Maria Sharapova defeats Australia Junior Boy's Champion - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #76
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maria Sharapova defeats Australia Junior Boy's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer88 View Post
Yet you have no answers to the videos I posted breakdown Serena serve, and why it's respect. BTW I love how ESPN Sports Science point out that Serena 2nd serve average was faster than Murray's during Wimbledon.
its a mixed doubles on an exhibition. wozniacki aced fish too last year twice. plus in the video, that ace, novak thought it was out and he didnt even try to run. its SO clear in the video, dont be delusional please

just look at the ball bounce and see murray´s second serve is way more effective

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #77
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If her serve is overrated than why did ESPN call it one of the most deadliest shots in sports. Let me remind you, ESPN dedicate their time to American Football, Basketball, Baseball and for them to acknowledge Serena serve over any other player in the Tennis world deserves to be respected.
Her serve is best I ever saw woman could produce. Yes, not only power, but variety is there too. But ATP players returns this kind of serves almost in every match, usually even harder ones. It`s not like she has Fed`s serve.

To compare WTA to ATP seriously is a crime sincerely, the difference in skills are indescribable.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #78
country flag producer88

producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
its a mixed doubles on an exhibition. wozniacki aced fish too last year twice. plus in the video, that ace, novak thought it was out and he didnt even try to run. its SO clear in the video, dont be delusional please

just look at the ball bounce and see murray´s second serve is way more effective
Last time I checked the Hopman Cup was an actual event players wanted to win, especially Novak in his home crowd. I'm not saying Serena could compete against Novak or any Top 200, but she aced him twice, and if you didn't want to count the first one that's fine, but she did ace him again, and he didn't look happy by his body language facing the wall with his head down.

I would agree with you, any player will destroy the WTA players, but when it comes to Serena she has to be ranked between 400-300...there's a reason she beats her opponents, and sometimes so viciously.
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #79
country flag producer88

producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88 producer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Her serve is best I ever saw woman could produce. Yes, not only power, but variety is there too. But ATP players returns this kind of serves almost in every match, usually even harder ones. It`s not like she has Fed`s serve.

To compare WTA to ATP seriously is a crime sincerely, the difference in skills are indescribable.
Again the one factor I say Serena could pull a game or two is because her serve is disguised. You don't know where she's going to hit it. She actually admitted herself she doesn't know where she is going to place her serve until the final seconds. This causes her opponents to freeze.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #80
country flag alter ego

alter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post

"One of them was really on top of me and then I got really mad," said the 25-year-old, who tried to protect his identity.
Intresting, were pictures taken?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #81
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Last time I checked the Hopman Cup was an actual event players wanted to win, especially Novak in his home crowd. I'm not saying Serena could compete against Novak or any Top 200, but she aced him twice, and if you didn't want to count the first one that's fine, but she did ace him again, and he didn't look happy by his body language facing the wall with his head down.

I would agree with you, any player will destroy the WTA players, but when it comes to Serena she has to be ranked between 400-300...there's a reason she beats her opponents, and sometimes so viciously.
home crowd? it takes place in perth
anyway, what is an ace?making ONE ace doesnt make you win a match yeah she could ace some players, maybe many of them, but she wouldnt get a close set to players ranked into top 500, thats for sure

she wouldnt be ranked 300-400 on atp, the difference between movement and strength is so big, atp players play with lot of top spin and would move a lot serena and dont let her hitting all the time in the middle on the court. serena wouldnt overpower atp players on top 300-400, trust me

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #82
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Serena wouldn't win any games. Any competent player with a ranking would double bagel her.

Do you ever wonder why guys like Fabrice Martin - who has a serve that is ten times better than Serena's - are stuck in the doldrums far down the rankings? Service alone won't do a player any good, the quality of the returning across the board nowadays is superb. Serena would be found out with her hippopotamus-like movement and one-dimensional ground strokes. So what if she can serve at 120MPH every so often? I'm pretty sure guys like David Goffin, Kei Nishikori & David Ferrer can serve that fast quite often, and nobody takes any notice of their serves, because in reality that isn't fast at all, and doesn't constitute that good a serve.

As for Kokkinakis, if he can take nine games from Verdasco - albeit in an exhibition - I'm pretty sure he wasn't playing at full capacity.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #83
country flag producer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
home crowd? it takes place in perth
anyway, what is an ace?making ONE ace doesnt make you win a match yeah she could ace some players, maybe many of them, but she wouldnt get a close set to players ranked into top 500, thats for sure

she wouldnt be ranked 300-400 on atp, the difference between movement and strength is so big, atp players play with lot of top spin and would move a lot serena and dont let her hitting all the time in the middle on the court. serena wouldnt overpower atp players on top 300-400, trust me
I don't think my point is coming across. What I'm trying to say is that Serena on serve alone, especially on grass court, can win a couple of games against ATP players. She can't beat the Top 200, but she can challenge the men in the 500 or below. Remind you the story about the player that beat her I believe 6-2 or 6-1, he beat Serena when she was still a teen! She didn't reach her physical peak yet, and wasn't he ranked #201 or something closer to the Top 200?

