Maria Sharapova defeats Australia Junior Boy's Champion - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #121
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maria Sharapova defeats Australia Junior Boy's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer88 View Post
Haha you know what I think you're right. It's probably my American pride trying to defend Serena. She's the only one keeping us relevant in tennis. John Isner, Fish, Querrey, Baker...I root for them but they always disappoint me.

You don't know how much I'm praying for Jack Sock to breakthrough (if he does at all).
well I sympathize there mate, American tennis is far from where it used to be, and that is a damn shame. I believe the guys you mentioned are pretty much living up to their level of talent. I guess with the current US top players, the bar has to be lowered. I haven't seen enough from Sock and Johnson to be able to determine if this will change, but I do hope so
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #122
country flag JarkaFish
Banned!

JarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
I thought this thread was about Maria Sharapova ? Why has this become an anti Serena orgy?
Any thread about WTA players vs ATP players will eventually become about Serena considering she's the best WTA player by a mile right now.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #123
country flag producer88

producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
I like it there is no murray in there.

Did you watch last year's grindfest, boring, sleep inducing AO final?

Serena is used to blow opponents in less than a hour. She wouldn't have the stamina to keep up with a male tennis player. And tennis is a physical game imo and men are just more gifted genetic-wise.
Hahaha Murray won 1 GS I can't put him with those 3 yet, he needs to prove that it wasn't a fluke win.

Of course I watched Nadal/Djokovic 5 hour match! Probably the best match I've seen til this day. Again you guys are assuming I'm comparing Serena to the top men. She can't win against the Top 200 at all, they're just physically better it's genetics.
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #124
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Slice View Post
She would struggle to win points, let alone games. I would love to see Rafa or Djoker take on Serena on clay, that would be really funny to see.
She would struggle to win points which required trading off the ground, that may be true (in fact I agree that it is). However, uniquely for a female tennis player, Williams has a first serve big enough to ace or soften up a point against any returner. A few first serves in a row, maybe one mistake (it's not like the male players are perfect), and that's a game. It's easily imaginable. To me, it's bizarre that some people think this is out of the question.

Quote:
That's it. She aced him twice in a match. Yeah, that will win her games. Even Wozniacki aced Fish, so?
Twice in one game, gets you halfway there. Only need two more good first serves and competent follow up and you have a game. Is it out of the question? If you really think so, why?

Lets consider that Williams aced an opponent over 20 times in a two set match in Wimbledon last year. If you watch any mixed doubles you'll know that whilst it's considerably easier to hit unreturnable serves against women, the difference is not such as to make comparison irrelevant. Men do not ace women all the time, and women hit unreturnable serves against men. It Happens. This is undeniable. 120mph serves which hit the lines don't get 'easily returned' as someone laughably suggested earlier in this thread. A good serving game is all it takes. Which part of this idea do you disagree with?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #125
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer88 View Post
Hahaha Murray won 1 GS I can't put him with those 3 yet, he needs to prove that it wasn't a fluke win.

Of course I watched Nadal/Djokovic 5 hour match! Probably the best match I've seen til this day. Again you guys are assuming I'm comparing Serena to the top men. She can't win against the Top 200 at all, they're just physically better it's genetics.
Add to this WTA sympathy... Oh well.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #126
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute

In which category are women equal to men?

Athleticism - no
Speed - no
Strength - no
Variety - no
Power - no
Skill - no
Reflexes - no
Mental strength - yes, but hard to judge
Asadinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #127
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

WTA Tennis died when Henin retired. Then died again when Henin retired again.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #128
country flag producer88

producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Add to this WTA sympathy... Oh well.
I wasn't asking for WTA sympathy...I ONLY mentioned Serena haha, and the only thing I said was that Serena can rank 400-300 in my opinion. Serena, not the WTA, she is wayyyyyy above any WTA player.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #129
country flag producer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post

Athleticism - no
Speed - no
Strength - no
Variety - no
Power - no
Skill - no
Reflexes - no
Who said they were equal?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #130
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post

Athleticism - no
Speed - no
Strength - no
Variety - no
Power - no
Skill - no
Reflexes - no
Results from activities such as chess and bridge, where physicality simply doesn't enter into the equation, suggests women are behind also in mental strength. How would you otherwise explain this list?
http://www.worldbridge.org/departmen...t=O&pagecnt=5&
Rose Meltzer is the best woman at #148.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #131
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
WTA Tennis died when Henin retired. Then died again when Henin retired again.
Yes, for all the talk of Williams, some seem to forget that Henin - despite being one year younger - had better career stats at the time of her first retirement.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #132
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Results from activities such as chess and bridge, where physicality simply doesn't enter into the equation, suggests women are behind also in mental strength. How would you otherwise explain this list?
http://www.worldbridge.org/departmen...t=O&pagecnt=5&
Rose Meltzer is the best woman at #148.
don't think the difference in mental strength is the cause of this though. There are clear differences in spatial vizualization between men and women. I'd say this would be the cause of the discrepancy.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #133
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
don't think the difference in mental strength is the cause of this though. There are clear differences in spatial vizualization between men and women. I'd say this would be the cause of the discrepancy.
That is of course a valid theory. It would probably hinder them also in chess and billiards, but not shooting which is the only place where women seem able to compete equally.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #134
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to be on top of her too
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #135
country flag Jverweij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
That is of course a valid theory. It would probably hinder them also in chess and billiards, but not shooting which is the only place where women seem able to compete equally.
I can't help but think that there are other factors at play. I really don't understand why women can't play darts aswell as men for instance..