Is there a tennis tourn going on ??? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-18-2004, 12:37 PM   #1
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is there a tennis tourn going on ???

is there ???
cos we've not seen anything of it LIVE

and its supposed to be the big YEC tourn as well.

and its turned into a big joke

US Open 2003 makes this event look good
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2004, 02:23 PM   #2
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a tennis tourn going on ???

And the best part for me is that no-one will be able to tape the showings on Eurosport of the matches that happened in the early hours of today. Rather like the US Open, I suspect the weather will clear and the schedule will have returned to normal by the weekend, but the result could well be similarly disappointing.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:24 PM   #3
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise how much I enjoyed the semi finals from last year.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:37 PM   #4
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

What, the US Open or the TMC? I didn't see a single live ball of the latter (I got a delayed repeat of Agassi v Schuettler and a slow scoreboard of Federer v Roddick), and the former was turning out just great after a Ferrero victory and a score of 7-6, 6-3, 6-6 (6-5) to Nalbandian in the second semi... then the whole thing fell through.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:41 PM   #5
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I meant the TMC finals, they showed those matches, then they showed the 1st matches of this years champs during the rain delay.

I have to listen to the brilliant Simon Reed and Jason Goodall, the man who can pronounce Bĺstad correctly, and shows it off a lot.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-18-2004, 03:33 PM   #6
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
I have to listen to the brilliant Simon Reed and Jason Goodall, the man who can pronounce Bĺstad correctly, and shows it off a lot.
You're not alone in that department.
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:34 PM   #7
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonE
You're not alone in that department.
Better than American commentary and that's all I can say about that. Though Jimmy Arias is very funny.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-18-2004, 03:56 PM   #8
country flag Pea

Pea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond repute

We're getting taped matches and WE LIVE IN AMERICA.
{{{Janko Tipsarevic}}}
{{{Andreas Vinciguerra}}}
{{{Mikhail Youzhny}}}
(Agustin Calleri)(Hicham Arazi)(Nicolas Kiefer)(Sebastien Grosjean)(Rafael Nadal)
(Tommy Robredo)(Xavier Malisse)(Gustavo Kuerten)(Rainer Schuettler)(Fernando Gonzalez)
(Mark Philippoussis)(Gaston Gaudio)(Albert Montanes)(Ivan Ljubicic)(Mariano Zabaleta) & Many More...

FoRevEr:
{{{STEFAN EDBERG}}}
Pea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:56 PM   #9
FrogBurger

FrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond repute

Was Up wit dat?
FrogBurger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:59 PM   #10
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Judio, that's stunning news, but I did hear these rumours somewhere before.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-18-2004, 04:00 PM   #11
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting taped matches too, but that's because of the stinking rain It sucks because TSN had slots for live matches all week

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:04 PM   #12
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judio
http://www.weather.com/activities/ot...X0617&dayNum=0

Shock Horror

It looks like we might get some play on Time

and it would be Henman's match
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:07 PM   #13
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

The joys of live tennis.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-18-2004, 04:26 PM   #14
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg
and it would be Henman's match
Actually I think we should get both matches tonight shouldn't we TBE? According to the schedule it says it's live on British Eurosport from 6.30pm to 10.30pm which would be time enough to show both. Unless of course they choose to show recorded highlights of Tim after his match finishes! Not forgetting Greg's words of wisdom of course.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:53 PM   #15
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judio
Shows how much Castle despises Rusedski though

He introduced him as "The Former Canadian Number One"

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1