Maria Sharapova defeats Australia Junior Boy's Champion - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #91
country flag producer88

producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88
Default Re: Maria Sharapova defeats Australia Junior Boy's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
A drunk man two weeks away from being ranked 350.
A drunk man according to him. Was it confirmed by another party that he was actually drunk, and if he gets drunk by 2-3 beers than really I feel bad for him, because he obviously didn't have a social life with male friends going out to sports bars and drinking like crazy.

Again even if he played like a level 600 player (according to him, he probably didn't want to feel embarrass with the fact a 16 YO girl won a game against him), a 16 YO Serena managed to win a game. Now she would beat a 600 or 500 player.
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #92
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer88 View Post
A drunk man according to him. Was it confirmed by another party that he was actually drunk, and if he gets drunk by 2-3 beers than really I feel bad for him, because he obviously didn't have a social life with male friends going out to sports bars and drinking like crazy.

Again even if he played like a level 600 player (according to him, he probably didn't want to feel embarrass with the fact a 16 YO girl won a game against him), a 16 YO Serena managed to win a game. Now she would beat a 600 or 500 player.
As we are short of any evidence of what would actually happen, we'd better agree to disagree.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #93
country flag feuselino

feuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this in another, similar thread, still useful:

29th of November, 2009 on indoor hard:
Thomas Muster (42 years old) - Sybille Bammer (ranked 55 at that time): 6-3 6-2

Now let's look at the H2H of said Bammer against Serena Williams: 2-0 for Bammer
2007: Sybille Bammer (ranked 56) - Serena Williams: 3-6 7-5 6-3
2009: Sybille Bammer (ranked 29) - Serena Williams: 7-5 6-4

Now let's look at some of Muster's results at age 42, ALL ON CLAY:

Thomas Muster - Gianluca Naso (ranked 418): 3-6 4-6
Thomas Muster - Conor Niland (ranked 165): 2-6 1-6
Thomas Muster - Alessio Di Mauro (ranked 173): 3-6 2-6
Old 01-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #94
country flag producer88

producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuselino View Post

Now let's look at the H2H of said Bammer against Serena Williams: 2-0 for Bammer

Really Bammer? Haha I wonder how their H2H would be if Serena really cared for any of the 2 events she faced her in. Serena never plays GOAT during Cinnci, she actually always tanked that tournament (never cared to win it), and Hobart? Haha you should know the main issue critics had about Serena was her focus in Tennis & they hated the fact she only cared for the GS and Miami. BTW Serena Hobart was her first event back since 2004/05 I believe, and many analyst said she came back fat and slow.

Last edited by producer88 : 01-13-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #95
country flag producer88

Quote:
As we are short of any evidence of what would actually happen, we'd better agree to disagree.
I guess so. I'm going with my ESPN Sports Science breakdown and betting Serena can beat players under #200 ranking, not consistently, but she can beat them.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #96
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess so. I'm going with my ESPN Sports Science breakdown and betting Serena can beat players under #200 ranking, not consistently, but she can beat them.
Whereas I'm going with my extensive knowledge of results differences between men and women in measurable physical sports such as track-and-field, weight lifting, swimming and track cycling and saying she has no chance whatsoever.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #97
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuselino View Post

this...

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #98
country flag producer88

Quote:
Whereas I'm going with my extensive knowledge of results differences between men and women in measurable physical sports such as track-and-field, weight lifting, swimming and track cycling and saying she has no chance whatsoever.
But this isn't any of those sports. This is Tennis...maybe it's the fact I just seriously started to get into it, because of Federer/Nadal/Djokovic (sorry for my previous typo) rivalry, but aside from spin, a little bit more power and speed, and monster serves, I don't see much of a difference between men and women. Those factors may be enough to destroy Serena, but I can't see a 16 yo boy hitting the ball so hard that she can't return it. Remember this isn't any regular WTA player, this is Serena.

When I went to the US Open last year, frankly I only saw the men a few degrees above the women. I feel Tennis is more of a mental game if anything. I mainly watch American Football & Basketball so I know physically no woman can compete, but those are contact sports. Tennis is more about the mind. Again seeing games in person, I only saw a few degrees of difference between the men and the women. Maybe is my untrained eye, still learning about the sport.