I believe she's strong enough to role with the Top 400-300 guys. Which by the way, most of them will lose because of unforced errors or mental mistake. I don't know if you've seen Serena play, or how many times you've seen her play, but she's pretty fast, her footwork sometimes is horrible, but she covers the court pretty well and is really fast. I do give you that she will have trouble with spin, so that's the only worry I have of her beating a Top 500 player. Serena isn't your regular WTA player, she might be the best ever. She's the reason I got into Women Tennis in the first place, and when she retires I might stop watching WTA events until the Grand Slams.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #84
country flag ufiors

ufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond repute

ATP Tour

Mens ITF Junior Tour

ETA U16 Mens Junior Tour

WTA

ETA U14 Mens Junior Tour

ITF Womens Junior Tour
ufiors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #85
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs View Post
Do you really think so? Serena Williams could surely win games against just about any male tennis player. If she has a good serving game, then it's in her hands. 120+ serves onto the line are aces, whichever way you look at it. With any good first serves Williams could clearly gain an extremely favourable court position. Women's tennis is a long way behind mens, but the best player in the world can still win the majority of the points starting from an attackable mid court ball.

Williams is probably the best server in WTA history, so the argument doesn't generalise into 'women can compete with men', but having a good serve is a great leveller, and Williams serve + ground strokes are good enough to win her games (not just at Wimbeldon).
Williams has tried playing against a man before. This is what happened (from Wikipedia):

In 1998, 203rd ranked male player Karsten Braasch took on Venus Williams and beat her 6–2. He also played Serena Williams and won 6–1 after the Williams sisters, who were 17 and 16 at the time, said they could beat any man ranked 200 or worse. Braasch was 15 years older than Serena and Venus, and had drunk 2 beers and played one round of golf that morning. Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance" as he claimed he had played like someone ranked 600 in order to keep the game "fun
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #86
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think my point is coming across. What I'm trying to say is that Serena on serve alone, especially on grass court, can win a couple of games against ATP players. She can't beat the Top 200, but she can challenge the men in the 500 or below. Remind you the story about the player that beat her I believe 6-2 or 6-1, he beat Serena when she was still a teen! She didn't reach her physical peak yet, and wasn't he ranked #201 or something closer to the Top 200?

I believe she's strong enough to role with the Top 400-300 guys. Which by the way, most of them will lose because of unforced errors or mental mistake. I don't know if you've seen Serena play, or how many times you've seen her play, but she's pretty fast, her footwork sometimes is horrible, but she covers the court pretty well and is really fast. I do give you that she will have trouble with spin, so that's the only worry I have of her beating a Top 500 player. Serena isn't your regular WTA player, she might be the best ever. She's the reason I got into Women Tennis in the first place, and when she retires I might stop watching WTA events until the Grand Slams.
Hw was 203 at the time of play, and ca. 350 two weeks later.....
Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #87
country flag producer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Williams has tried playing against a man before. This is what happened (from Wikipedia):

In 1998, 203rd ranked male player Karsten Braasch took on Venus Williams and beat her 6–2. He also played Serena Williams and won 6–1 after the Williams sisters, who were 17 and 16 at the time, said they could beat any man ranked 200 or worse. Braasch was 15 years older than Serena and Venus, and had drunk 2 beers and played one round of golf that morning. Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance" as he claimed he had played like someone ranked 600 in order to keep the game "fun
Are we really going to bring up something when Serena was 16. She lost as a 16 year old girl. She wasn't even in her physical peak. You can't use that in this argument, because Serena wasn't mentally tough, physically strong, and her serve wasn't nowhere near as today. Actually you're making the case for Serena. Since a 16 year old girl took a game out of a man ranked #203
Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #88
country flag producer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Hw was 203 at the time of play, and ca. 350 two weeks later.....
So a 16 year old Serena was able to win a game against a 600-200 player. I wonder how he would fair now with a stronger, faster, smarter Serena, since she took 1 game at the age of 16.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #89
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Are we really going to bring up something when Serena was 16. She lost as a 16 year old girl. She wasn't even in her physical peak. You can't use that in this argument, because Serena wasn't mentally tough, physically strong, and her serve wasn't nowhere near as today. Actually you're making the case for Serena. Since a 16 year old girl took a game out of a man ranked #203
A drunk man two weeks away from being ranked 350.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #90
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
So a 16 year old Serena was able to win a game against a 600-200 player. I wonder how he would fair now with a stronger, faster, smarter Serena.
Yes, as for winning a game in each set against someone ranked 500 I believe that would be possible. Winning six or seven is completely out of the question thoughout her career.