Chase Visa)
47. If a player you dislike enters a lot of 250's/500's and wins them, they are a vulture. If they lose, they just plain suck. (Chase Visa)
48. Expert opinion on past tennis does not require any actual experience of the said era. (TigerTim)
49. Every Nadal victory outside of Roland Garros occurs after the courts are slown down. (TigerTim)
50. the Majority of Fed fans are bitter mugs (ProdigyEng)

To be Continued..

Last edited by Sham Kay : 01-19-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1001 things you've learned from MTF

6. If you hit over ten aces per match, you're a serve-bot.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

7. As a tennis player, you are either too arrogant or your personality is bland/fake/PC
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

8. Jesus Fed would never lose a match in a history of universe. He appers only when he wins.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

9. There's always a bigger idiot

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

10. Player you like that loses a close match is choking.

11. Player you like that gets routined is tanking

12. If 10 or 11 cannot be used your player is injured or don't care
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

13. My favourite player only ever gets tough draws

14. The player I hate the most always gets mug draws

15. If your favourite player is the same as mine, I'll suck up to you and agree with everything you say

16. Nadal is by default injured until his next win
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this just Johnny Groove's laws of MTF again the way this thread is heading?

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #9
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

^ 17. Every conceivable thread on MTF has been made at least once before.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #10
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

^^ 18. Derailing threads is awesome

19. All moderators are corrupt and will screw you the first opportunity they get
Old 01-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Isn't this just Johnny Groove's laws of MTF again the way this thread is heading?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
^ 17. Every conceivable thread on MTF has been made at least once before.
..but this is the perfect response.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #12
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

20. I must spread some reputation around before I can good rep Sham Kay again.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #13
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

21. Die-hard extremely enthusiastic fans of a fundamentally evil player tend to be evil themselves.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 AM   #14
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

If the player you bet on loses the first set they are a fixing disgrace and should be banned forever but if they win the next set they are the greatest ever player to grace a tennis court.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:11 AM   #15
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

24. If you disagree with equal pay in Tennis you're automatically a sexist misogynist, regardless of your gender
25. If you've ever disagreed with Filo V, you're homophobic