Last edited by producer88 : 01-13-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #99
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are we really going to bring up something when Serena was 16. She lost as a 16 year old girl. She wasn't even in her physical peak. You can't use that in this argument, because Serena wasn't mentally tough, physically strong, and her serve wasn't nowhere near as today. Actually you're making the case for Serena. Since a 16 year old girl took a game out of a man ranked #203
he was close to retirement and had drunk 2-3 beers before the match. but ok, williams would beat federer on straight sets

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #100
country flag producer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
he was close to retirement and had drunk 2-3 beers before the match. but ok, williams would beat federer on straight sets
Seriously I wouldn't be his friend if he gets drunk with 2 beers haha how do we go to a sports bar and only drink 2 beers? I don't believe he was drunk.

I've NEVER said Serena could beat Federer. I actually said Serena can't beat a Top 200 player at all. My case was that she can probably beat 500 players below and maybe be ranked 400-300.

This is Tennis, it isn't as physcial as American Football or Basketball or even Soccer (Futbol as I like to call it). She can compete with 16 YOs and men ranked below #500
Old 01-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #101
country flag erickmartins
Not exactly average.

erickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond repute

For a minute let's concede Serena's serve is good enough to trouble Antal van der Duim, ATP's current #500. Let's concede she would win most of her service games against him. Also, let's consider her serve is like twice as good as anyone else's from WTA. The fact that she's not winning every return game against this opposition is very compelling evidence that she would win close to zero return games against aforementioned Antal van der Duim. Therefore, she'd be in a lot of trouble there.

Titles: Astana 2 CH '11, Challenger Tour Finals '11, Kuala Lumpur '12 (w/Dudisela75), Bressuire Futures '13 (w/Marita)

Finals: Fürth CH '11, Orleans CH '11, Petange CH '12, TT Euro '12 (w/Vilnietč)

SF: Australian Open '12, Memphis '12
erickmartins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #102
country flag erickmartins
Not exactly average.

erickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond repute

Which is not to say WTA "is not tennis", or that women do not deserve equal prize money or anything else. It's just that no, women would not be competitive on the ATP Tour.

Titles: Astana 2 CH '11, Challenger Tour Finals '11, Kuala Lumpur '12 (w/Dudisela75), Bressuire Futures '13 (w/Marita)

Finals: Fürth CH '11, Orleans CH '11, Petange CH '12, TT Euro '12 (w/Vilnietč)

SF: Australian Open '12, Memphis '12
erickmartins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #103
country flag producer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickmartins View Post
For a minute let's concede Serena's serve is good enough to trouble Antal van der Duim, ATP's current #500. Let's concede she would win most of her service games against him. Also, let's consider her serve is like twice as good as anyone else's from WTA. The fact that she's not winning every return against this opposition is very compelling evidence that she would win close to zero return games against aforementioned Antal van der Duim. Therefore, she'd be in a lot of trouble there.
But why can't she be affected with returning? Again I agree he may add more spin and power to his shots over any female, but is it much of a difference?

Again, it may be my untrained eyed, but I only saw a small difference of degree in both the men & women matches when I went to the US Open last year. I guess I need more time to learn & adjust to the various techniques. The one huge difference I saw was the serve.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #104
country flag SliceAce

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But this isn't any of those sports. This is Tennis...maybe it's the fact I just seriously started to get into it, because of Rafa/Nadal/Djokovic rivalry, but aside from spin, a little bit more power and speed, and monster serves, I don't see much of a difference between men and women. Those factors may be enough to destroy Serena, but I can't see a 16 yo boy hitting the ball so hard that she can't return it. Remember this isn't any regular WTA player, this is Serena.

When I went to the US Open last year, frankly I only saw the men a few degrees above the women. I feel Tennis is more of a mental game if anything. I mainly watch American Football & Basketball so I know physically no woman can compete, but those are contact sports. Tennis is more about the mind. Again seeing games in person, I only saw a few degrees of difference between the men and the women. Maybe is my untrained eye, still learning about the sport.
A WTA fan, ladies and gentlemen...
SliceAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #105
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Gee ESPN making ridiculously stupid patriotic comments about an American woman that will never be put to the test. Yeah I would take this at face value
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote